APN settings for Smart/Globe in the philippines?

Search This thread

ThR1LL

Apr 8, 2009
Houston, TX
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I thought it would be better than making a new one. Well then let's get to my story

I've recently moved here to the Philippines for school(actually I moved yesterday) and I brought my G1 with me which I got unlocked from T-Mobile. I have a Globe SIM card now but it seems like the 3G antennae won't work and the icon won't even show up. It's like as if my APN was disabled by APNdroid but it's not and I can turn it on and off with APNdroid but still no 3G/EDGE icon. I'm running cyanogen 4.2.15.1 and using that upgraded radio found on this forum if that helps any. Could someone help me connect to the internet here in the Philippines with a Globe SIM card on a G1? BTW I'm in Dumaguete.

ahinz02

Mar 21, 2010
>internet here in the Philippines with a Globe SIM card on a G1?
>
Hello,

I was just using it for the first time here.

Here is what I did:

Menu -> Settings -> Wireless controls -> Mobile networks -> Uncheck .. only 2G .. -> Access Point Names -> Menu -> New APN

Name: Globe inet
APN: http.globe.com.ph
User name: none
Password: none

Click Back button

Now, in order to disable this so any service on the phone will not connect without knowledge, I created a dummy APN with

Name: none
APN: none

Select the dummy when you are done with your internet usage.

As for Smart, I think you need:

APN: internet
Username: leave blank
Password: leave blank

or else try with none / none

You can also check a friends Nokia (and probably others) phone settings for APN settings and duplicate them.

Last edited:

ahinz02

Mar 21, 2010
Yes, there is 3G most places, and 3.5G in and around most cities.
Both Smart and Globe have good coverage, but Sun is mostly Manila / Luzon based regarding 3G and 3.5G.

Sun has awesome 3G / 3.5G unlimited internet. Both in speed and price.

If my DSL fails or I am not at home, I use Globe. Only if that is too slow, I try Smart.

It all depends on the carriers coverage in our area, of course.

robert.vienna

Mar 14, 2007
For my android lg p500 optimus one with globe tatoo prepaid works perfect

Name: myglobe internet
Apn: http.globe.com.ph
Authentification: pap or chap
All other fields blank except default for
Mcc: 515
Mnc: 02

Difference globe and smart:
Min 15 min. (Smart 30)
Hsdpa in hotel room manila (h2o), smart no net

Robert

Last edited:

jazua

May 6, 2008
For my android lg p500 optimus one with globe tatoo prepaid works perfect

Difference globe and smart:
Min 15 min. (Smart 30)
Hsdpa in hotel room manila (h2o), smart no net

Robert

Can you send mms with this settings..?
have you tried testing the speed using speedtest?

xriel

Mar 16, 2011
3g network for xperia x10i

does anyone know how to open a 3g connection? i bought my phone in taiwan.. but when i came back here in the philippines, i dont even have any 3g network ..
my phone is SE xperia x10i running on 2.1 .. tnx a lot.. any help wud be highly appreciated;)

eiblew

Dec 10, 2010
Makati City
Does philippines have a 3G network? I can't seem to get any...

yes, there is a 3G Network here in the Phils. (surprisingly so)
you just have to create an APN with the correct proxy settings, and voila! you now have 3G Network reception. just make sure that you've set up a dummy APN so the open 3G won't eat up credits while you're not using it.

Explore3

Mar 6, 2011
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 7 Pro
yes, there is a 3G Network here in the Phils. (surprisingly so)
you just have to create an APN with the correct proxy settings, and voila! you now have 3G Network reception. just make sure that you've set up a dummy APN so the open 3G won't eat up credits while you're not using it.
My plan was to disable data under settings and use 2G only to save battery. Any additional benefit to using a fake apn?

Snaproo

Jun 14, 2011
help

I've wasted so much load on trying to get the internet to work on my HTC Desire S.

Does anyone know the proper settings?

I've tried all the stuff that was given to me online and i can't figure out the problem.

HElp Help

lockzackary

Jan 24, 2011
San Pedro
I've wasted so much load on trying to get the internet to work on my HTC Desire S.

Does anyone know the proper settings?

I've tried all the stuff that was given to me online and i can't figure out the problem.

