[CLOSED][APP] tinyCAM 0.9.1 - Transform your PDA into Network Camera [10/11/2009]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

w3t

Mar 1, 2009
Geneva
www.webcamxp.com
Welcome to tinyCAM :)

The idea is to use the integrated camera and be able to connect using the web browser of another computer/pda to remotely monitor what is being captured in real-time so exactly what a network camera does excepted that you don't need any cable at all, not even a power cable...

I made the reverse project some time ago (webcamXP Mobile) allowing to view your network cameras on your PDA and this one seemed quite interesting too...

I wasn't able to be able to act as a Web Server while on operator network (gprs, edge, ...) and only got it to work over WiFi network. It seems to work for some people but most operators are blocking the fact to act as server...

Anyway, you can still use the Motion Detector + FTP upload feature in order to send the captured images to any ftp server.

Here are some screenshots:

PDA UI / Web page in browser:
tinyCAMUI.JPG
tinyCAMWebServer.JPG

Pre-requisites:
You need .NET Compact Framework 3.5 and a device with integrated camera.

Informations:

The default username/password to access the web server : admin/admin. You can disable authentication by setting no user name in the settings.

Setting the wifi configuration of your device on "Max Performances" might reduce the autonomy but also seems to have a significant impact on frame rate. I'm able to get up to 4-5 fps with tinyCAM 0.8.7 which is already over my initial performances expectations because i think it's the max speed at which it's possible to capture images from the camera (on Touch HD at least).

webcamXP (for Windows) is now supporting tinyCAM as a network capture device so you can use the free version for more advanced features and to capture the stream. If you want to use webcamXP Mobile from another PDA it's also possible just select the webcamXP template, i'm using the same file names.

History:
0.8.0b :
Repacked with OpenNetCF

0.8.5 :
Added basic authentication (password protection) support
All settings can be edited from the application

0.8.7 :
Fixed FTP Password setting not properly saved
Fixed Authentication not working in every browsers
Fixed Check Internet connection was not working
Added Overlay features (Time, Battery, Temperature)
Added Informations on Webpage (Time, Battery, Temperature,Uptime,Images requested,Kb transferred)
HTTP Authentication can be disabled (Set an empty username in settings)
Performances improvements

0.8.8 :
Fixed motion sensivity adjustment not working / not saved
Added possibility to select resolution (seems not working on most HTC due to incomplete directshow support)
Possible to view images captured by motion detector through browser

0.9.0 :
The motion detector is a bit more sensible as it wasn't detecting much
Possible to customize upload filename (and set a fixed filename for all uploads)
Possible to set a fixed ftp upload interval (without motion detector)
Bigger preview
Fixed software not exiting properly
Fixed Time and temperature settings were mixed
Updated to manalia sdk 2.1

0.9.1 :
Fixed resolution selection might crash application
Saving status of webserver / motion detector / ftp upload on application exit

Mod edit: Broken DL link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: wepbep and VaderSKN

avengerpenguin

Jan 31, 2005
Bristol
I am getting the following error when trying to start on my touch hd and athena, the athena is running netcf3.7

Error:
File or assembly name 'OpenNETCF.Windows.forms, version 2.3.0.21, culture=neutral etc etc

Is this because of netcf3.7? I would have thought that 3.7 would have been compatible with 3.5?

Samip430

Dec 20, 2008
I am getting the following error when trying to start on my touch hd and athena, the athena is running netcf3.7

Error:
File or assembly name 'OpenNETCF.Windows.forms, version 2.3.0.21, culture=neutral etc etc

Is this because of netcf3.7? I would have thought that 3.7 would have been compatible with 3.5?

Same on Touch Pro

GeLopez

Feb 4, 2008
dallas

Error:

same on titan running net3.7

a33a

Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Yes Slight problem

This is the error I get (copied by hand!)

tinyCAM.exe
MissingMethodException
File Or Assembly name
'OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms,
Version=2.3.0.21, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=E60DBEA84BB431B7', or
one of its dependencies, was not found.

The Phone is a P3700 DIAM100 (Touch Diamond) running Windows 6.5.1 beta (BsB6.5.1C) so probably NetCF 3.7?

sxtheone

Jan 20, 2008
very nice. would be nicer if options like audio alarm, send captured image by mms, send alert msg by sms, call pre-defined phone number, are available when motion is detected.

thanks.

njbreaker

Feb 1, 2008
Error

Error:

Same on TP2

Edit: works w/ the upgrade on 10/21/09

Last edited:

bugsykoosh

Jun 16, 2007
i tested this on my old 8525 with .Net 3.5 installed (not 3.7) and I got the same error message.

w3t

Mar 1, 2009
Geneva
www.webcamxp.com
I'll repack it with the missing opennetcf dll.

i've tested on 2 devices and it seemed not required but i wasn't sure.

beside this .net cf 3.7 is ok, it's what i use...

aDEO

Jul 28, 2007
Bruxelles
www.adeo.hit.bg
Excellent project! Perfectly works!

