[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] CWM RECOVERY v5.0.2.8 for LG Optimus 3D Max P725 and P720H

Search This thread

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
Hello Guyzzz!!!!!

A Great Newzz for ALL!!!!! First the recovery was not compiled by me! :(

But NOW I am BACK with a FULLY WORKING RECOVERY AND FULLY COMPILED BY ME :D :good:

We have now a FULLY WORKING CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY v5.0.2.8.

The CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY is TESTED on :-
1. LG OPTIMUS 3D MAX P725
2. LG OPTIMUS 3D MAX P720H

I HELD NO RESPONSIBILITIES FOR BRICKED PHONES. YOU MAY TRY ON P720 BUT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Credit Goes to :-

1. I, Me and Myself ( For taking the initiative,compiling testing and removing all bugs :D :p )
2.. Cynogenmod for the SOURCES.
3. P720H tester ZOOM.

According to me, the CWM RECOVERY is fully working.

HERE ARE THE STEPS TO INSTALL THE CWM RECOVERY :-

Download the CWM RECOVeRY FINAL.zip from the link given below :

http://www.mediafire.com/?p59d9ppjlhkcp67

Copy the cwm5.0.2.8.img on the ROOT OF THE SDCARD not the External SDCARD ( Root of SDCARD means not in any folder )

The BIGGEST REQUIREMENT IS YOUR OPTIMUS 3D MAX should be ROOTED!!!

Now download ANY TERMINAL EMULATOR from the GOOGLE PLAY!!!!!

You can try this :-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en

And install it.

Type the following commands in TERMINAL EMULATOR :-

su

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p6.backup bs=4096

dd if=/sdcard/cwm5.0.2.8.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=4096

Once complete.

Turn off your phone.

1st hold 3d key then volume down button and at last power button.

Keep holding till the LG LOGO appears and leave when it appears.

You will enter the CWM Recovery :D

Proof of the Recovery :-

Last edited:

lordasphyxia

Oct 28, 2011
Worked like a charm! First I couldn't get the # to appear (the phone WAS rooted) so I just used the terminal emulator you specified, and that solved it.

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
Where did i mentioned that I DEVELOPED???
I clear mentioned that you compiled and i removed all bugs...

Sent from my LG-P725 using xda premium

Reactions: JeremyJK

TommyX235

Sep 26, 2011
Jena
tryed everything .. factory reset .. i have a backup from my original rom.. when i restore it i also boot into cwm.

i can start sw update mode (vol +) but either there nor in cwm i have adb access..

i tryed kdz but i don't know the dev type .. i tryed TI / 3GQCT etc. the program crashes

its breaking my heart .. i have this device the first day and now its broken!

ARRGG!!!

I still have the backup of the mmcblk0p6.backup

can i do anything with it?

maybe it is possible to install it via zip in cwm?

Last edited:

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
tryed everything .. factory reset .. i have a backup from my original rom.. when i restore it i also boot into cwm.

i can start sw update mode (vol +) but either there nor in cwm i have adb access..

i tryed kdz but i don't know the dev type .. i tryed TI / 3GQCT etc. the program crashes

its breaking my heart .. i have this device the first day and now its broken!

ARRGG!!!

I still have the backup of the mmcblk0p6.backup

can i do anything with it?

maybe it is possible to install it via zip in cwm?

Install LG SUPPORT TOOL IN PC.
KEEP YOUR PHONE IN DOWNLOAD MODE.
CONNECT TO PC.
OPEN LG SUPPORT TOOL.
IN TOOLS SELECT RECOVER PHONE.
INPUT YOUR IMEI.
AND WAIT FOR THE RECOVEY PROCESS TO FINISH.
ALL WILL BE DONE SAFELY AND YOU WILL GET THE PHONE WORKING

Reactions: JeremyJK

TommyX235

Sep 26, 2011
Jena
this damn tool doesn't recognize my IMEI also when i enter my device type p720 & Serial a small window pops open showin my device and my serial .. when i click ok .. another popup telling .. please check your device or something.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

also why is adb not working?

