How many times have you dropped your Xperia?

Search This thread

entermetallica

Jun 10, 2012
Paradise City
I've been wondering for a while. I dropped my precious SL on tiles, carpets, roads from an average height of about a meter. But nothing has happened to the phone. Nothing. Has anyone ever dropped their phone, like, a lot?

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

ganesha27

Mar 17, 2014
Hyderabad
A few times

I've dropped my Xperia S a few times on the floor from a height of around 1.5 mts, but I've a Si Gel cover for better protection and it never switched off like other phones do when they fall.

genecis

Oct 13, 2013
Mumbai
I've dropped it at least five times from elbow height without any kind of protection. Even dropped it halfway down the stairs :D
The corners are a bit rough now but the screen is perfect.
I thought this was normal until my gf dropped her Gorilla Glass protected S3 from the same height and the screen actually cracked by the impact (it didn't fall face down).
I realize now that Sony's build quality is much superior :)

YuriBasescu

Jul 11, 2013
Never,i have it attached to my neck. Impossible to fall.

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Redstarr1

May 19, 2012
Keerbergen
I had a few drops from table height, once pretty violently when my girlfriend yanked at the charging cable (by accident of course). It was never enough to really damage the screen, but my screen has had a small crack ever since I bought it. I got it second hand (way back in september 2012 already) and I though the crack was just a hair under the screen protector, but after removing the protector a few months later it turned out to be a small crack.

What is more damaged is the USB cover, it got really loose after a year or so and a few weeks ago I just removed it. The USB port is very ugly now, but at least I don't have that cover flapping around anymore.

Devnull81

Mar 21, 2014
Made for destruction

My kid constantly finds and try to destroy it. He have been trying to eat it, used it as a trowing toy and i have it without rubber protection.
Still works fine. Well designed phone :good:

genecis

Oct 13, 2013
Mumbai
What is more damaged is the USB cover, it got really loose after a year or so and a few weeks ago I just removed it. The USB port is very ugly now, but at least I don't have that cover flapping around anymore.

The USB flap gets loose because there's an inner soft plastic part which is glued to the outer flap and it wears out over time...
I glued them back together using a strong adhesive and its good now, obviously not as good as the very rarely used HDMI flap, but its OK...
The only real problem I've had with this phone is the really low in-call volume...

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Forgot to mention, the part below the illumination strip isn't very strong though... I know a guy who dropped his SL only once and that part was cracked pretty bad... luckily its not of much use ;)

monivan

Apr 3, 2010
Berlin
Countless with my xperia S! There is one time i dropped it from chest height, and i tried to catch it, but push it downward instead. The phone screen landed on floor. My bro heard the impact came to see. I closed my eyes and pick it up. When i open my eyes, the screen.......not even a scratch and totally fine. It didn't even turn off or the battery fall off like nokia did xD

Sent from my SGP321 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

P

patrik123

I dropped it more than 100 times, many times it landed on the screen but screen never broke. Now when i drop it i'm not even worried because i know nothing damaged ;).

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

entermetallica

Jun 10, 2012
Paradise City
I sometimes drop it, then walk around like nothing happened, and cone back to pick it up. In front of everyone :D

YuriBasescu

Jul 11, 2013
Guys!! My darling xperia S slipped from my hands and cradhed on the ground so violently it desintegrated :(... Hopefully it was only a nightmare. When I woke up he was alive on my desk :) my swag is 80% my Xperia S and 20% my long hairy moustache. I can t even thing on losing my Xperia

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mahoke

Jun 4, 2013
Scheemda
I drop my xperia s very often. In the beginning I was scared it might be broken, but now I know better. This phone is indestructible!

mharckk

Dec 17, 2011
when i was using my XS i drop it countless times already, there was a time that when i was walking and then i dropped my XS i stepped on it and drag it, luckily the back is at the bottom and the camera was not affected :D

xperiauser1221

Jun 2, 2013
Twice... Once really bad but the Silicone cover saved it..from about. 4.5ft

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium

Redstarr1

May 19, 2012
Keerbergen
The USB flap gets loose because there's an inner soft plastic part which is glued to the outer flap and it wears out over time...
I glued them back together using a strong adhesive and its good now, obviously not as good as the very rarely used HDMI flap, but its OK...
The only real problem I've had with this phone is the really low in-call volume...

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Forgot to mention, the part below the illumination strip isn't very strong though... I know a guy who dropped his SL only once and that part was cracked pretty bad... luckily its not of much use ;)

I tried gluing it back with a pretty strong adhesive, but it didn't stick (adhesive was pretty old though) and it only made the soft plastic harder. The next phone I'm getting will ideally have wireless charging so I don't have to open that USB flap so often and it would also be nice if it were waterproof, I'm hoping the next Nexus will be waterproof.

Did anyone drop a Xperia S in water and still manage to save it?

Oh and true the in-call volume is so low, I have to ask people to say things again (looks really unprofessional when looking for a job, luckily I still managed to get one :p) and you can forget about calling from a busy street (I use my headphones in that case). It's too bad you can't test this when buying a new phone, and review sites seem to ignore call quality nowadays..

entermetallica

Jun 10, 2012
Paradise City
I tried gluing it back with a pretty strong adhesive, but it didn't stick (adhesive was pretty old though) and it only made the soft plastic harder. The next phone I'm getting will ideally have wireless charging so I don't have to open that USB flap so often and it would also be nice if it were waterproof, I'm hoping the next Nexus will be waterproof.

Did anyone drop a Xperia S in water and still manage to save it?

Oh and true the in-call volume is so low, I have to ask people to say things again (looks really unprofessional when looking for a job, luckily I still managed to get one :p) and you can forget about calling from a busy street (I use my headphones in that case). It's too bad you can't test this when buying a new phone, and review sites seem to ignore call quality nowadays..

I didn't drop it in water, but my friend did. That genious dropped his in a tub of water, took it out and started using it. It turned off and started to work normally after 2 days.