App to flash recovery (CWM {or} Stock)! Update (safety fixes) PLEASE DOWNLOAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

putnum

Feb 2, 2010
I tried this on my new nook tab 8 gig running 1.4.2 and it will flash the recovery but when i reboot in recovery all i get is the cardboard box and my screen is jumping around...

Any ideas?

Solar.Plexus

Jan 29, 2012
Hey, will this app install CWM on other roms beside stock?

Sent from my CM9 Alpha 0.02 Nook Tablet

I don't see why not. As far as I know, Indirect's app flashes the image to the recovery partition of your device, meaning it wouldn't depend on anything else as long as you have a good partition table.

Please correct this if it's wrong.

mak0305

Aug 14, 2010
I cannot for the life of me get cwm on my 8gb. I have tried everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pm me pleaseeeeeeee.
And yes, i have looked at all the other threads.

Sent from my BNTV250A using XDA

mak0305

Aug 14, 2010
if there was an image that i could write instead of having to do it manually i think it would probably work. does anyone have such an image??

mpdt

Mar 31, 2009
I can't get the NT to slide this APK using Astro File Manager. I keep hitting the check mark to allow non-market apps to be installed, but once I back out of the screen the check mark disappears.

Any help???

vocaltreat

Jan 17, 2011
yucaipa
I managed to get cwm installed and booting on my 8gb NT but it freezes when i try to do a nandroid backup either on internal or sd memory. Incompatible with the 8gb nt?

Yup mine is doing the same thing, sometimes it will just have the cwm logo and then reboot and sometimes it will look like its runing fine until i actually try to do something like make a backup.....then it just freezes with the pic of Mr. android in the back and cwm-based recovery v5.5.0.4 on the bottom left had corner.....so then power off and power back on........im also on the 8gig nt and have rooted via alberts 4.6o update my s

ps......ya i really need to update my sig LOL i havnt been on here in a long while.

eggwardo

Mar 12, 2012
So, I used this to put cwm on an 8gb... oops. I then (still not knowing it was only for 16gb) used it to go back to stock recovery. So now i'm told that i have 16gb recovery on my 8gb.

Everything seems to be working fine. But now Indirects unrooter won't work for me. I would like to unroot to try albertwertz's "brick trick" for making sd cards boot without plugging in the cord.

Is this currently fixable? I can't find anything.

Also, It might be a good idea to put something in the OP stating that this is bad for the 8gb.

thanks, :D

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
So, I used this to put cwm on an 8gb... oops. I then (still not knowing it was only for 16gb) used it to go back to stock recovery. So now i'm told that i have 16gb recovery on my 8gb.

Everything seems to be working fine. But now Indirects unrooter won't work for me. I would like to unroot to try albertwertz's "brick trick" for making sd cards boot without plugging in the cord.

Is this currently fixable? I can't find anything.

Also, It might be a good idea to put something in the OP stating that this is bad for the 8gb.

thanks, :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1570022 click on the ATTENTION 8GB NT USERS link. Once done your device will be like out-of-the-box so no root.

Reactions: eggwardo

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
Updated but made a new thread since I wanted to keep track of things easier. Can a mod please close / delete this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys, first of all I have to say that you cannot access recovery without something like quickboot -or- rom manager so please get your preferred app for this.

I AM NOT LIABLE IF YOU SOMEHOW MANAGE TO **** UP A ONE CLICK APP! Do not ask me for support. Learn something and fix it yourselves.

Next, I will say that AlbertWertz will be making a video, but this is -really- simple.
    All you do is click the button corresponding with what you want to flash.

I will work on aesthetics later but for now, it works, checks md5's, and flashes the images.

Problems:
    None with my app, however there are sure to be a few bugs on the recovery. Also: this flashes to internal, that's why I included a reset to stock button!

How to fix a borked install: CLICK ME CLICK ME FOR THE FIX!

(Note, you need superuser otherwise not a damn thing will happen!)

Download link:
    here

Instructions:
    Just click the button that has the recovery you want to flash. It's really simple. Screenshots, credit, and changelog will be posted in the next post.
    Wait 10 seconds for the flash to finish then you can reboot if you want.

Please don't mirror
    Changelog:
    Code:
    2.1: Updated with 1.4.3 stock image and the 6.x CWM image.
    2.0: Cleaned up the code, added better md5 checking now it won't flash without a good md5.
    1.5.5: Fixed md5 hash checking
    1.5: Added Reboot Recovery button
    1.1: Fixed filename issue for stock recovery
    1.0: Initial release.
    Credit:
    Code:
    nemith for the recovery
    myself for the image of stock and designing the app
    Screenshots:
    shot_000001.png
    Here is video Link for OP, explains CWM and how we will use it when flashing roms etc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVQBSkv6Tk4
    Updated the application. You will need to uninstall then reinstall for it to install because I had to change signing keys since I lost my last one.
    Thanks for the try. I have tried everything. I made a nandroid backup, replaced the recovery with the stock one from the acclaim file, changed the md5, then checked the md5 and it was fine. when i went to restore it gave me an md5 error. I'm lost until someone makes a usable bootable image file.

I am not a programmer so I can't help much in the development, but I try to help where I can. I have made a ROM that is 1.4.0 without being registered and is rooted using Indirects method and has Indirects Clockwork Recover installed. You should be able to put it on a card and use CWM recovery to load it. No frills, no thrills, just a stockish ROM restorable with CWM.

These are clockwork recovery backup zips. You will need to unzip and place on a MicroSC card
    /clockworkmod/backup/2012-01-24.blahblah/all the files

You can find it at http://www.makingitdigital.net/android/index.html

Hope it helps

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

If you don't see it right away, wait a couple of mins, it is still uploading and is kinda slow tonight.