Project s view kickstand

Search This thread

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
We Since I can't find an s view cover with Kickstand that isnt bulky. I decided to mod one. Found a old seideo case with Kickstand for my evo 3d and dremmeled off the Kickstand and put in in my cheap eBay cover. Also removed the IC chip off my knock off one and put it in the eBay one for full s view with the advantage of a Kickstand.

1. Dremmel off the kick stand from evo 3d case.
2. Make sure edges are straight.
3. Lay on ebay s view battery cover and Mark with tape where to cut.
4. Dremmel the hole
5. Rough off the edges on Kickstand and hole so glue will stick better.
6. Add glue to sides of kick stand and place inside hole from back side out.
7. Wait to completely cure.

ge9u6e3a.jpg

bata5amu.jpg

4apypede.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
Very nice. Will it stand in portrait mode also? Looks like it might be a tad low to support that. Just curious

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Still letting it cure but i did eye it before I cut the hole and it seems like it would stand in portrait where it's at. I'll test and post picture in about an hour

Reactions: justin94

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
8ejudyre.jpg

Here's another advantage IMO as i can use the flip cover as support for the stand when i have it in something soft where normally the kickstand would dig in to my blanket
7u4adaqy.jpg

7a2yhy8y.jpg

qure7a3a.jpg

It's not as stable on portrait which is ok as I really needed it more in landscape for watching videos. A much better kick stand that would be more stable in portrait would be this one below. I had something similar on my note 2. Maybe a next project.
punajyja.jpg

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    8ejudyre.jpg

Here's another advantage IMO as i can use the flip cover as support for the stand when i have it in something soft where normally the kickstand would dig in to my blanket
    7u4adaqy.jpg

7a2yhy8y.jpg

qure7a3a.jpg

It's not as stable on portrait which is ok as I really needed it more in landscape for watching videos. A much better kick stand that would be more stable in portrait would be this one below. I had something similar on my note 2. Maybe a next project.
    punajyja.jpg

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
    Still letting it cure but i did eye it before I cut the hole and it seems like it would stand in portrait where it's at. I'll test and post picture in about an hour