Why are new members seen as NOOBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

caponer

Jul 11, 2012
I dig her curly hair and she has a beam on her face. I get good vibes on seeing her. Who cares about the body. Parker also has curly hair and she's lot more fairer so looks appealing but julia beats her with her smile. I like both of them. Sorry :rolleyes:

nickabear

Feb 9, 2012
I'm not a newb I've been flashing and rooting thanks to xda for years now. I became a member so I could thank the devs and report glitches and such but I never got around to posting my 10 useless posts. which I am doing now by the way.. I understand the 10 post rule in the fact that it weeds out ignorant people in flooding the developers forums with nonsense posts but it is still somewhat frustrating for us experienced users.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

boborone

I'm not a newb I've been flashing and rooting thanks to xda for years now. I became a member so I could thank the devs and report glitches and such but I never got around to posting my 10 useless posts. which I am doing now by the way.. I understand the 10 post rule in the fact that it weeds out ignorant people in flooding the developers forums with nonsense posts but it is still somewhat frustrating for us experienced users.

Reported. You don't need 10posts to click the thanks button.

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011

'I understand the 10 post rule' and 'posting my 10 useless posts' contradict each other quite strongly :rolleyes:

M_T_M

Troll King & Retired Señor Mod - I Regret Nothing!
Apr 14, 2009
Texas
@schnuff*1
If you can find a thread to help around, learn and participate in a positive and productive manner, your post will continue to magically disappear.

Welcom to XDA where rules are ment to be followed!

Cheers,

Reactions: jayharper08

Maddhouse

Jul 26, 2012
West Sussex
Because we are. We haven't got a clue what we are doing everything e. g myself and you end up asking pointless threads I instead of researching and GOOGLE'ING you question. I think there should be a thread cap say you can only post a new topic/thread after 10 posts as well

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium

boborone

Because we are. We haven't got a clue what we are doing everything e. g myself and you end up asking pointless threads I instead of researching and GOOGLE'ING you question. I think there should be a thread cap say you can only post a new topic/thread after 10 posts as well

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium

Hey NEW MEMBER. Welcome to xda.

Reactions: mikef

petterkatt

Feb 8, 2013
I understand the 10-post restriction, the main problem I see with beeing a new member is that the only things Im interested in, is the developer-fora.
There are lots of non devel-fora avalible, but I have a hard time of finding threads where I actually can contribute.

Since Im new to Andorid I dont have the skill and experience to help users and the overall atmosphere in the forum is "dont talk if your not sure of what your saying".

I dont consider myelf a noob, I have after all a good understanding of how stuff works.

What Im trying to say is, Yes I think there are a lot of "stupid" members (noobs) who asks before trying to search, who tries to root wiithout know what they are doing and then starts 4 threads in diffrent fora demanding help.

I dont want to be seen as such a user and I know I am not one of them. I just feel that the atmosphere are a lot of them vs us, and Im caught in the middle.
Im not a noob but am also not an expert.
Im just here to learn, to read. Some day when I have gathered enough experience I too will be able to help users, and probably I too will be tired as hell of the noobs asking the same question for the 5th time about how to unroot their phone...

boborone

I understand the 10-post restriction, the main problem I see with beeing a new member is that the only things Im interested in, is the developer-fora.
There are lots of non devel-fora avalible, but I have a hard time of finding threads where I actually can contribute.

Since Im new to Andorid I dont have the skill and experience to help users and the overall atmosphere in the forum is "dont talk if your not sure of what your saying".

Then what business do you have in development? That's the reason for the rule. Why can't you guys get it? You all seem to think your question contribution belongs in dev area, but you know nothing about it. During those 10 posts, use that time to get to know what you think you know. You'll realize you don't know what you think you know.

You DON'T belong in dev. You are a noob. That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

petterkatt

Feb 8, 2013
Then what business do you have in development? That's the reason for the rule. Why can't you idiots get it? You all seem to think your question contribution belongs in dev area, but you know nothing about it. During those 10 posts, use that time to get to know what you think you know. You'll realize you don't know what you think you know.

This is exactly the mentality Im talking about.
I DO understand the meaning of the rule, Im not complaining about it at all.

The thing is its almost impossible to post ANYTHING without get this kind of reply.
Why does the forum be so much "us against them".
As I wrote at the bottom of my last post, I do understand that ppl get tired of all the "noob"-posts.

Either you did not read my post, or you missunderstood my meaning. I dont have any intention of asking questions in the dev-area.
I know by limits, and I eager to learn more, but the mentality of ppl like you dont encurage to ask questions.

Just because Im new to the forum and new to Android dosnt mean that I have no clue what so ever about what Im doing.

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Then what business do you have in development? That's the reason for the rule. Why can't you guys get it? You all seem to think your question contribution belongs in dev area, but you know nothing about it. During those 10 posts, use that time to get to know what you think you know. You'll realize you don't know what you think you know.

Since when is it appropriate to call other members names and disrespect them? Noobs, new members, or whatever ya wanna call them, they may be but they deserve the same kind of respect we expect, do they not? It's people like you and I that are supposed to lead by example. ;)

M_T_M

Troll King & Retired Señor Mod - I Regret Nothing!
Apr 14, 2009
Texas
Had enough of this thread. Closed now.Use PM to communicate now

Cheers,

If I had a hammer...I'll tell what I do! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The ten post rule is in place because of people like this, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37963530

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
    Cause you make threads like this :confused:

Sent from my Galaxy SII
    Why are new members generally seen as Noobs?

One of the reasons I registered is to post my work, not to ask stupid Questions (expect of this one, sorry for that but I need to get my 10 Posts)

Kind regards Uwe

You release that the Site is for Developers yes, however 99% of newly registered users are not developers thus this is put in place.
    The site is also about helping each other so why not answer some people questions (as if your already a developer im sure there are questions you can answer) help a few people and boom you have more than enough posts
    Had enough of this thread. Closed now.Use PM to communicate now

Cheers,

If I had a hammer...I'll tell what I do! :eek:

Reported. You don't need 10posts to click the thanks button.