Galaxy SII GT-I9100 G Q&A

Search This thread

tba77

Jan 16, 2012
La Marsa
i was flashing a pa rom 3.0 by black prince on my phone.but after reboot my phone got stucked at samsung logo.
now i am not able to go into recovery mode.plzz help what should i do.:crying:

You sould be able to go to download mode when the phone keep on the samsung logo try to remove your battery and plug it again then try to go to download mode as usual it should work.

Feb 25, 2011
Is the Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 the same Galaxy S II model offered by Virgin Mobile?

If so I can flash the ROMs currently on this forum on the Virgin model correct?

tba77

Jan 16, 2012
La Marsa
Is the Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 the same Galaxy S II model offered by Virgin Mobile?

If so I can flash the ROMs currently on this forum on the Virgin model correct?

there are different models I9100 and I9100G be sur that your phone is the I9100G model to be able to flash ROMs on this section Galaxy S II I9100G Android Development, if it's not a I9100G model but just I9100 go to Galaxy S II I9100 Android Development. If you flash a ROMs developed for G version on the international one you'll soft brick your phone

Reactions: 10069618

aman bansal

Dec 29, 2012
Problem with restoring my nandroid backup.
When I restored my nandroid backup all my apps are not restored and also SUPERSU was not there.
After reboot many other apps got deleted like YouTube, maps.
I used online nandroid backup app.

Sent from my GT-i9100G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

aman bansal

Dec 29, 2012
Since i updated my phone to ics my phone is having vibration problems.
Many times vibration Stops after reboot.
Then after rebooting it again 1-2 times vibration comes back.
Any suggestion plzz..
Presently using pa 2.99 rom

Sent from my GT-i9100G using Tapatalk 2

shaeshi

Nov 28, 2011
crackling sound

i need anyone help on this, after i flash xloud and braving engine my phone started to give cracling sound, i already uninstall back the zip but the crackling sounds still there. can any one help me to resolve this issue. pls.

zzerozzero1

Jul 28, 2012
Any reason not to buy this phone ? Major bugs ?

Hi there,

I am planning on buying a used 9100G for 200EUR / 260USD and flashing CM10 or CM10.1 .

Are there any major bugs that I am not aware, like Bluetooth not working, not pairing with car, horrible voice call quality, etc ... ?

Right now, i have CM10.1 i9000. But the missing flash and the bad camera annoys me so much.
I need something that runs quite stable and reliably and has a better battery and more space than the Nexus4.

Thanks for your comments

fauzi_91

Nov 11, 2011
B.B.Bangi
Hi there,

I am planning on buying a used 9100G for 200EUR / 260USD and flashing CM10 or CM10.1 .

Are there any major bugs that I am not aware, like Bluetooth not working, not pairing with car, horrible voice call quality, etc ... ?

Right now, i have CM10.1 i9000. But the missing flash and the bad camera annoys me so much.
I need something that runs quite stable and reliably and has a better battery and more space than the Nexus4.

Thanks for your comments

CM does not support video call..the rest u can find in "known issues" on the CM thread..:)

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

zzerozzero1

Jul 28, 2012
CM does not support video call..the rest u can find in "known issues" on the CM thread..:)

Thanks for your reply.
I am aware of teamhacksung's known issues page. But I am not sure how complete it is. And they don't write things like "battery life just half of stock" or sound "Bluetooth audio crackling cash register " . That's why I was wondering, if people who use this phone on a day to day basis, got annoyed by something.

Thanks for your reply.
I am aware of teamhacksung's known issues page. But I am not sure how complete it is. And they don't write things like "battery life just half of stock" or sound "Bluetooth audio crackling cash register " . That's why I was wondering, if people who use this phone on a day to day basis, got annoyed by something.

Battery life is individual in each phone mate. You can't say anything related to battery because almost always isn't related to ROM.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

taobulusu

Apr 29, 2012
can anyone help me build a flashable font zip? replacing n setting the permissions every time i flash a new nightly is tiring lol. if anyone can, i will upload the fonts. thanks!

allenultra

Mar 10, 2010
Ipoh, Malaysia
My colleague is using a i9100g and i'm not sure how to help him to flash into the latest jellybean release.

I have tried to update his phone from gingerbread into ICS/Jellybean through OTA but somehow the update fail. I soft bricked the phone but somehow able to overcome it by flashing stock GB 2.3.6 rom from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1619571

Now I just wonder the safest method to root the phone and so that I can flash the official jellybean XXLSR safely into the phone, as the root method mentioned all for ICS/Jellybean based ROM.

