[Q] How to safely uninstall Xprivacy ?

Search This thread

ab.riyami

Nov 29, 2011
Hello,

I have installed Xposed Framework and Xprivacy successfully in my rooted stock HTC one (m8), everything was working fine but i didnt like how xprivacy bugged me whenever I updated an app. anyways I chose to disable the module.

So I went to Xposed app, disabled Xprivacy, I also uninstalled xprivacy manually after that in android's App management.

since then the phone keeps on restarting, it restarts and functions for a minute then automatically restarts.

I restored using a Nand recovery backup and now its working fine, but I still have Xprivaxy installed.

has anyone faced this issue? Also, does someone know a safe method to uninstall Xprivacy? :confused:

Thanks

ducted

May 30, 2014
Hello,

I have installed Xposed Framework and Xprivacy successfully in my rooted stock HTC one (m8), everything was working fine but i didnt like how xprivacy bugged me whenever I updated an app. anyways I chose to disable the module.

So I went to Xposed app, disabled Xprivacy, I also uninstalled xprivacy manually after that in android's App management.

since then the phone keeps on restarting, it restarts and functions for a minute then automatically restarts.

I restored using a Nand recovery backup and now its working fine, but I still have Xprivaxy installed.

has anyone faced this issue? Also, does someone know a safe method to uninstall Xprivacy? :confused:

Thanks

Did you check if was already installed when you did the backup? It looks weird because TWRP does a wipe before restoring data, so Xprivacy should not be there anymore. Yoy can also try to wipe manually the data partition, but you will have to start config, install & update apps again from scratch.

ab.riyami

Nov 29, 2011
Did you check if was already installed when you did the backup? It looks weird because TWRP does a wipe before restoring data, so Xprivacy should not be there anymore. Yoy can also try to wipe manually the data partition, but you will have to start config, install & update apps again from scratch.

I knew xprivacy will still be there after restoring because i took tge backup when it was installed.

The phone doesbt restart now but i want to uninstall Xprivacy, any idea how to do it without making the phond restart every minute??

ducted

May 30, 2014
I knew xprivacy will still be there after restoring because i took tge backup when it was installed.

The phone doesbt restart now but i want to uninstall Xprivacy, any idea how to do it without making the phond restart every minute??

Try to install it again and enable the module in Xposer, restart, then disable the module in Xposer, restart once more and then try to uninstall it.

Do a full restart every time, so disable the fast boot option in energy settings.

Good luck!

Reactions: ab.riyami

ab.riyami

Nov 29, 2011
right now it is installed, ill try updating then uninstalling, Fastboot is turned off for my phone.

I tried wiping cache and dalvik cache, didnt work.

I hope someone has a solution, I want to uninstall it.

ducted

May 30, 2014
right now it is installed, ill try updating then uninstalling, Fastboot is turned off for my phone.

This is weird, I tried to install, enable, configure and then I uninstalled without any problem.
I'm using ARHD 8.0, but it's almost totally stock.

I'll try to check what files are installed with the package, and maybe you can try to remove them manually using filemanager from TWRP.

ducted

May 30, 2014
I'm sorry, I tried a lot things and I can't replicate your problem. Even if I try to uninstall it with the module enabled in Xposer does it works. :confused:

I've been reading at: https://sourcegraph.com/github.com/M66B/XPrivacy the uninstall methods and are the same we tried.

If you want to uninstall XPrivacy, you have two options:

1. Disable XPrivacy in the Xposed installer
2. Uninstall Xposed using the Xposed installer

I think I can't help you with this :(

Maybe you could try to uninstall and reinstall Xposer and see what happens...

ab.riyami

Nov 29, 2011
I'm sorry, I tried a lot things and I can't replicate your problem. Even if I try to uninstall it with the module enabled in Xposer does it works. :confused:

I've been reading at: https://sourcegraph.com/github.com/M66B/XPrivacy the uninstall methods and are the same we tried.

Thanks for your assistance mate, I uninstalled Xprivacy again, this time I didnt disable the module in Xposed before uninstalling the App, I just uninstalled Xprivacy, it worked, no issues :)

So I guess an advise for anyone disabling or uninstalling Xprivacy would be to take a NAND backup of the phone before uninstalling incase the restart issue happens. :cool:

Thanks to all.

Reactions: ducted

ducted

May 30, 2014
Great! I'm glad finally you get rid of that module! :highfive:

Make a Nandroid backup is always recommended for everyone having rooted devices, it takes less than 5 mins and saves a life... :good:

simpleatom7

Aug 1, 2023
Redmi Note 8 Pro
This is weird, I tried to install, enable, configure and then I uninstalled without any problem.

I'll try to check what files are installed with the package, and maybe you can try to remove them manually using filemanager from TWRP.
would u let us know if app list detector still detects xlua?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Thanks

Try to install it again and enable the module in Xposer, restart, then disable the module in Xposer, restart once more and then try to uninstall it.

Do a full restart every time, so disable the fast boot option in energy settings.

Good luck!

Thanks for your assistance mate, I uninstalled Xprivacy again, this time I didnt disable the module in Xposed before uninstalling the App, I just uninstalled Xprivacy, it worked, no issues :)

So I guess an advise for anyone disabling or uninstalling Xprivacy would be to take a NAND backup of the phone before uninstalling incase the restart issue happens. :cool:

Thanks to all.