Time to look at cases for our infinity.

Search This thread

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Bobj Rubber Case

Ok here it is!
I think the Bobj is a good buy.

I feel much safer holding the tab it's very very sticky grippy in hand.
The rubber over the volume rocker makes pressing the button slightly more difficult.
All other ports are accessible.
It is a dust\grit\hair grabber though easily cleaned with a damp cloth.

Front.JPG

Back.JPG

Brick.JPG

Rated E = Excellent

Last edited:

adelancker

May 9, 2012
Antwerp
Ok here it is!
I think the Bobj is a good buy.

I feel much safer holding the tab it's very very sticky grippy in hand.
The rubber over the volume rocker makes pressing the button slightly more difficult.
All other ports are accessible.
It is a dust\grit\hair grabber though easily cleaned with a damp cloth.

Rated E = Excellent

Thanks for the tip (and the pictures!)

Could you maybe explain why they'd have the two open stips on the back? Looks pretty strange lol

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Yep :)

The case is meant to be bent back like below.
Never tried it and may not...it could be handy tho.
The case is a little tough to get on so I probably would seldom try popping it off.

TF700%20pic06%20GRN%20JPG.jpg

n8w

Sep 2, 2010
I recently got a little sleeve that's made for a HP Mini or something. Fit's a 10.2" device. Pretty rare as ipad cases are too small, and the next step is a 13" macbook.

Reactions: Thats OK

gfacin

Jul 12, 2012
Curitiba
Bobj or Gumdrop

Does anyone in the forum have experience w/ both Gumdrop and Bobj? Both follow the same style, but which would you guys recommend?

My Infinity will arrive today and it is Champagne - what color of those case models would match better my Tablet?

Thanks everyone.

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Does anyone in the forum have experience w/ both Gumdrop and Bobj? Both follow the same style, but which would you guys recommend?

My Infinity will arrive today and it is Champagne - what color of those case models would match better my Tablet?

Thanks everyone.

Welcome to the Infinity forum hope you will enjoy your new tab.

A few thoughts about the choice I made.
Almost bought the Gumdrop, yet when I started reading about the built in screen protector I decided against.
For me I didn't want to have to modify the Gumdrop to remove the built in cover.

The Bobj proved a very simple solution for me at under half the price.
As far as color it really won't matter because either case will hide the back and edges.

Kisakuku

Oct 31, 2011
HTC One (m7)
HTC EVO 3D

I have the Gumdrop case.

Pros -
- built very solidly,
- three-piece design with an internal hard polycarbonate skeleton (Bobj is one-piece soft case),
- very grippy texture,
- all ports have plugs (Bobj leaves ports exposed).

Cons -
- silicone layer picks up a lot of lint (Bobj probably does too),
- hard to clean because of the chunky texture (Bobj is probably easier to clean),
- requires a lot of force and quite a bit of time to put on and remove, so can't use with a dock on a regular basis (Bobj is also tight, but is designed to work with a dock by removing the lower part of the case),
- no built-in stand (Bobj lets you stand the tablet vertically if you bend back the lower part of the case),
- crappy built-in screen protector (can be removed pretty easily, Bobj doesn't have one),
- available in five colors (all of them black, Bobj available in 5 different colors),
- expensive (twice the price of Bobj).

For me I didn't want to have to modify the Gumdrop to remove the built in cover.

I see your point, but honestly, it's a very simple mod that can be done in under 20 mins. It just takes a little bit of persistence to clean up all the left-over glue with a piece of Scotch tape. However, earplugs are advised unless you enjoy the sound the tape makes when you rip it off.

Reactions: Thats OK

caseenBrandon

Jan 20, 2012
I like that case. I think ti may be the one I am buying for the TF700T. :)

=D. Thanks! We just released two new options for that case type as well dubbed the PERFECTO DUO.

Black / Red: http://www.caseen.com/caseen-PERFEC...nsformer-Infinity-TF700-and-TF700T_p_589.html

Gray / Dark Blue: http://www.caseen.com/caseen-PERFEC...nsformer-Infinity-TF700-and-TF700T_p_586.html

Thanks for all the great comments XDA members on our TF700 Infinity cases, you guys have been a great help. Definitely look forward to answering more XDA member's questions, and comments in the future. You guys have been awesome at answering questions before I get to them! GREAT!

n8w

Sep 2, 2010
ehatabyg.jpg
Do you have a link to where you bought it and is it any good?

