Android TV Software

Search This thread

iLiberate

Mar 10, 2011
I know nothing about Android TV software, but I'm interested in buying an Ouya (already pre-ordered) for the sole purpose of installing Android and using it as an Android TV with gaming capabilities. This may seem like quite a stretch, I'm not sure.

Does Google share the source code for Android TV? Is anyone else interested in this or something similar?

xlanhackerx

Feb 15, 2008
Hey ... i think about the same Project.

First of all we should wait if the first Ouya Devices shipped because i think at these time they will release the needing Sources.
If not we have "GPL Violation" .... so we should wait.

I will perfom the integrated "XBMC" with now support Live-TV in Combination with "tvheadend" Server but need help to get tvheadend compile and run under "Android-Kernel" (Tegra3). If some developer will help it would be great !!!

Reactions: Rildiz

RobKort

Jan 13, 2012
Pennsylvania
XBMC is already working on supporting OUYA so no worries there. It will probably be ready by the time OUYA consoles ship out.

.........TPT'd From my SGS3

tb-killa

Feb 25, 2008
Duisburg
AW: Android TV Software

XBMC is already working on supporting OUYA so no worries there. It will probably be ready by the time OUYA consoles ship out.

.........TPT'd From my SGS3

I know it but for getting xbmc work like live tv you need server with Communication to your dvb device over USB. I actually test some dev porting and compiling of tvheadend server for Android Kernel but got some Problems because Most libs doesnt work .
I test actually with tegra 2 device so if first Version run its easier to port it to newer tegra parts !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
I use my HDHomeRun on XBMC. It's natively supported with XBMC and it's a network streamer. You set up a list of your channels (takes a bit of work), then select which channel you want from a list. Get a HDHomeRun.

tcollum

Feb 10, 2011
Sort of related, I installed the YouTube for Google TV apk on my Ouya and it runs great. Works splendidly with a controller, and can still use my phone to control playback.

edit: sorry if this was a terrible grave-dig.

mybook4

Apr 3, 2011
Sort of related, I installed the YouTube for Google TV apk on my Ouya and it runs great. Works splendidly with a controller, and can still use my phone to control playback.

edit: sorry if this was a terrible grave-dig.

Sounds great. Is there a place you might point us to to find this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts