AT&T unable to update software

Search This thread

atrix4nag

Jul 12, 2011
Maryland
Currently I am on MK2, with root access (stock ATT) I got a notification for software update is available, but when I try to install, it fails in between. Is it because of root access? Please suggest.

crazy_dragonlady

Nov 20, 2011
SE PA
Not to be rude, but if you read a little bit of the threads you'd find that you CANNOT install an OTA update while you're rooted!
You have to un-root your phone if you want to install any OTA updates.

Reactions: John The Rhino

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013
Currently I am on MK2, with root access (stock ATT) I got a notification for software update is available, but when I try to install, it fails in between. Is it because of root access? Please suggest.

Best way to prepare for official OTA is just Odin back to stock, then just accept the update, 2 step process easy as pie. Tar files are here on XDA, but your search button seems to be broken so let me help you.

Here you go. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2621279 Good luck.

atrix4nag

Jul 12, 2011
Maryland
Not to be rude, but if you read a little bit of the threads you'd find that you CANNOT install an OTA update while you're rooted!

Best way to prepare for official OTA is just Odin back to stock, then just accept the update, 2 step process easy as pie. Tar files are here on XDA, but your search button seems to be broken so let me help you.

Here you go. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2621279 Good luck.

Thanks for your response. I kept the ODIN back to stock as last option. Just want to make sure that, that is the way to do it. I just dont want to go back to stock, if there is an another option.

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013
Thanks for your response. I kept the ODIN back to stock as last option. Just want to make sure that, that is the way to do it. I just dont want to go back to stock, if there is an another option.

Sorry buddy, but there is no other way. If you want to update to official stock 4.4.2 Kit Kat firmware, you must be on official stock firmware. If you'd rather not be stock, then stay on MK2 like many of us are doing until we have root. I imagine it will be in the not too distant future. Look at the progress these developers have made in just a few days. It's remarkable.

atrix4nag

Jul 12, 2011
Maryland
Sorry buddy, but there is no other way. If you want to update to official stock 4.4.2 Kit Kat firmware, you must be on official stock firmware. If you'd rather not be stock, then stay on MK2 like many of us are doing until we have root. I imagine it will be in the not too distant future. Look at the progress these developers have made in just a few days. It's remarkable.

Thanks for the response. i went back to stock and updated to 4.4,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.