[MOD] Turn off the light on the keys

Search This thread

juanjitos

Sep 3, 2008
Hi, there if any of the xda developers can make an application to turn the light on the keys, because when you see a video is a bit annoying that are lit, battery-consuming as well.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Regards

Here you go(tnx to mercianary

1. install gscript lite from market and run it once, this should create a directory gscript on your sdcard

2. put memory card in pc

3. create a text file and put this command in it.

echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-microp/leds/button-backlight/brightness

4. save the file as "buttonled.sh" not "buttonled.sh.txt" in sdcard/gscript

5. put the card back in your phone, hold your finger on the home screen and select shortcut, gscript lite, menu, add script, load file, buttonled.sh, save, buttonled.

6. press the new icon on your screen.

this will only work on 2.1

everytime you press this icon the button lights turn off.

they will come back on after certain events, ie locking the screen.

if you know adb you could edit the file trigger in the same directory to permanently disable the light, i think. you will have to figure that out yourself.

Download of the market LEDs hack,that does exactly what we want.
Thanks to friend velazcod for the contribution.

Last edited:

mercianary

May 30, 2010
Brum
using the following command in 2.1 turns on the blue led.

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-microp/blue/brightness

there is a very similar command, cant tell you what it is cuz i am on 2.2 at the minute, that will turn off the key lights.

just change echo 1 to echo 0 and blue to keyled or something, you have too look in the leds-microp dir to find out.

when you have the right command install gscript lite from the market and add a shortcut to the homescreen to your command.

don't think it will work in 2.2 though.

easy peasy!

edit:i know it turns of the led but i'm not sure if it keeps it off, dont remember.

Last edited:

juanjitos

Sep 3, 2008
but I do not want the blue LED, what I want is a small application that allows me to turn off lights or turning on the power when I want to watch a video.
thanks anyway for your help

mercianary

May 30, 2010
Brum
using the following command in 2.1 turns on the blue led.

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-microp/blue/brightness

there is a very similar command, cant tell you what it is cuz i am on 2.2 at the minute, that will turn off the key lights.

just change echo 1 to echo 0 and blue to keyled or something, you have too look in the leds-microp dir to find out.

when you have the right command install gscript lite from the market and add a shortcut to the homescreen to your command.

don't think it will work in 2.2 though.

easy peasy!

edit:i know it turns of the led but i'm not sure if it keeps it off, dont remember.

read my post again

juanjitos

Sep 3, 2008
thanks again but I'm a rookie and I have no idea of why I say, anyway thank you very much for your attention, I would like is an app that does that, like the one made to turn the blue LED but for the keys.
Thanks

mercianary

May 30, 2010
Brum
solution:

Here you go.

1. install gscript lite from market and run it once, this should create a directory gscript on your sdcard

2. put memory card in pc

5. put the card back in your phone, hold your finger on the home screen and select shortcut, gscript lite, menu, add script, load file, buttonled.sh, save, buttonled.

if you know adb you could edit the file trigger in the same directory to permanently disable the light, i think. you will have to figure that out yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

juanjitos

Sep 3, 2008
Ole Ole, hahahaha very good friend of mine works perfectly, many thanks for your great help, you're a crack mate.
a hug

juanjitos

Sep 3, 2008
the problem is that when putting a rock video with one player or the act, turn to turn on the lights again, is not likely to be permanent?.
Thanks

kingchris

Apr 17, 2007
Here you go.

2. put memory card in pc

next time use the "quote" ;)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6855691&postcount=4

When I open my shortcut on the homescreen, this pops up:

Is it normal? Seems like the lights go out shortly, but then returns...

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT:

I ran the gscript lite once and no folder was created on my sdcard. Had to create it myself.

Attachments

• snap20100629_131637.jpg
    snap20100629_131637.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

mercianary

May 30, 2010
Brum
That scree is meant to pop up bit the writing on the bottom is saying something is wrong.

Install connectbot and run the command directly from terminal.

Daelyn

Dec 17, 2006
Using Defrost Froyo on mine. I've got these to play with instead:
Code:
./sys/class/leds
./sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight
./sys/class/leds/green
./sys/class/leds/amber
./sys/class/leds/red
./sys/class/leds/blue
./sys/class/leds/jogball-backlight
./sys/class/leds/button-backlight
./sys/class/leds/flashlight

Last edited:

Stiegi

Jun 27, 2008
Darmstadt
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
How to permanent turn off the button-backlight?

Is there any way to turn off the button-backlight permanent?

Maybe over adb in recovery-mode? Tried myself, but didn't find a suitable solution :(

mercianary

May 30, 2010
Brum
try this

Is there any way to turn off the button-backlight permanent?

Maybe over adb in recovery-mode? Tried myself, but didn't find a suitable solution :(

maybe.

try pulling the file triggers located at "/sys/devices/platform/leds-microp/leds/button-backlight/" removing the contents and pushing it back (or just push an empty file)

my thinking is that if nothing triggers the light to come on it will stay off, maybe.

try it and let us know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd love to but I wouldnt know how :)

Install adb on your computer, and with a little help of basic unix commands (ls, cd, cat, echo) you could probably find the paths.

On the Desire, for the button LEDs, the path is:
    /sys/devices/platform/leds-microp/leds/button-backlight/brightness

And for the notifications, it is:

/sys/devices/platform/leds-microp/leds/green/brightness
    /sys/devices/platform/leds-microp/leds/amber/brightness

So the Desire HD should have the same files around there, probably within

/sys/devices/platform.....

Same goes to anybody that has an unsupported phone that wants me to include it in LEDs Hack ;)
    @velazcod:

This app works great on my desire running miui. However when i turned off the top LED in the app settings(just curious to see if it would work), the top LED wouldn't come back on again despite me changing the settings back and pressing the button to switch on LEDs. The top LED only worked again when i uninstalled the program.

Brilliant app though

I have heard this happened before to a few users, but I have no idea why it is happening. The app resets the permissions of the files back to what they were. Doesn't make much sense to be honest

This could be because the path of the files is different from others, usually happens because of custom/modified kernels.

One of my last posts (above) explains how to find these files. Give me the paths and I'll implement it into the app.

Thanks.