I'm looking for a case that fits my 10.6" surface I use for work.

I got it at best buy. It does the trick for the t700 + dock. I could fit my nook in there too if needed. There's a nice little pocket on the front as well.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Soul TKR

Jun 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.wesvfx.com
Here's a few pictures of my new case and tablet :)

Amazon.com: Microsuede Professional Executive Deluxe Business Office Sleeve Cover with Zipper For ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity Tablet & Transformer Pad 300 Series & Eee Pad Transformer Prime: Computers & Accessories

I want to keep it protected when traveling, but like the naked feel when in use, so something that isn't too bulky.

It's a nice case with padding and slightly stiff. Perfect for pretty minimal bulk but good protection for transporting. I prefer my tablet naked when in use.

u5e4atu2.jpg

yma4y6yd.jpg

6umuty8u.jpg

borgmanjayce

Nov 13, 2007
=D. Thanks! We just released two new options for that case type as well dubbed the PERFECTO DUO.

Black / Red: http://www.caseen.com/caseen-PERFEC...nsformer-Infinity-TF700-and-TF700T_p_589.html

Gray / Dark Blue: http://www.caseen.com/caseen-PERFEC...nsformer-Infinity-TF700-and-TF700T_p_586.html

Thanks for all the great comments XDA members on our TF700 Infinity cases, you guys have been a great help. Definitely look forward to answering more XDA member's questions, and comments in the future. You guys have been awesome at answering questions before I get to them! GREAT!

Are these available to buy in stores in the UK or will they be available to buy through the likes of Amazon UK in the future? I'm planning on buying a Transformer Pad Infinity on Thursday when I get some money from the student funding people and this looks like just what I need, especially when playing music or watching a video without taking the device out of the case.

Last edited:

caseenBrandon

Jan 20, 2012
Are these available to buy in stores in the UK or will they be available to buy through the likes of Amazon UK in the future? I'm planning on buying a Transformer Pad Infinity on Thursday when I get some money from the student funding people and this looks like just what I need, especially when playing music or watching a video without taking the device out of the case.
Hi,

Amazon UK does have the PERFECTO case in stock through an authorized distributor: Tech-Case... here is the selection available: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=caseen+PERFECTO

Thanks!

Brandon

matdave

Feb 26, 2013

Black / Red:

Gray / Dark Blue:

I just got my Caseen PERFECTO-DUO, and it is stylish. It seems a little bulky, but it's great if you leave the keyboard on. I kind of want to get a slimmer case for times when I don't have the keyboard though.

Pro's are: it's really great material with nice stitching, it works with the keyboard dock, the dual colors are nice (match my backpack), and it feels like it's going to last

Con's are: it's a little bulkier than I expected, and it's a pain to get the font camera to line up with the hole (but I think it will get easier as the material adjusts)

Overall: I'd really recommend this to anyone who has the keyboard dock, and uses it. It's about the best quality you are going to get for under $50, and the case doesn't block any keyboard ports.

Last edited:
Reactions: caseenBrandon

caseenBrandon

Jan 20, 2012
Thanks for the reply!:good: Are there any differences between this one and the DUO version?

DUO is a dual color case, and the PERFECTO without the DUO are not =). Its purely stylistic!

Thanks for your interest, and of course your protected by Amazon's amazing return policy if you order through Tech-Case over there!

The Targus Truss case is an awesome case as well!! I bought it around February or March of 2012 for my Asus Prime. Then I purchased the Infinity shortly after it was released, and the Truss case works with my Infinity just perfect as well! I've now had this case for close to a year, and it still looks just as good as the day I purchased it! The black leather exterior is really nice, as is the microsuede type material that is used on the inside. Allows for the tablet to be propped up at various angles, so it fits whatever viewing or typing angle you need. I highly recommend this case for its high quality of materials, the multifunction uses, and the awesome durability of it! Best Buy carries the case, so you can but it there and try it out to see how you like it, and return it if for some reason you aren't satisfied with it. I'm sure it can be bought online as well, for a cheaper price. Purchasing at Best Buy though allows you to easily return it for any reason. You could even buy it at Best Buy, and if you decide this is the case for you then you can buy it online for a lower price and then return the original to Best Buy to save a few dollars. I myself am happy with the price I paid at Best Buy. In my opinion you won't find a case of this quality from another manufacturer. If you have a Best Buy near you, then stop in and check it out in person. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with this case!

