Homemade Bootanimations Collection + How To Install/make + Enable/Disable

Search This thread

nicesoni_ash

May 26, 2012
Yes, I did the same thing.

EDIT: Problem solved - I just had to change permissions on bootanimation.zip file to rw- r-- r--
:eek:
Thanks anyway.

Ah.. Sorry about that, I didnt need to set permission so didn't say that, may be it's already set up.. anyway good that u managed to do that.. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

great you guys can help each other out while im away.. thanks :)

No need to thank mate.. :)

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
Ah.. Sorry about that, I didnt need to set permission so didn't say that, may be it's already set up.. anyway good that u managed to do that.. :)

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

No need to thank mate.. :)

well, i must admit that i have never been in the need of setting the permissions of the bootanimation.zip file.. wether its in /data/local or /system/media folders... it might be different for others, depending their rom, but thats just a guess.. :)

kinda1978

Sep 15, 2012
aborted!!!

I don't know if I'm doing it right but I tried with the boot enable it's running when turning the phone on but when I try the Blue or Original animation installation through CMW it's always get aborted.......
I got Omega V26 installed
Thanks

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
I don't know if I'm doing it right but I tried with the boot enable it's running when turning the phone on but when I try the Blue or Original animation installation through CMW it's always get aborted.......
I got Omega V26 installed
Thanks

try to do it manually.. extract the flash zip on your pc, and find the bootanimation.zip file.. then copy it over to your internal sdcard, and with Root Explorer or something simliar, copy it to /data/local..

Reactions: rewtbawt

kinda1978

Sep 15, 2012
Tired that as well but doesn't do anything
I get the testing custom animation 720x....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Thanks I got it working
My mistake I was placing it in the wrong folder

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Dashnelly

Dec 30, 2010
Great work!

Thanks for this I was starting to think,
I was never going to have custom bootanimations again.

Cheers ; 0)

Last edited:

kemaro30

Dec 7, 2011
Manila
hey mate, can you provide a tutorial on how to make bootanimations? it would be really cool if we can also try to suit our own taste of bootanimation :)
and btw, the bootanimation you made for Omega ROM is awesome :)

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
hey mate, can you provide a tutorial on how to make bootanimations? it would be really cool if we can also try to suit our own taste of bootanimation :)
and btw, the bootanimation you made for Omega ROM is awesome :)

hi mate,
yeah that was partly the point of this thread, but i currently got my hands full at the moment.. i will get to it as soon as possible, and it will be done, its just a matter of time..
and thanks mate :)

siddartha

Jun 11, 2009
anyone can help me to make a bootanimation.zip for samsung galaxy s3 in the right size with my animated gif? :)

Attachments

• animated.rar
    334.4 KB · Views: 74
  • animated.jpg
    animated.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,836

MattBooth

Jan 4, 2011
Bradford
mattbooth.dev
No probs :) It's a really nice looking boot ani :D I wish I had the skills to put them together like that! I lack the creative forethought! I can put them together if given the ingredients, but inventing them? pah!

Reactions: siddartha
Aaaarh.. I just dont get it.. It always worked, but since i am on xxdlib all i get is a black screen.. And i did everything like it should be... I am on deodexed stockrom using jb Domination... Plz help me figure this out... Thx

Sent from my iphone....... No just kidding its a way better phone... The galaxy s3 :D

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
Aaaarh.. I just dont get it.. It always worked, but since i am on xxdlib all i get is a black screen.. And i did everything like it should be... I am on deodexed stockrom using jb Domination... Plz help me figure this out... Thx

Sent from my iphone....... No just kidding its a way better phone... The galaxy s3 :D

hi mate,
well, let me know what youve done, step-by-step.. and send me your bootanimation.zip , and ill take a look at it.

Really need a guide to create a custom boot animation for Jelly Bean!
Can anyone?

working on it, but im so busy these days.. sorry for the delay..
will start with something basic, and then post that.. in the near future ill explain it a bit more indepth.. just wait for it.. thank you for your patience :)

Reactions: lordjan1986
hi mate,
well, let me know what youve done, step-by-step.. and send me your bootanimation.zip , and ill take a look at it.

Ok.. First i installed the last build from zoot.. Deodexed xxdlib, then i installed jb Domination for jb... There after i installed the enabler... And put your bootanimation.zip in the right folders give it the right permissions... Restart and then all i get is a black screen.. Oh and its the blue version off rarzdroid... For jb..

Sent from my iphone... No just kidding its a way better phone... The galaxy s3 :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install

1. If you haven’t already, you should check whether or not your phone is able to play custom bootanimations.

2. Download this bootanimation.zip, I’ve made only for testing, and place it in /data/local or /system/media folder. Or flash this with CWM: CWM_CustomBootanimation_Test.zip

3. Reboot, and if it’s still Samsung original booting sequence, it’s not enabled.

4. If you have a Samsung (touchwiz) based rom (stock), you can easily enable it with my cwm flashable zip, attached to this post.

5. Download both CWM_CustomBootanimation_Enable.zip and CWM_CustomBootanimation_Disable.zip, and place them at your internal sdcard. The reason I say you should get both, is because when trying out different animations, it can easily mess up the boot. If that happens it’s quite simple to just reboot into cwm, flash the disable zip, reboot, replace the animation with a working one, and reboot into cwm again and flash the enable zip. Should be easy for beginners.

**The test animation works for both ICS and JB**

Minimum requirements:
    - CF-root with CWM
    - Busybox

This has been reported working on:
    [ICS]4.0.4 --> [JB]4.2.1 --> [JB]4.2.2 --> [JB]4.3
    i9300, i9305, Sprint, Verizon and i747m devices.
    Galaxy Note II - N7100
    Galaxy Grand - i9082
    And should in theory work on all other samsung android devices.