If this will help, the missing libraries are:
Code:
OpenNETCF.dll
OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.dll
OpenNETCF.Net.dll

Best regards,
aDEO

Dtrieb

Mar 28, 2008
@home
mobil.schlapa.net
Nice App, if you add some options it would be great:

Like:
  • Make a shot every x sec, min,
  • Preview button
  • Only the last picture store on the mobile
  • Input a clock (timestamp) in the shot
  • Update check (AppToDate p.e.)

Last edited:

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
Amazing idea for a project, I'll definitely be following this one.

Cheapest wifi IP cameras are like 75 bucks or more. Seems like a great use for my Diamond when I finally get around to retiring it.

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
i tried to change the port, and it didn't work.
also u must have a password protected thing, or else anyone could see it from the web :)

nice job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to tinyCAM :)

The idea is to use the integrated camera and be able to connect using the web browser of another computer/pda to remotely monitor what is being captured in real-time so exactly what a network camera does excepted that you don't need any cable at all, not even a power cable...

I made the reverse project some time ago (webcamXP Mobile) allowing to view your network cameras on your PDA and this one seemed quite interesting too...

I wasn't able to be able to act as a Web Server while on operator network (gprs, edge, ...) and only got it to work over WiFi network. It seems to work for some people but most operators are blocking the fact to act as server...

Anyway, you can still use the Motion Detector + FTP upload feature in order to send the captured images to any ftp server.

Here are some screenshots:

PDA UI / Web page in browser:
    tinyCAMUI.JPG
    tinyCAMWebServer.JPG

Pre-requisites:
    You need .NET Compact Framework 3.5 and a device with integrated camera.

Informations:

The default username/password to access the web server : admin/admin. You can disable authentication by setting no user name in the settings.

Setting the wifi configuration of your device on "Max Performances" might reduce the autonomy but also seems to have a significant impact on frame rate. I'm able to get up to 4-5 fps with tinyCAM 0.8.7 which is already over my initial performances expectations because i think it's the max speed at which it's possible to capture images from the camera (on Touch HD at least).

webcamXP (for Windows) is now supporting tinyCAM as a network capture device so you can use the free version for more advanced features and to capture the stream. If you want to use webcamXP Mobile from another PDA it's also possible just select the webcamXP template, i'm using the same file names.

History:
    0.8.0b :
    Repacked with OpenNetCF

0.8.5 :
    Added basic authentication (password protection) support
    All settings can be edited from the application

0.8.7 :
    Fixed FTP Password setting not properly saved
    Fixed Authentication not working in every browsers
    Fixed Check Internet connection was not working
    Added Overlay features (Time, Battery, Temperature)
    Added Informations on Webpage (Time, Battery, Temperature,Uptime,Images requested,Kb transferred)
    HTTP Authentication can be disabled (Set an empty username in settings)
    Performances improvements

0.8.8 :
    Fixed motion sensivity adjustment not working / not saved
    Added possibility to select resolution (seems not working on most HTC due to incomplete directshow support)
    Possible to view images captured by motion detector through browser

0.9.0 :
    The motion detector is a bit more sensible as it wasn't detecting much
    Possible to customize upload filename (and set a fixed filename for all uploads)
    Possible to set a fixed ftp upload interval (without motion detector)
    Bigger preview
    Fixed software not exiting properly
    Fixed Time and temperature settings were mixed
    Updated to manalia sdk 2.1

0.9.1 :
    Fixed resolution selection might crash application
    Saving status of webserver / motion detector / ftp upload on application exit

Mod edit: Broken DL link removed.
    I do!

I've attached the file, and also placed it in my public Dropbox folder:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24159011/tinyCAM.CAB

I'm fairly certain that the source was never released though...
    And that's a real shame, as this is probably the best use of old WM devices!
    Hi,
    Can anyone send me the cab for this app, I had it running on one ofmy old phones a while ago but removed it at the time and would like to reinstall it but cant find the cab and the download on the front page seems to be down.
    Please PM Me for my email address.
    Many thanks
    You are a real lazy guy! :rolleyes:
    http://tinyurl.com/3bdpoa9