Stuck in CWM / Voodoo Lagfix

Search This thread

tigertrussell

Oct 24, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Situation:

Heimdall 1.3.0 / 1.3.1 (I've been trying both)
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2
Samsung Galaxy S 4G (SGH-T959V)

I want to install Valhalla Black on my phone.

I have used the Heimdall one-click roots (all 3 of them). At first, they would give me a rainbow screen, and the bootloaders wouldn't get uploaded because the PIT files continually failed (I tried multiple USB ports and multiple cables).

I then used regular Heimdall and a package I found here on XDA. It successfully flashed my phone and installed CWM Vodoo Lagfix and there were no rainbow screen issues. However, my phone won't boot or get past this screen (though I can navigate around CWM just fine)

I've tried installing: ICBINB (just in case the bootloaders were still Froyo), Valhalla Final, Valhalla Black, and as mentioned before all three of the one-click Heimdalls (I re-did them after the successful Heimdall attempt).

I even just installed a modified Kernel just to try it but no luck.

PLEASE somebody help me, I've been working on this for hours and Googling my ass off but I can't find anything.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Did you install Heimdall before trying the Heimdall One-Clicks?

Last edited:

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Heimdall One-Click is a stand alone application. The only thing you install before, during and after are Java before and drivers during.

Your problems are probably due to skimming directions instead of reading and understanding them.

tigertrussell

Oct 24, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Heimdall One-Click is a stand alone application. The only thing you install before, during and after are Java before and drivers during.

Your problems are probably due to skimming directions instead of reading and understanding them.

I'm sorry, I misspoke before.

I have indeed done it without Heimdall. The first time I tried it I had 1.3.1 installed on my computer, but I thoroughly read some directions somewhere that indicated that maybe 1.3.0 would work for me. So I uninstalled 1.3.1 but before I installed 1.3.0 I tried the one-clicks again. Nothing. Then I installed 1.3.0 and tried regular Heimdall, nothing. Then I tried the one-clicks again with 1.3.0 and it forced me to upgrade to 1.3.1, which is why I misspoke.

Thanks for telling me my problems are due to skimming directions, but you really have no evidence to support that, nor is it a constructive comment.

The actual problem which you misunderstood was that I have thoroughly read so many directions that they get confused in my head.

If anybody has any ideas, please help--problem still not resolved.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Where did you read to install Heimdall before using the Heimdall One-Clicks? And I didn't say that to be rude. But you said you have tried four computers and none worked, and flash this and that in different orders, and are flashing GB ROM's with Froyo bootloaders. That is my basis for saying it. I feel like the proper order and methods for flashing are repeated over and over in the forum. You must disagree.

Last edited:

tigertrussell

Oct 24, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Where did you read to install Heimdall before using the Heimdall One-Clicks? And I didn't say that to be rude. But you said you have tried four computers and none worked, and flash this and that in different orders, and are flashing GB ROM's with Froyo bootloaders. That is my basis for saying it. I feel like the proper order and methods for flashing are repeated over and over in the forum. You must disagree.

Obviously I tried all of them in the order that they were described, first. When nothing worked I started tinkering.

And I didn't read to have heimdall installed before the one-click, I just happened to have it installed. I can uninstall it and try again, though I don't have much hope that it will work.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Have hope and don't give up. Find a good guide and start fresh using the guide. Having other softwares (i.e. ODIN, Kies, Heimdall, etc) and other drivers will sometimes interfere with flashing with the different programs. You need to thoroughly uninstall it all - and then double check you uninstalled it all - and start fresh. Make sure you restart your computer after uninstalling. I even run CC Cleaner when wiping it all. Check the registry. Be thorough.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
I will add that I have yet to not be able to successfully help somebody flash with One-Click who as PM'd me for help. Don't be so pessimistic about it.

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
you might try out my guide, but it sounds like youce done all of the steps that i have listed there anyway, still worth a shot though

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Also note you have to individually uninstall drivers from each USB port.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
you might try out my guide, but it sounds like youce done all of the steps that i have listed there anyway, still worth a shot though

You always seem to chime in like this. Pretty funny. What makes you think he hasn't used your guide?

tigertrussell

Oct 24, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Have hope and don't give up. Find a good guide and start fresh using the guide. Having other softwares (i.e. ODIN, Kies, Heimdall, etc) and other drivers will sometimes interfere with flashing with the different programs. You need to thoroughly uninstall it all - and then double check you uninstalled it all - and start fresh. Make sure you restart your computer after uninstalling. I even run CC Cleaner when wiping it all. Check the registry. Be thorough.

I dont have a registry I'm on a mac! and there are just a few guides for macs / heimdall so I don't really have any guides to follow... one-click was the only stuff I found that supports mac

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Right on. PM airfluip1. He uses a mac and is knowledgeable. I bet he will help you.

Last edited:

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
You always seem to chime in like this. Pretty funny. What makes you think he hasn't used your guide?

really? once again, offering help to the community while you spend your time trying to make me seem like a jerk for doing such. i never saidbthat he didnt use my guide, but if he hadnt, i was offering it up as a suggestion.