Youtube videos not loading on any 4.4 aosp roms

Search This thread

wturner859

Feb 27, 2013
Lexington
Is anyone else not getting youtube videos to load on ANY 4.4 aosp roms? Anyone know what the problem is? Any way to fix? Any roms that work?

thesoldier

Nov 18, 2012
Baltimore
I'm on CM11 and YouTube works fine. I have seen other people say the same thing as you though, but I'm not sure if anyone ever figured out the cause.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Works fine for me on beanstalk ROM. Not really sure what could be causing that either. You try fully uninstalling YouTube and all that??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wturner859

Feb 27, 2013
Lexington
Works fine for me on beanstalk ROM. Not really sure what could be causing that either. You try fully uninstalling YouTube and all that??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I actually tried beanstalk and it didn't work for me.... I forgot to say that wifi makes the problem go away for the most part... Not all the time but for the most part... 4g is when it's the most awful... And yes I've uninstalled... Uninstalled ad away ... Factory reset... Tried different roms even... I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but it seems to be popular videos with a lot of views that don't play... I watch a lot of game grumps and that's why I notice it a lot, which is why I thought ad away may be the problem (ad away is not the problem)... But if I try to watch a video with like 100 hits, they play fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
Hasn't YouTube been an issue now for like 6 months? All people i know have had issues with YouTube for a while now. It doesn't matter what phone or ROM you're on. It eventually works but sometimes you can be in a strong signal area and even on wifi and have to click retry like 4-6 times, sometimes more, to get it to work. It sounds like you're having a harder time but YouTube has still been crap for 6+ months now.