HElp Help
hi there, the settings above have posted the correct values already
and here are some guidelines:

(you can actually put any name here, as this is just an identifier for the APN setting for your phone, much like how you can rename your Local Area Network on windows)

(take note its a <dot> that succeeds http and not a <://> remember this is not a protocol but an access point name)

(there is a "pap or chap" option, this does not mean choose any between "Pap" or "Chap", as the former means both)

APN type: internet (please select this explicitly, its labeled "internet")

Explore3

Mar 6, 2011
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Happen to be in the USA at the moment and have not gone to sleep yet. :(

Here is the info I had saved. I believe it matches the other post. you might see if you can set up internet using another carrier, just to verify that the problem is not elsewhere in your phone settings or a hardware problem.

APN Settings for Globe
Postpaid APN: internet.globe.com.ph
Prepaid APN: http.globe.com.ph

Prepaid APN setup 2: http.globe.com.ph

APN Settings for Smart Bro
Postpaid APN: smartbro
Prepaid APN: smartbro

APN Settings for Smart Buddy, Smart Gold
APN: internet

APN Settings for Sun Cellular
Prepaid
APN (static): minternet
Authentication: PAP
IP address: dynamic

Postpaid
APN (static): fbband
Authentication: PAP
IP address: dynamic

APN Settings for PLDT WeRoam
Postpaid: WEROAMPLAN

PS A good source for APN's in general is http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/wiki/APNlist

PPS If you are in a location with a large mall, you could go the globe, smart or sun location and ask. Once you have one internet setup the second apn is not a big deal. You do have settings/mobile network settings/data enabled and settings/mobile network settings/2g only unchecked correct?

Last edited:

Snaproo

Jun 14, 2011
If it doesn't work does that mean the phone is messed up? WiFi works on the phone and everything else is fine. Just I can't seem to get any connection with my supersurf50..

Thanks

Explore3

Mar 6, 2011
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 7 Pro
If it doesn't work does that mean the phone is messed up? WiFi works on the phone and everything else is fine. Just I can't seem to get any connection with my supersurf50..

Thanks
My guess is that it is some setting in your phone.

Are you connecting to the internet but they are charging you incorrectly? Have you confirmed that you are signed up?

SUPERSURF STATUS and send to 8888

Snaproo

Jun 14, 2011
My guess is that it is some setting in your phone.

Are you connecting to the internet but they are charging you incorrectly? Have you confirmed that you are signed up?

SUPERSURF STATUS and send to 8888

it says i am currently registered to supersurf.

i reset to default. its the postpaid apn.. and went in to edit it again.. but no E, G or H symbol next to the network connection icon...

ahh headache.

Explore3

Mar 6, 2011
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 7 Pro

i reset to default. its the postpaid apn.. and went in to edit it again.. but no E, G or H symbol next to the network connection icon...

ahh headache.
Have you played around with these settings:

settings/mobile network settings/data enabled
settings/mobile network settings/2g (you want this off when you want data access)
settings/mobile network settings/network mode (see what happens when you choose WCDMA only, this would at least show that you have a 3G signal, try a different location)

Good luck!

PS I do not have an HTC Dream, so I do not know if there are any phone specific settings that you can do.

PPS I hate to ask the question, have you verified that this phone operates on the 3G frequency (2100Mhz) used in the Philippines?

Last edited:

lockzackary

Jan 24, 2011
San Pedro

ahh headache.

i had this issue last month
where it says i am registered to supersurf but even when i say supersurf stop
it still persists

turns out the supersurf promo is no longer active
and only power surf is now offered

i wonder why the supersurf is still not considered as an invalid keyword for 8888 service number
darn globe, they should be reprimanded again for this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sorry to revive this thread (it's still fairly new imo *wink) but i'd just like to share my story for other Globe Telecom Android users...

if you're having problems setting up 3G even though you know for sure that you've got the right APN settings, your SIM card may not be 3G ready.

what do I mean?

apparently, while i've scoured the net for guides on the proper apn settings to get my 3G working, all the info were the same. but to no avail, still the 3G network of globe was refusing to give me a signal. so yesterday i went to their service center. there they told me that my sim was too old (think pre-Tattoo) and that they could offer a sim upgrade (clone my number to a newer sim) for 50 pesos. and POOF! my 3G now works.

on a side note, if you would like to acquire APN settings easier, sending GO to 2951 is easier and is likely to work 100% compared to typing them manually copying from some source on the net.

also, i am not sure if this can also apply for other Philippine networks such as smart and sun.