[Q] Cyanogenmod 10 ROM welcome screen freezing

Search This thread

ratijs100

Mar 9, 2014
Hello,

I wanted to have newer android and have rooted and flashed HTC Amaze with Hasoons toolkit using TWRP recovery system. After flashing Cyanogenmod 10 ROM through ADB Sideload and flashing Cyanogenmod 10 ROM kernel (boot.img file which was included in the zipped folder) manually with Hasoons toolkit, the phone started to boot normally, load welcome screen, but after several seconds it freezes and then restarts. Can you please help what can be the cause of this problem and how can I repair? The phone is rooted and bootloader unlocked, but its still S-ON.

Before installing the Cyanogenmod I have tried to flash other ROMs, but on all of them after flashing kernel, the phone was freezing on booting mode and then just restarting continuously.

I hope there should be some way out and the phone is not bricked. If something I have backed up the data and will try to restore, but would prefer to repair Cyanogenmod ROM.

Thank you guys in advance for your help.

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
Hello,

I wanted to have newer android and have rooted and flashed HTC Amaze with Hasoons toolkit using TWRP recovery system. After flashing Cyanogenmod 10 ROM through ADB Sideload and flashing Cyanogenmod 10 ROM kernel (boot.img file which was included in the zipped folder) manually with Hasoons toolkit, the phone started to boot normally, load welcome screen, but after several seconds it freezes and then restarts. Can you please help what can be the cause of this problem and how can I repair? The phone is rooted and bootloader unlocked, but its still S-ON.

Before installing the Cyanogenmod I have tried to flash other ROMs, but on all of them after flashing kernel, the phone was freezing on booting mode and then just restarting continuously.

I hope there should be some way out and the phone is not bricked. If something I have backed up the data and will try to restore, but would prefer to repair Cyanogenmod ROM.

Did you follow the directions posted in the pinned threads at the top of the forums and update to ICS before unlocking and flashing these other ROMs?

I ask because if you say you're unlocked, but s-on, and you need to be on an ICS radio baseband prior to flashing any newer ROM. If you were already on ICS prior to these flash attempts then I suggest you try again with the latest version of 4ext instead of TWRP, and make sure to enable smart-flash. TWRP doesn't flash kernels properly on HTC handsets with s-on, while 4ext does when smart-flash is enabled. Of course all of this comes with the stipulation that you're doing this on a T-Mobile US version handset.

If you're on an Asian or non-branded international version it gets a bit more complicated because you must attain s-off before attempting to flash. This is because these handsets never got an ICS update. So there is no carrier image to flash to, and the only way to install the updated firmware with the ICS baseband is to attain s-off first then flash the T-Mobile US image.

Again, if you haven't I strongly suggest reading the pinned threads at the top of the different forums here as they contain all of the info you need to successfully flash your device to an updated ROM. Good luck.

Ciao

Last edited:
Reactions: ratijs100

ratijs100

Mar 9, 2014
Did you follow the directions posted in the pinned threads at the top of the forums and update to ICS before unlocking and flashing these other ROMs?

I ask because if you say you're unlocked, but s-on, and you need to be on an ICS radio baseband prior to flashing any newer ROM. If you were already on ICS prior to these flash attempts then I suggest you try again with the latest version of 4ext instead of TWRP, and make sure to enable smart-flash. TWRP doesn't flash kernels properly on HTC handsets with s-on, while 4ext does when smart-flash is enabled. Of course all of this comes with the stipulation that you're doing this on a T-Mobile US version handset.

If you're on an Asian or non-branded international version it gets a bit more complicated because you must attain s-off before attempting to flash. This is because these handsets never got an ICS update. So there is no carrier image to flash to, and the only way to install the updated firmware with the ICS baseband is to attain s-off first then flash the T-Mobile US image.

Again, if you haven't I strongly suggest reading the pinned threads at the top of the different forums here as they contain all of the info you need to successfully flash your device to an updated ROM. Good luck.

Ciao

Thank you for information. It is non-branded international version. It means I will have to try S-off and then flash the ROM with 4ext.

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
Thank you for information. It is non-branded international version. It means I will have to try S-off and then flash the ROM with 4ext.

Please read the pinned threads first. You're going to have to relock your bootloader before proceeding, so save the binary unlock blob you got from HTC as you'll need it to unlock again. Place the stock image in the root of your external SD card and flash from hboot. Then after getting s-off and superCID then you can flash the T-Mobile ICS image. Again read the pinned threads thoroughly or you'll be posting about how to unbrick your handset. Good luck.

Ciao

Last edited:

jafferkhan

Jun 15, 2010
I had the same issues and had to turn off security with the joupunut bear program. Just to be safe with future flashing I've understood it works best. You should first s-off your phone and then go about flashing whichever firmware you want. Make sure you upgrade to the stock ics rom first as a pre requisite towards flashing any other rom and you'll be fine. Do a search on the stuff needed to gain s-off here in the forums. Report back if you need more assistance :)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Ciao