Any good HDR camera app for Nexus 5?

Search This thread

wunit

Jan 18, 2008
The stock camera's "HDR+" function is not really a HDR function, it is just a sharpness and color enhancement (the dark area is still too dark.....).
The result of the stock HDR of Nexus 4 is much much batter than Nexus 5 does.

I am really so disappointed about the so called "HRD+".

I was using HDR Camera+ (Almalence) and Pro HDR Camera (EyeApps) when I was using Galaxy Nexus.....

Is there any up-to-date alternative ?

Last edited:

Web_E

Sep 8, 2012
Bangalore / Kolkata
The stock camera's "HDR+" function is not really a HDR function, it is just a sharpness and color enhancement (the dark area is still too dark.....).

I am really so disappointed about the so called "HRD+".

I was using HDR Camera+ (Almalence) and Pro HDR Camera (EyeApps) when I was using Galaxy Nexus.....

Is there any up-to-date alternative ?
No it is not only sharpness and color enhancement. I see significant changes when shooting in normal and HDR+ mode (pic taken from inside a dark room to a bright outside window). Also it take better picture in HDR mode than my ipod touch 5g.

jordan.harris01

Jan 4, 2011
It actually is a real hdr mode... As in, it takes 3 shots.. Normal for one and the other too at +1 and - 1 exposure... Which is why it takes longer to take a shot than a typical fake hdr mode that only relies on software to adjust the single exposure image.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

0rigin

Jan 1, 2013
Sh*topia
Lol, Nexus 5 camera is a light year ahead of the one in Nexus 4.
Maybe you are experiencing some other issues, but mine works just fine.
If you want lighter photos, then turn off HDR and turn up the exposure to +1, but be prepared for some noise. Or you could just turn on the flash.

cobyman7035

Oct 24, 2012
TORONTO
4.4.2really sped up camera...doesn't lag as much... I'm using camera awesome app

Via my NeXus™ 7 FHD on XDA premium app