Chennai
WVGA version v1.0
View attachment 314729

VGA version in Page 2

QVGA v1.2
View attachment GPSSpeedoQVGA.CAB
Changes in v1.2:
* Packaged CAB file
* Replaced Microsoft GPS driver with GeoFramework GPS component. Thanks to http://navsgo.codeplex.com/
* GPS Port can be configured using Settings tab.
* Few bug fixes

QVGA v1.1
GPS.JPG
View attachment 207191
Changes in v1.1:
* Big digital display
* Analog display
* Speed alert
* Send SMS alerts
* 2 Trip meters
* Configurable speed timer
* Kph/Mph unit configuration
* Lat and Long information

QVGA v1.0
Screenshot_14.jpg Screenshot_30.jpg

View attachment 184220
Description:
This application displays an attractive dash with both digital and analog display using GPS. More features have been added to this application.

Prerequisites:
1. .NET Framework 3.5
2. MVB Backlight (optional)
3. Mortscript (optional)

Last edited:

-Arturo-

Oct 7, 2007
View attachment 184222 View attachment 184221 View attachment 184223

View attachment 184220

This is my first development in windows mobile to have an attractive speedo on the car dash.

Make sure you have .net framework installed. The setings.exe included in the attachment is from the Microsoft SDK samples, which can be used to set the COM port if you dont' have any other application.

This has been tested in HTC P3300 (Artemis). Give a try and let me know if it works for you.

It looks promising....can you tell me whether the app shows speed in miles or kilometres??? If it's in iles can you make an option to show speed in kilometers....and if it's in kilometers can you extend the scale to at least 250 Km per hour?

Alex_w

Aug 27, 2008
It looks promising....can you tell me whether the app shows speed in miles or kilometres??? If it's in iles can you make an option to show speed in kilometers....and if it's in kilometers can you extend the scale to at least 250 Km per hour?

Hell, I would not be looking at my phone @ 250km/h. Or are you flying or something?

gopinathann

Jan 5, 2008
Chennai

By default it shows the km. I have provided an option to display in Mph. Because of the image I had to restrict with less km. I will increase the limit atleast to 220 later.

-Arturo-

Oct 7, 2007
Hell, I would not be looking at my phone @ 250km/h. Or are you flying or something?

Come on tell me that you have never checked how fast your car can go?

Besides it was at night on a motorway and the nearest car was probably a few kilometers away from mine ....so no harm done.

By default it shows the km. I have provided an option to display in Mph. Because of the image I had to restrict with less km. I will increase the limit atleast to 220 later.

Ok thanks:)

Last edited:

masalma

Dec 28, 2007
can u make it go up to 300km/h wanted to do a top speed run (on the track) on the bike :) and the indicated speedo is always off.

ferns_mccanus

Dec 16, 2006
Actually, I was wondering... Why would I need a speedometer in my car when the car has one?

It's fun to have though, and it looks pretty cool.

Maybe when cycling, but that means either cycle with 1 hand, or find a mount that fits a bike.

gopinathann

Jan 5, 2008
Chennai
Actually, I was wondering... Why would I need a speedometer in my car when the car has one?

It's fun to have though, and it looks pretty cool.

Maybe when cycling, but that means either cycle with 1 hand, or find a mount that fits a bike.

This one was inspired by Civic like Digital displays. However it can be used when you are travelling in train/bus to check the speeds.

I have created this for the VGA version, those who have VGA devices can try. There could be some misalignment in the first page, bear with that.

rast62

Aug 15, 2006
Whats about little more usefull things? Can you implement an indicator for max-speed and average speed? I think thats looks great right and left from the close-button in orange-coloured digits...

ShadowDrake

Sep 22, 2008
Muskegon, MI
This one was inspired by Civic like Digital displays. However it can be used when you are travelling in train/bus to check the speeds.

I have created this for the VGA version, those who have VGA devices can try. There could be some misalignment in the first page, bear with that.

Works well on my Touch Pro...

Conversion from KPH->MPH seems to be a bit off... but maybe it's just me, I didn't have the conversion factor around with me. Speedometer said 70 MPH, tuning software said 70 MPH, GPS on phone said 78 MPH... The marks on the speedo, though tougher to read, said about 110 kph, which seems right for 70 mph. If I switched the phone to KPH it said 112... so it seems like the conversion is wrong?

masterv1

Dec 24, 2008
would be cool if you could program a timer for 0-100kph to check how fast the car acceleration is. ;)

lewyharvey

May 10, 2007
Middlesbrough
Just like to say this works great on my Touch HD. Bit of a lifesaver actually, as my Renault Scenic instrument cluster has gone tits up and this actually keepss things legal for me whilst awaiting refurbished das unit! Many tx, excellent peice of kit :0)
LEWY

gopinathann

Jan 5, 2008
Chennai
New features

I am going to release a new version which includes some additional features like speed warning, configurable speed timer (0-100), day/night view for the speedo, 2 trip meters, send sms to friends on reaching a particular location.