[MOD] Rosie Remap - Sense 2.1

Search This thread

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
Currently tested and working on VillainROM 12 and another Sense ROM. Therefore it should work on any official 2.1 Sense ROM, but don't blame me if it doesn't.

These mods remap the right hand Rosie button to other apps. In the example screen shots you can see the Camera has been mapped. In theory I should be able to assign many other apps to this right hand button (and possibly the left and middle buttons) but for now this is a good start.

I have to give credit to hawst, who you can find over on xda here. He provided me the code for the mod and helped me along the way.

There are two varieties of the mod, one for the default Sense UI and then one for my Rosie Theme, both of which can be seen below.

The mods are all in MetaMorph format so there's less impact on your current configuration as it only replaces the classes.dex and a couple of .png images.

To install download MetaMorph from the Market (Free) and apply :)

Stock-Rosie-Camera.png
Themed-Rosie-Camera.png

DOWNLOAD LINKS

CAMERA
Camera.png

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

CONTACTS
People.png

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

MARKET
Market.png

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

DEFAULT - For returning to the default mapping
Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

Last edited:
Reactions: GZFan

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
Great job! ;)

Do you think you can create a version where right button gets people?

Thanks

Shouldn't be a problem. Let me see what I can do :)

Okay Cyberon... try these. They are in MetaMorph format, so download that from the Market (Free) and apply.

I have tested the Themed one for 'My Theme', but not the Stock one, but should be fine.

I will update the main post when I get a chance :)

EDIT: See first post for new links.

Last edited:

captainstu72

Dec 17, 2009
Currently tested and working on VillainROM 12 and another Sense ROM. Therefore it should work on any official 2.1 Sense ROM, but don't blame me if it doesn't.

These mods remap the right hand Rosie button to other apps. In the example screen shots you can see the Camera has been mapped. In theory I should be able to assign many other apps to this right hand button (and possibly the left and middle buttons) but for now this is a good start.

I have to give credit to hawst, who you can find over on xda here. He provided me the code for the mod and helped me along the way.

There are two varieties of the mod, one for the default Sense UI and then one for my Rosie Theme, both of which can be seen below.

The mods are all in MetaMorph format so there's less impact on your current configuration as it only replaces the classes.dex and a couple of .png images.

Stock-Rosie-Camera.png
Themed-Rosie-Camera.png

DOWNLOAD LINKS

CAMERA
Camera.png

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

CONTACTS
People.png

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

MARKET
Market.png

Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie

DEFAULT - For returning to the default mapping
Stock Rosie
Themed Rosie
jpool81: Thanks for the awesome mod - I flashed back to VillainRom12 over the weekend on my hero and this was a godsend!

I have one issue though - I have tried flashing the camera zip for stock rosie, and it seems to have an issue - it has teh camera icon, but it acts like the contacts code.

Not sure if I was being special, but I did try it from a backup I had before flashing the contacts one as well, and got the same result.

(not that is an issue for me, as I want to use contacts really, but thought I should let you know - if it is something you think I have done wrong just let me know!)

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
jpool81: Thanks for the awesome mod - I flashed back to VillainRom12 over the weekend on my hero and this was a godsend!

I have one issue though - I have tried flashing the camera zip for stock rosie, and it seems to have an issue - it has teh camera icon, but it acts like the contacts code.

Not sure if I was being special, but I did try it from a backup I had before flashing the contacts one as well, and got the same result.

(not that is an issue for me, as I want to use contacts really, but thought I should let you know - if it is something you think I have done wrong just let me know!)

Ah, my bad. I had compiled the right file but not put it in the zip. Will correct as soon as poss and let you know when It's done.

I have tested the others and they are all okay, so it's just the Camera at the mo.

Also, you mentioned flashing the zip, I have updated them all now to be MetaMorph's :)

EDIT: Main post updated with the corrected files for the Camera.

Last edited:

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
Is it possible to make it for HTC Desire with Sense 2.2 ?

Hmmm, I'm sure it's possible and I could give it a go, only I don't have a Desire to test it on :( but in theory it should be a similar mod. I am surprised no one over in the Desire forum has done this. What ROM are you using? I'll try and whip something for you.

standal.10

Jul 18, 2010
ZTE Axon 7
That will be great. I use leedroid 2.2d ROM and if I could have a wish, can you make a SIM toolkit button? If not camera button will be great too.
And one more qestion, can you make a tutorial how to change these buttons? If it is not too hard.

Last edited:

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
That will be great. I use leedroid 2.2d ROM and if I could have a wish, can you make a SIM toolkit button? If not camera button will be great too.
And one more qestion, can you make a tutorial how to change these buttons? If it is not too hard.

Ok, will create the mod, post and PM you when It's done. If all goes well I'll try and write up a guide for it.

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
Ok, will create the mod, post and PM you when It's done. If all goes well I'll try and write up a guide for it.

@standal.10 - Okay try this... see attached. Please do a nandroid and let me know how it goes.

EDIT: Attachment removed as did not work on the Desire. Re-trying...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stock-Rosie-Camera.png
    Themed-Rosie-Camera.png

DOWNLOAD LINKS

CAMERA
    Camera.png

Stock Rosie
    Themed Rosie

CONTACTS
    People.png

Stock Rosie
    Themed Rosie

MARKET