I did try flash the custom kernel superatmos kernel into the GB rom but somehow the CWM is working weirdly. I could not go into "apply update from external storage" when I press the power button, from the source in the link below.
http://www.androidauthority.com/gal...d-2-3-6-root-clockworkmod-recovery-cwm-92295/

p/s : I will try another method, flash the latest official firmware using ODIN, and see if I can root from there.

Last edited:

iXanza

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My colleague is using a i9100g and i'm not sure how to help him to flash into the latest jellybean release.

I have tried to update his phone from gingerbread into ICS/Jellybean through OTA but somehow the update fail. I soft bricked the phone but somehow able to overcome it by flashing stock GB 2.3.6 rom from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1619571

Now I just wonder the safest method to root the phone and so that I can flash the official jellybean XXLSR safely into the phone, as the root method mentioned all for ICS/Jellybean based ROM.

I did try flash the custom kernel superatmos kernel into the GB rom but somehow the CWM is working weirdly. I could not go into "apply update from external storage" when I press the power button, from the source in the link below.
http://www.androidauthority.com/gal...d-2-3-6-root-clockworkmod-recovery-cwm-92295/

p/s : I will try another method, flash the latest official firmware using ODIN, and see if I can root from there.

You could download the jellybean firmware from sammobile and flash it through Odin. Its way faster than using kies.

shkamz

Dec 26, 2012
Anyone know how to make adb command working in cmd?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

aman bansal

Dec 29, 2012
There has been a issue of vibration in my phone since I upgraded to ics..
My phone vibration stops after a reboot.
Then after taking out battery vibration comes back...
Is this a common problem in this phone?
Any solutions?
Presently using pacman rom...

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post all your general Q/A Here Dont spam the thread ;)
    Please Help,
    I have a Bricked I9100g. It is totally dead. it seems that it's called Sleep Cpu Mode.
    Can any Box / JTAG Repair my phone?
    What is the solution?:(

have you flashed any rom??
    Actually if you used the app by Chainfire, it does report our chipset as faulty...but so far none bricked their phones because of this...and since codeworkx already disabled MMC cap erase in his CWM kernel (other devs did the same), so it is perfectly safe to factory reset using those kernels...but it is different for temporary CWM as the source is unknown...better to use permanent CWM...:)
    Sup guys
    Recently purchased galaxy s2 i9100g upgraded to jb n I have rooted it.
    No I just wanted to know which custom rom should I use n noob guide plz :)
    Fast n stable.
    Thanks in advance

xda rocks :p

Hey. It's really a matter of choice which ROM. You decide to go with. I can't tell you which would be the best for you, but I can tell you which ones I like.

First of all there is MIUI v5 android 4.1. It's polished and beautiful. And is based on stock samsung ROM. It's quite good but, in my experience' unfortunately less responsive than android 4.2 ROMs.

Secondly there is Cyanogenmod. it is Rock stable and very fast. Most of the other ROMs are either based on this ROM or at least use a part of it. It has the most number of users globally.

And finally there is PAC (parandroid - AOKP - Cyanogenmod). It's a mash up of all the best ROMs. It's fast and filled with more features than you can figure out in a day.

My opinion, keep things simple for the first time you flash aROM. Go with cyanogenmod. But don't install the new 4.3 ROMs. They are mostly in beta stages right now.

There are a lot more ROMs that i haven't tried. And these three are the ones i like.

Noob guide:
    1. Download the ROM u want.
    2. DOWNLOAD the Gapps (Google Apps)
    Put them into the sd cart of your phone.
    3. Turn your phone off.
    4. Boot into recovery mode.( hold volume up + home button and then power button for some seconds and then release)
    5. Take a back up (optional)
    6. Factory reset
    7 wipe cache
    8 go to advanced - wipe dalvik cache
    9 install zip from sd card - choose zip (it goes into a file system mod where you can see your files and find the zip you want to install)
    10 INstall the ROM
    11 install Gapps
    12 factory reset - wipe cache - wipe dalvik cache
    13 reboot phone

Usually the first booting takes a little bit more time. Wait for it.

Note:
    First, make sure to read the installing instructions for each ROM at the first of the ROM thread. Read as many pages of the thread as you can to find everything you want to know.

P.s: there are hundreds of better guides on line. Next time you need something just simply google it. It's probably already out there. And remember, rom choosing is highly personal. So try the Rom, don't ask questions about it.

Good luck
    how can i open the lcd-menu?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

*#0*# for lcd menu ;-)