Is there a way to get it workin in CWM?

In CWM in section advanced you can do show log.

CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.8
ro.bootmode=unknown
ro.baseband=unknown
ro.carrier=unknown
ro.bootloader=unknown
ro.hardware=omap4430
ro.revision=7
ro.emmc=0
init.svc.recovery=running
init.svc.adbd=running

I:checking for extendedcommand...
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand file not found...

Does this mean something?

Also this lg Tool only worked for me when adb also was working.

TommyX235

Sep 26, 2011
Jena
this damn tool doesn't recognize my IMEI also when i enter my device type p720 & Serial a small window pops open showin my device and my serial .. when i click ok .. another popup telling .. please check your device or something.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

also why is adb not working?

Is there a way to get it workin in CWM?

In CWM in section advanced you can do show log.

CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.8
ro.bootmode=unknown
ro.baseband=unknown
ro.carrier=unknown
ro.bootloader=unknown
ro.hardware=omap4430
ro.revision=7
ro.emmc=0
init.svc.recovery=running
init.svc.adbd=running

I:checking for extendedcommand...
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand file not found...

Does this mean something?

Also this lg Tool only worked for me when adb also was working.

is it somehow possible to activate nable adb access in CWM 5.0.2.8?

or can i flash a zip to do this?

Again .. i can enter S/W Upgrade Mode

There i only see S/W Upgrade
Please wait
while upgrading....

(NO ADB ACCESS! But the Tool recognize the phone but won't let me start the sw upgrade.)

In CWM i can mount & unmount storage and flash zip files or backup / Restore.
BUT no ADB access and Restoring the backup i made doesnt work either)

What breaking my head is that the LG Update must had set a flag to boot into recovery after i downloaded it so mindless.
Since then i stuck in cwm bootloop. There mus be a way to reset this flag. Somehow!!!)

Its over .. i flashed CWM-Loop-DeLooper -> now i stuck @ LG Logo.. also vol+ to enter S/W Upgrade not working anymore. Now its bricked! ARGH!

Last edited:

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
is it somehow possible to activate nable adb access in CWM 5.0.2.8?

or can i flash a zip to do this?

Again .. i can enter S/W Upgrade Mode

There i only see S/W Upgrade
Please wait
while upgrading....

(NO ADB ACCESS! But the Tool recognize the phone but won't let me start the sw upgrade.)

In CWM i can mount & unmount storage and flash zip files or backup / Restore.
BUT no ADB access and Restoring the backup i made doesnt work either)

What breaking my head is that the LG Update must had set a flag to boot into recovery after i downloaded it so mindless.
Since then i stuck in cwm bootloop. There mus be a way to reset this flag. Somehow!!!)

Its over .. i flashed CWM-Loop-DeLooper -> now i stuck @ LG Logo.. also vol+ to enter S/W Upgrade not working anymore. Now its bricked! ARGH!

Can you come on chat? So that i can help you!!

Andrelius1

Feb 28, 2013
LG P725 CWM Problem

Hi guys need help, i installed this cwm recovery with no problems, when i start it i see menu, can move up and down but i can`t launch anything. I read at different sites that i should to use shutdown key or 3d key but they don`t work. Also i install newer version 6.... but there are this problem too. I have LG 3D max (P725) version o firmware v10f.

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
Hi guys need help, i installed this cwm recovery with no problems, when i start it i see menu, can move up and down but i can`t launch anything. I read at different sites that i should to use shutdown key or 3d key but they don`t work. Also i install newer version 6.... but there are this problem too. I have LG 3D max (P725) version o firmware v10f.

use volume keys to move up and down.
and capacutive keys to select

Andrelius1

Feb 28, 2013
CWM problem

Thanks a lot! Its strange that in any instruction not says this way of use CWM, i read a lot differents cwm instructions, but the always the same - use power off key ot use 3d button.

Who don`t how to use CWM menu :
"properties button" - up
"home button" - down
"back button" - back
"search button" - ENTER

schubeir

Apr 30, 2011
Mumbai
Cannot select options in cwm

Hi Eklovya,

Brilliant job done!!

