Tab 7.7 Price ?? + Screen

Search This thread

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
Hi how much are you paying for the 7.7 ?? Also is it worth getting as I already have galaxy note the screen resolution is the same... But is the screen better then the note as the 7.7 is not a pentile display ??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium App

Diversion

Mar 2, 2010
They are about $650 shipped or so from Negri for the wifi/3g model I think.

Your Galaxy Note has a resolution of 1280x720 whereas the 7.7 has a 1280x800, not that it matters much, they are very similar of course.

In my personal opinion - I think a Galaxy Note + 7.7 is too much of the same thing.. The screen sizes are close already as is the resolution.. I think something with a 10 or larger screen would compliment your already large screen mini-tablet phone better.

teiglin

Jul 7, 2011
Your Galaxy Note has a resolution of 1280x720 whereas the 7.7 has a 1280x800, not that it matters much, they are very similar of course.

The Note is 1280x800. I can definitely see the difference with the PenTile matrix, even at the Note's pixel density, and prefer the RGB stripe on the 7.7. Many people can't see it or don't care--and really, the Note's screen is exceptional.

As for whether to get it, I don't really feel that the 7.7 complements the Note all that well, but it's really a matter of preference. Personally, I use the 7.7 around the living room mostly, while I have a GS2 as a daily driver for phone use. Some people use the 7.7 as a primary device; maybe you'd prefer it to the Note. My issue with larger tablets is that you're stuck at the same resolution all the way from the tab 7.7 to the 10.1. IMO, you're better off waiting for the iPad3 or a 1080p+ android tablet.

Reactions: N1NJATH3ORY

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
The Note is 1280x800. I can definitely see the difference with the PenTile matrix, even at the Note's pixel density, and prefer the RGB stripe on the 7.7. Many people can't see it or don't care--and really, the Note's screen is exceptional.

As for whether to get it, I don't really feel that the 7.7 complements the Note all that well, but it's really a matter of preference. Personally, I use the 7.7 around the living room mostly, while I have a GS2 as a daily driver for phone use. Some people use the 7.7 as a primary device; maybe you'd prefer it to the Note. My issue with larger tablets is that you're stuck at the same resolution all the way from the tab 7.7 to the 10.1. IMO, you're better off waiting for the iPad3 or a 1080p+ android tablet.

True ill be stuck with the same resolution but whats the point of getting a 10.1 lcd xvga display or whatever it is?? OLED Display is way better and you are spot on you can tell the difference between pentile and non pentile displays.... Detail really matters to me im kind of a screen perfectionist if you know where im coming from :) Thanks for your feedback i will be taking the plunge for the 7.7 :)

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
If you are looking at text its quite easy to tell which one is pentile despite the high resolution but if your looking at images or movies I doubt anyone can tell the difference.

Im a screen perfectionist my self and I cannot tell the difference in images/movies from both devices. Though pentile vs RGB at 1280x800 is a minor issue for me, what concerns me more is the huge % of screens with manufacturing inconsistencies, some might find those inconsistencies tolerable but I dont.

torakun

Dec 12, 2011
I am at your shoes about 1 month ago. I ended up selling my note, and couldn't be happier.

I love the screen, it's much better than the note, even though I already feel that Note's screen are great. And as a multimedia device, note loses, and another reason, I'm sick of gingerbread, so eventhough honeycomb is bad, I still enjoy the fresher experience.

You won't regret getting 7.7, like me :) It's so thin, its well made (it's the first non apple product that wow-ed me), and brilliant screen!

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
I am at your shoes about 1 month ago. I ended up selling my note, and couldn't be happier.

I love the screen, it's much better than the note, even though I already feel that Note's screen are great. And as a multimedia device, note loses, and another reason, I'm sick of gingerbread, so eventhough honeycomb is bad, I still enjoy the fresher experience.

You won't regret getting 7.7, like me :) It's so thin, its well made (it's the first non apple product that wow-ed me), and brilliant screen!

No dude im not selling the NOTE im keeping it lol i need a tablet so ill be getting the 7.7 :) Thanks

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
If you are looking at text its quite easy to tell which one is pentile despite the high resolution but if your looking at images or movies I doubt anyone can tell the difference.

Im a screen perfectionist my self and I cannot tell the difference in images/movies from both devices. Though pentile vs RGB at 1280x800 is a minor issue for me, what concerns me more is the huge % of screens with manufacturing inconsistencies, some might find those inconsistencies tolerable but I dont.

Thanks i already do quite a lot of reading on my NOTE so 7.7 will be perfect for that Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.