UPDATE:
    made two new flashable zip files, that should work for 4.2.1.. it uses the AOSP "bootanimation"-file, that already has the "bootanimation.zip"-method implemented..
    EDIT: it has been confirmed that this works for the 4.2.2 as well..

UPDATE2:
    if anyone is having issues having the Anbech-folder on internal sdcard, and cant remove it, then try flash the "CWM_RemoveAnbechFolder.zip"-file from the attachments..

UPDATE3:
    made 2 new flashzips:
    Code:
    CWM_CustomBootanimation_43_Enable.zip
    CWM_CustomBootanimation_43_Disable.zip
    they should work for any 4.3 sammy rom. make sure to get both files, as the disable-flashzip is handy if anything gets messed up ;)

UPDATE4:
    2 new flashzips:
    Code:
    CWM_CustomBootanimation_44_Enable.zip
    CWM_CustomBootanimation_44_Disable.zip
    let me know how they work out, as i cant test them myself :)

if just half of those who uses my work, would hit the thanks-button, i would be very happy :)
    Hello my fellow S3 mates!

I’ve made this thread for one purpose: To have all, or almost all, information about bootanimations for stock Samsung ROMs in one thread.

I’m planning to make some bootanimations in the near future, both for ICS and JB. I haven’t made many lately though, because I’ve used almost all my spare time on the bootanimation for the Omega JB rom. I will make some animations now and then, and they will all be posted in this thread

This thread also contains my enable and disables cwm flashable zip-files, and a quick "How-To" guide for making them work.

And finally there are some things to notice before making your own bootanimations, which i of course also have written in this thread. So it’s easy for you to get started.

If you have any questions, need help, or just want to share your custom/homemade bootanimations, feel free to contact me. If it’s because you have a bootanimation to share, I prefer it sended to me as a pm, instead of posting in this thread, as I would like it as clean as possible. Then I can post it in the correct post in this thread, with credits of course. The bootanimation has to be made by you, otherwise it won’t be posted. If it’s made by another creator than you, and you just have modified it to work with S3, you have to get the permission from the original creator.

I’m thinking this would be ideal for a bootanimation collection thread, so it’s easy for other people to find animations, without the need to search through lots of different threads. But this can only be done with your help.

If you have found a bootanimation that you havent made and would like to share it, may i refer to the thread by pkoper here: [Bootanimations] The Bootanimation Repository
    as my thread here is more technical based about the subject, and if you make your own, please contact me if you would like it posted in this thread.

If you have any suggestions to this thread, then feel free to pm me, thanks in advance.

---

As you probably noticed, there isn’t much here yet, but in time there will be (hopefully…)
    Making your own

This is what you need to know for making your own bootanimations.

The bootanimation.zip contains at least one folder, typically named "Part0", and a file named: "desc.txt".
    There can be more folders, depends on how many parts there is. This is actually quite smart, as if you want the first part to be showed one time, the second part three times, and the last part untill the phone shows the UI. Then the bootanimation.zip would look something like this:

Part0
    Part1
    Part2
    desc.txt

and the desc.txt file like this:
    720 1280 20
    p 1 0 Part0
    p 3 0 Part1
    p 0 0 Part2

The first digit - is how many times that part should be played (0 means infinite/forever)
    The last digit - is the delay before the animation begins to play, in milliseconds
    PartX - is the folder with the animation(Part0, Part1, Part2... PartX)

That was just an example to explain it. you can be as creative as you like, only your imagination sets the limit.

Inside each PartX-folder is there an animation, showed as images, one image per frame.
    Supported images, from what ive tried myself, is JPEG, JPG and PNG. BMP might work as well, but this would make the zip file large in size.
    The framerate (fps) is set in the desc.txt file, right to the resolution setting:

An example of a desc.txt which is set to 20 fps.
    I recommend not to set this to high, as the phone is quite loaded at the bootup process, so its a heavy process it to make a animation of images too. I usually set it somewhere between 20 and 25, that is by my own experience, the most smoothly rate.

When youve made your animation, you should keep in mind if it should be for ICS or JB, or both.
    If its for ICS you should NOT make it looped, otherwise the phone will not show the UI after bootup. Looped animations can ONLY be used with JB.

The desc.txt file should be created/edited with notepad++ or something similar, as the regular notepad might mess with the structure.

To pack down the Part-folders and desc.txt file, its just by using winrar, 7zip or something similar. Just set it to save the files only, not compressing it.

I hope this will come someone handy, and if anyone has something that might be added, corrected, or even deleted, just let me know by a pm.
    JB ONLY boot animations

This is the collection of bootanimations for ONLY JB roms.
    (Don't use on ICS ROMs or the phone will infinitely loop)

S3 Logo - Vortex
    CWM_Bootanimation_S3LogoVortex_Preview_Static.gif

Preview
    Download for S3
    Made by Anbech

S3 Logo - 01
    CWM_Bootanimation_S3Logo01_Preview_Static.gif

Preview
    Download for S3
    Made by Anbech

S3 Logo - Smoke
    s3logofire_preview_static.gif

Preview
    Download for S3
    Made by Anbech

Droid RazR M BootAnimation Original and Blue
    Preview Original
    Preview Blue
    Download both here
    Credits to the original creator Matt Groff and therazrguy
    Credits to Kryten2k35 for modifying and making it work
    ICS and JB boot animations

This is the collection of bootanimations for both ICS and JB roms. (Not looped)
    (Set number of loops till phone starts, which is calculated by the creator)

Droid RazR M BootAnimation Original and Blue
    Preview Original
    Download both here
    Credits to the original creator Matt Groff and therazrguy
    Credits to Kryten2k35 for modifying and making it work