I have successfully rooted and installed CWM following your method.

However, when i go boot to CWM, I can use the volume buttons to highlight the options (I wanted to backup), but I am not able to select the options. i tried the power button and the 3D button, no go. What do i do?

I just exchanged my P920 and got myself this P725 today!!!

schubeir

EDIT: my bad!!! found the solution in the post just above!!!!

schubeir

Last edited:
Reactions: Eklovya

dyuss_zero

Sep 17, 2013
(possibly long post ;), I will try to make a post at least a little fun to read).

Guys, I humbly come before you, kneeling and desperate, trying to solve my problem :(.

I've serarched XDA and a lot (!!) of others forums and comunities to revive my P720H (LG optimus 3D Max in Brazil).

I am not a complete noob in custom firmwares for Android, but this time, the LG phone gave me a hell of a headache (and almost a divorce, for the 3 days going too late to bed, trying to solve it). :rolleyes:

I will explain what happened and what I've already tried to do and the results.

Causes:

I've tried to install ClockworkMod in my P720H because it still was in Android 2.3.6 (I think).
I've successfully rooted the phone using this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886057 with the SuperSU app on GooglePlay.
When I asked CWM app to reboot in recovery mode (to wipe things and install the .zip file on the sdcard root) things got bad.
My phone could not get passed the LG logo anymore.

So far we have a cause: CWM app did something to the phone. I am not able to boot the recovery menu nor to pass the LG logo on the screen.
Over the communities we may find that it's a common issue.
It is important to say that I am able to enter the 'S/W updating' state. When I connect the phone to the computer, holding VOL+ and placing the battery, I got the S/W screen.

What can I do? In several posts (even here in xda) we may find 3 or 4 different solutions to restore the phone. I think I've already tried everything, but I am sure that the steps became fuzzy in my read and I mixed the solutions in the end.

Drivers:

- I have already the drivers installed: When I connect the phone (with or without battery and with or without vol+ pressed) my Device Manager recognizes everything. I don't have any component marked as 'unknown device' or with exclamations points or anything. This is a good thing, I guess. I had to install more than one thing to solve every driver problem. I don't remember exactly, but I think that the LGDriver-something and the omap4430 something too.

Solutions:

- I have tried the LG Support Tool and so far it appears to be the closest to a solution that I've reached. With the phone connected (in S/W mode or no), I insert the IMEI and the software recognizes the model and starts downloading something (500mb approx.). But after decompressing, during the installation phase, it gets stuck at 4%. I waited for more than 20min and still got nothing better than 4%. It appears to be a common issue too.

- The LG_FlashTool (version 1.2) does not work either. In fact, it does not even recognizes the phone. I've changed the COMport to 41 (according to some guide) on Windows Device Manager and chose the port 1 on LGFlashTool. Even after selecting the kdz, bin and fls files, the software does not connect to the phone. I don't have a screenshot here, but I've seen here in xda that the software displays the model of the phone on the top and a READY message on port 1. Mine does not do it.

- KKDZ_FW_UPD_EN: I've tried this one but it does not even start working. The interface is not that good, so I don't know where I may be failing. I need to 'read phone information' or not? What do I have to chose on each combobox? How to proceed?
And why the hell is there so much .exe on this thing? Do I have to run a apache server to do something?! :confused:

- OMAP4BOOT: This one connects to the phone and works, I think. But I don't know its purpose. It's just to place the phone on 'S/W updating' mode? If so, it's useless, because I can enter it easily. If no, maybe I am missing something. Either way, I don't have a version for the P720H. If I remeber correctly, it proposes P999, P760, P870, ... I choose P760 to test it and it works (apparently, again).

- SmartFlashTool: I don't remember if I have already tried this one. As I said, it was too much already.

- NVFlash: I've found it only to G2X, so I didn't know if I should try forcing it to my model. I can give it a try if you help me.

