[Q] I9100 AOSP NeatROM 2.5 Music Player Issues

Search This thread

3ph3sus

Feb 4, 2014
Berlin
About 1 month ago I flashed Sale's NeatRom v5.42 and the Apollo Regular Kernel . It was a great rom, mostly because of its smothness and the battry drain (it drains less than the half of my stock ROM I9100LSD). One week ago I thought "Why don't try KitKat?". So I flashed the latest AOSP NeatROM and the correct Apollo Kernel. I also like this ROM, but I have some issues considering music playing with my smartphone. I've tried three apps (Google PlayMusic, RocketPlayer and finally now Apollo), but they don't solve it.
  1. Music playing drains a lot more batttery than before.
  2. When acitivating the screen while listening to music, sometimes the sound stutters.
  3. Randomly the music player app seems to hang when a new song starts. Only after a reboot can listen again to music.
The first two points are only peanuts, but the last point is really annoiying.
I assume the only way is reflashing a stock based ROM, isn't it?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Sun90

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 1, 2011
MYSORE - KARNATAKA - INDIA
About 1 month ago I flashed Sale's NeatRom v5.42 and the Apollo Regular Kernel . It was a great rom, mostly because of its smothness and the battry drain (it drains less than the half of my stock ROM I9100LSD). One week ago I thought "Why don't try KitKat?". So I flashed the latest AOSP NeatROM and the correct Apollo Kernel. I also like this ROM, but I have some issues considering music playing with my smartphone. I've tried three apps (Google PlayMusic, RocketPlayer and finally now Apollo), but they don't solve it.
  2. When acitivating the screen while listening to music, sometimes the sound stutters.
  3. Randomly the music player app seems to hang when a new song starts. Only after a reboot can listen again to music.

Yes, the music player getting stuck is a known issue with KK roms for now, but its a random one.

U can try moving all ur music files on to ur Internal Sdcard (11.5gb one) and then try and also check the above with the stock kernel :)

Reactions: Vivek_Neel

3ph3sus

Feb 4, 2014
Berlin
Well, i have no external SD card (11,5 GB internal should be enough for my mp3's).

I've switch to the latest stock based NeatRom and stay there until this issue is resovled, but I miss the dashclock and DSP-Manager. Will this issue will be ever resolved? I cant't believe that bugs bugs are neglected in the develepment thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50067179&postcount=2379 ), but I'm now allowed to post there because of I've just registerd because of this issue. It would be great, if someone can make a statement that there are bugs. Either they should be fixed or the user should be informed that there are known issues with KitKat ROMs (that maybe cant't be resolved considering to this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2612329). I would suggest that a moderator make a sticky. I don't want to attack the developers for their hard and volenteer work, but make suggestions.

OT question: Is my assume right that stock based ROMs are the most reliable beacause they are best optimized for the hardware?

So enough questions and reproaches. I'm proud that so many developers care about our almost three years old device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, the music player getting stuck is a known issue with KK roms for now, but its a random one.

U can try moving all ur music files on to ur Internal Sdcard (11.5gb one) and then try and also check the above with the stock kernel :)