How to sync apple email to Android

Search This thread

Frostacious

Nov 4, 2011
Rio Grande Valley, TX
I had been having alot of problems setting up a syncing method with my Mac email address with my Android. I have spent a long time searching online for ways to sync.

Anyways, I figured it out myself and this is what I did in order to get everything to sync to me android.

1. Open @email app on phone
2. press menu > + Add Account
3. Type in your email, " username@me.com ", and password
4. Click Manual Setup > Click IMAP account
5. type exactly in IMAP, " p08-imap.mail.me.com "
6. Security type " SSL " > Click next
7. type exactly in SMTP, " smtp.me.com " > Security type "none" > Click next
Done! And here are some screen shots below. Well hope this helps someone out there. +1 if it helped you. This process should also work if you have a @mac.com just change the imap p08-imap.mail.mac.com and smtp.mac.com

screenshot000020wonder.jpg
screenshot000021wonder.jpg

josevtome

Oct 21, 2008
San Francisco
I can receive mail, but can't configure smtp for outgoing, keeps me telling that invalid username/pass was entered. I tried xxxx@me.com, or just xxxx but can't do. Also changed security as showed in several other guides and nothing yet.

Help! :)

Reactions: Frostacious

tclarkey

Nov 27, 2010
Oswego, IL
I can receive mail, but can't configure smtp for outgoing, keeps me telling that invalid username/pass was entered. I tried xxxx@me.com, or just xxxx but can't do. Also changed security as showed in several other guides and nothing yet.

Looking at your port number, 587, I think that is a SSL port. Change your outgoing settings to SSL and enter your username in the field.

Frostacious

Nov 4, 2011
Rio Grande Valley, TX
Follow this Instructions and only change what i wrote

No bro follow the example I left exactly the only things I asked you to change was 1. Imap server 2. Port 3. Security type. Click Next and change the 4. SMTP server and thats it now you can recieve and send your email. The username and password are already in place because you can not manual setup without placing your full account like " xdadevelopers@me.com" than your "Password".

notmyepic

Mar 19, 2011
Livonia, MI
I have never had an issue with me.com email account on my phone. Here are my settings:

Incoming settings

Username: myname@me.com
Password: *******
Imap server: p99-imap.mail.me.com (p99 maybe different, check settings in email on computer)
Port: 993
Security type: SSL
Imap path prefix: Optional

Outgoing settings:

SMTP server: smtp.me.com
Port: 587
Security type: TLS (accept all certificates)
Require sign in: Checked
Password: ******

EDIT: Original settings did not work on iCloud, had to change incoming IMAP server to p**-imap.

Followed directions from here: iCloud mail

Not sure that I need to list anything else, but will look and answer if something else is needed.

Last edited:

Deskal01

Nov 11, 2012
Apple email on Galaxy S3

Hi Frostacious,

I found your post most useful for setting up Apple iCloud email on my Galaxy S3. The incoming mail set up worked first time and seemed to sync perfectly with iCloud. However, the settings for outgoing mail gave me an error "server not available" when I tried to send an email. I tried various permutations of the outgoing settings but all gave the same error. When I set up the outgoing as per your post it seems to accept the parameters OK - i.e. no error is generated at set up.

Can you help?

Much appreciated.

Des.

I had been having alot of problems setting up a syncing method with my Mac email address with my Android. I have spent a long time searching online for ways to sync.

Anyways, I figured it out myself and this is what I did in order to get everything to sync to me android.

Done! And here are some screen shots below. Well hope this helps someone out there. +1 if it helped you. This process should also work if you have a @mac.com just change the imap p08-imap.mail.mac.com and smtp.mac.com

Reactions: ChristopherOdd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Looking at your port number, 587, I think that is a SSL port. Change your outgoing settings to SSL and enter your username in the field.
    I have never had an issue with me.com email account on my phone. Here are my settings:

Incoming settings

Password: *******
    Imap server: p99-imap.mail.me.com (p99 maybe different, check settings in email on computer)
    Port: 993
    Security type: SSL
    Imap path prefix: Optional

Outgoing settings:

SMTP server: smtp.me.com
    Port: 587
    Security type: TLS (accept all certificates)
    Require sign in: Checked
    Password: ******

EDIT: Original settings did not work on iCloud, had to change incoming IMAP server to p**-imap.

Followed directions from here: iCloud mail

Not sure that I need to list anything else, but will look and answer if something else is needed.
    Apple email on Galaxy S3

Hi Frostacious,

I found your post most useful for setting up Apple iCloud email on my Galaxy S3. The incoming mail set up worked first time and seemed to sync perfectly with iCloud. However, the settings for outgoing mail gave me an error "server not available" when I tried to send an email. I tried various permutations of the outgoing settings but all gave the same error. When I set up the outgoing as per your post it seems to accept the parameters OK - i.e. no error is generated at set up.

Can you help?

Much appreciated.

Des.