Other softwares and downloads:
KDZ:
- V10B_00 and V1A_00: found today and downloaded for my model and country (will try to extract things and use it later).
- LG_P725_V10F_00: I was using this one until yesterday, because I didn't have the one to P720H
- LGP700AT-01-V10d-232-03-SEP-11-2012+0.dz : Found in an indian repository of some kind of LG data leak. Apparently is useless. DZextract gave me nothing.

DLL: LGP720_20120330_LGFLASHv1377: Needed in some of the softwares above (LG FLashTool? I don't remeber).

BIN and FLS: LGP725_LG_P725_V10F_00_AP.bin and LGP725_LG_P725_V10F_00_CP.fls, extracted from LG_P725_V10F_00.kdz. I don't know, but I should try extracting these from the V10A_00, because apparently is the correct one for my model/country (I am not in my house right now).

Well... :crying:

tl;dr version:

I am facing a LG logo boot loop in P720H. I've tried to reboot CWM in recovery mode but it didn't work. I've tried several approaches but I don't even know what is the point of each one. I found that this is the best topic to use, because is one of the fews that covers the P720H.

I have all those softwares and almost 5gb of downloaded material (kdz, img, bin, exe, ...) but I don't know what I am supposed to use.

In the end, I want my P720H in android 4.x if possible. If not, I just want the crap 2.3.6 again. :crying:

Can you help me? I am not a total noob in custom firmwares and roms, and I am willing to pass all the information that I can :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guyzzz!!!!!

A Great Newzz for ALL!!!!! First the recovery was not compiled by me! :(

But NOW I am BACK with a FULLY WORKING RECOVERY AND FULLY COMPILED BY ME :D :good:

We have now a FULLY WORKING CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY v5.0.2.8.

The CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY is TESTED on :-
    1. LG OPTIMUS 3D MAX P725
    2. LG OPTIMUS 3D MAX P720H

I HELD NO RESPONSIBILITIES FOR BRICKED PHONES. YOU MAY TRY ON P720 BUT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Credit Goes to :-

1. I, Me and Myself ( For taking the initiative,compiling testing and removing all bugs :D :p )
    2.. Cynogenmod for the SOURCES.
    3. P720H tester ZOOM.

According to me, the CWM RECOVERY is fully working.

HERE ARE THE STEPS TO INSTALL THE CWM RECOVERY :-

Download the CWM RECOVeRY FINAL.zip from the link given below :

http://www.mediafire.com/?p59d9ppjlhkcp67

Copy the cwm5.0.2.8.img on the ROOT OF THE SDCARD not the External SDCARD ( Root of SDCARD means not in any folder )

The BIGGEST REQUIREMENT IS YOUR OPTIMUS 3D MAX should be ROOTED!!!

Now download ANY TERMINAL EMULATOR from the GOOGLE PLAY!!!!!

You can try this :-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en

And install it.

Type the following commands in TERMINAL EMULATOR :-

su

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p6.backup bs=4096

dd if=/sdcard/cwm5.0.2.8.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=4096

Once complete.

Turn off your phone.

1st hold 3d key then volume down button and at last power button.

Keep holding till the LG LOGO appears and leave when it appears.

You will enter the CWM Recovery :D

Proof of the Recovery :-
    Worked like a charm! First I couldn't get the # to appear (the phone WAS rooted) so I just used the terminal emulator you specified, and that solved it.

Happy to help you.

"HITTING THANKS WILL ENCOURAGE ME MORE":good:

IT TOOK MORE TIME TO DEVELOP THIS RECOVERY THAN THE TIME YOU WILL TAKE TO JUST " HIT THANKS".

dude you are not developed this recovery, it's created by me, you only unpacked my recovery using kitchen , that not call develop
    Cannot select options in cwm

Hi Eklovya,

Brilliant job done!!

I have successfully rooted and installed CWM following your method.

However, when i go boot to CWM, I can use the volume buttons to highlight the options (I wanted to backup), but I am not able to select the options. i tried the power button and the 3D button, no go. What do i do?

I just exchanged my P920 and got myself this P725 today!!!

schubeir

EDIT: my bad!!! found the solution in the post just above!!!!

schubeir