Sent from my White Evo LTE running MeanBean, using XDA Premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 TF700T Rotating Cover Leather Case Skin Review

It's here!!!

n7ENb.jpg

Overall I am very happy with it. It's a decent shell that cradles the unit with a "leather" that wraps around that. I don't know how
    genuine any of these materials are but they seem fine.

DsRnI.jpg

qhZfL.jpg

gOfjt.jpg

The ring in the middle seems to be where all the magic happens. It spins very easily.
    In response to rndmnss's concern over the ring scratching the back of the infinity I spun my
    infinity around in this thing like a propeller for a bit and after taking it out I couldn't see any
    scratches, BUT the way the back of the infinity is polished (those circular patterns) I'm not sure
    I would've been able to tell if it was scratching it. I to a picture with a playing card against the ring
    to show just how close it really is. If I was really concerned about it scratching I would file just a
    little off of the ring. There is enough there it shouldn't mess with functionality to lose a little.
    The only problem i had was when using the case as a stand once it sat a little crooked after
    looking around i seen that the back hadn't rotated completely. It was an easy adjustment and
    hasn't happened since.

ySt4E.jpg

I wasn't sure about the edges at first. They look like they were melted to the right size but they
    seem to grab the four corners just fine.

UwTp2.jpg

QDYjY.jpg

LTP1l.jpg

The cutouts are good everywhere for me. Volume and Power buttons seemed weird at first but
    thats just because i was so use to them with no case. Camera also seems pretty protected.

1C3Ee.jpg

HpLpL.jpg

pQIo0.jpg

There are only two positional grooves in the microfiber instead of three on most. Another one or two
    would have been nice for versatility but these work just fine in both portrait and landscape orientations.

The thickness of it also works well. Feels slim yet thick enough that there is plenty to hold on to.

xWClI.jpg

The case fits tight enough that there is NO room inside i would feel comfortable squeezing a stylus into
    it but there is plenty of room to slide the clip on the stylus in the edge. I bend the clip so it would fit
    more to my liking (not to hard or soft).

kqzKY.jpg

Spinning it 180 degrees and closing works great for charging. Without a dock to test with I'm not sure
    if there is enough room to plug it into one when in this position.

X0FXK.jpg

Overall I really love it (especially for $15). Once I get a keyboard dock I will need to look at some other
    options but this would still be great for when not using the dock and it comes in and out of the case easy
    enough you could swap between this another case without any trouble.

This is the listing I used
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/160888793528?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
    Bought it on 10/04 and it arrived on 10/12

Hope this helps.
    I like that the part is well covered, for me its the same typing with or without the case.
    You might have to do some modifying or something with this one. Looking at the reviews, it is too small for the Infinity. It was originally a Prime case and they, like many other accessory sellers, just tagged the Infinity name to it.

People should be buying cases that are made exactly for the Infinity TF700 as Alithea is saying. We have been waiting patiently at caseen for our cases for the TF700 to arrive [ *shameless* Arriving this week, now taking pre-orders btw :) ]

We made a video explaining the differences of the TF300, TF700, TF201 in clear detail [and why you can't use TF201/TF300 cases on TF700 unless modifications are made in design]. Posted below:

Hope this helps anyone with their search! Our new case has a unique elegant strap that covers the charger port when not in use. Take a look here: http://www.caseen.com/Transformer-Pad-Infinity-TF700_c_49.html

Brandon
    caseen Services
    I'm using the TranSleeve designed for the Prime (TF201), it fits well and is actually pretty cool. You have a few "standing" options (movies / typing) etc.
    There is TranSleeve Dual coming, which is supposed to cover the Infinity with or without the dock, but it's hard to tell when it's going to be available in Europe.

I got the TranSleeve Dual while I thought I was getting the regular TranSleeve. The Dual one is pretty much useless without a dock.

Sure, you can prop the thing up similar to the regular sleeve, but it feels bulky, and since the tablet is only held in place in the sleeve by silicone stripes (or whatever they are) at the sides, it tends to just slide out of the sleeve. The actual propping up also feels bulky since it's supposed to fit the dock as well and wrap around both when you close them together. Suffice to say, I'm returning it since it's useless to me without the dock.
    Can it easily be used without the dock? I have a feeling I won't always want to carry it around...

Yes without the dock its a normal Tablet, i like the dock when i type a lot, or for the extra power.
    Further you need the dock when you would like to sync to youre home pc.
    I sync a lot between my MS Outlook and contacts. /i don't know if you can sync wireless...