[GUIDE][TAKE APART] Fix the annoying/bad vibration

Search This thread

oversleeper

Jun 24, 2014
Melbourne
Many Moto G owners have gotten a device with a poor quality vibration motor. If your phone make an annoying rattle sound every time the vibration goes on, you're in the right place. I found an easy way to get rid of that rattle sound and restore a nice, fluid, vibration and a better tactile feedback, as should be.

I'm not responsible of your device, doing this you're taking your own risk and responsibility.

1) You will need:

• A T4 Torx screwdriver
• Some lubricant (specific for precision instruments, not olive oil ;P)
• A plastic pry tool
• A little needle
• Some patience

Image 1

2) First of all turn off the phone, remove the back cover and the SIM card.

Image 2

3) Start to remove all screws.

Image 3

4) Open the device using the plastic tool, or something like that (also fingernails).

Image 4

5) Let's see where is located the vibration motor.

Image 5

6) If you want to remove the battery, this is the right way, but it's not compulsory for our purpose.

Image 6

7) Hey, it's a nice board for a 150 dollars phone!

Image 7

8) Put a drop of lubricant on the needle, DON'T use the bottle directly on the motor.

Image 8

9) Put the small drop of oil on the pivot of the motor (sorry for the pic quality).

Image 9

10) Reassemble the phone and remember to put the buttons in the right direction.

Image 10

11) Check if everything is ok. YAY!

Image 11

Last edited:

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
I must have had 30-40 Moto Gs in the past 9 months and neither of them had problems with the vibromotor. Dunno how you caused it to go dry or dirty, but it certainly doesn't happen often.

Anyway though, good that you posted a guide with photos if anyone should ever need it.

Sn0opy

Aug 10, 2010
Still have the same issue with my phone's vibration motor. It doesn't work from time to time and I think I'll open the device myself and check the motor instead of sendinf it to service.

Didn't check my phone yet, but is there any seal you break, when you open the phone?

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
Still have the same issue with my phone's vibration motor. It doesn't work from time to time and I think I'll open the device myself and check the motor instead of sendinf it to service.

Didn't check my phone yet, but is there any seal you break, when you open the phone?
No seals there, but the torx screws are enough of a security measure and easy to determine if they were unscrewed.

oversleeper

Jun 24, 2014
Melbourne
I must have had 30-40 Moto Gs in the past 9 months and neither of them had problems with the vibromotor. Dunno how you caused it to go dry or dirty, but it certainly doesn't happen often.

Anyway though, good that you posted a guide with photos if anyone should ever need it.

Maybe I was not so lucky but I heard lot of people whit this issue, even on YouTube :)

Put a piece of toilet paper o something like that between the screwdriver and the screw, in this way you don't ruin your screws and nobody will notice that you opened your phone...

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
Yea, I'm sure it's happening if ppl report it, but it's not very common issue overall.

To me a bigger problem is the earpiece, which under normal circumstances won't fail easy, but in latter revisions, it seems that it can go defective after just a few sight drops of the phone.

Jevinruv

Jun 10, 2014
Negombo
my moto g vibration stops when i type letters on the keyboard
and when i shake the phone the vibration starts again ? Some users have complained about it too
what is wrong with it ? is it a loose connection with the motor?? :confused::confused:

Sn0opy

Aug 10, 2010
and when i shake the phone the vibration starts again ? Some users have complained about it too
what is wrong with it ? is it a loose connection with the motor?? :confused::confused:

Had the exact same issue with mine. Either the vibration motor is a bit dusty, or just broken. If you didn't root it yet, I'd recommend you send it to the service.

Reactions: Jevinruv

h2o64

Aug 13, 2012
Paris
My Moto G has doesn't vibrate anymore.
Last time it did that, I had to change the entie phone. I doesn't have the warranty anymore ...
Can this guide help me ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many Moto G owners have gotten a device with a poor quality vibration motor. If your phone make an annoying rattle sound every time the vibration goes on, you're in the right place. I found an easy way to get rid of that rattle sound and restore a nice, fluid, vibration and a better tactile feedback, as should be.

I'm not responsible of your device, doing this you're taking your own risk and responsibility.

1) You will need:

• A T4 Torx screwdriver
    • Some lubricant (specific for precision instruments, not olive oil ;P)
    • A plastic pry tool
    • A little needle
    • Some patience

Image 1

2) First of all turn off the phone, remove the back cover and the SIM card.

Image 2

3) Start to remove all screws.

Image 3

4) Open the device using the plastic tool, or something like that (also fingernails).

Image 4

5) Let's see where is located the vibration motor.

Image 5

6) If you want to remove the battery, this is the right way, but it's not compulsory for our purpose.

Image 6

7) Hey, it's a nice board for a 150 dollars phone!

Image 7

8) Put a drop of lubricant on the needle, DON'T use the bottle directly on the motor.

Image 8

9) Put the small drop of oil on the pivot of the motor (sorry for the pic quality).

Image 9

10) Reassemble the phone and remember to put the buttons in the right direction.

Image 10

11) Check if everything is ok. YAY!

Image 11

Had the exact same issue with mine. Either the vibration motor is a bit dusty, or just broken. If you didn't root it yet, I'd recommend you send it to the service.