Tips & Tricks

Search This thread

ln1234

Dec 6, 2007
Thought this might be a good place to start listing any quick tips and tricks you might have discovered.

To Lock Device quickly
Keep finger on the Red (Call End) button and it will bring up some options including keylock.

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
Not sure if anyone's noticed this but when I end a call on my Dual there is annoying little delay of about 3 seconds before the actual call is ended so I searched the registry and found this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\PHONE\PhoneExtendSetting]

And I changed the value of EndCallTime from 3000 to 1000 re-booted and voila no more delays when ending calls;)

Pharaohnough

Mar 12, 2007
Cairo
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
Smart Dialing

This is an advertised feature but apparently not too many people are aware of it. Go to the phone app and start tapping the first couple of letters of the contacts name and the name matches will appear for you to choose from. I find this much easier than opening up the Contacts app and scrolling down to the name you need.

Thyraz

Oct 19, 2006
after pressing send for phoneapp u see last calls.
If u press left/right on the highlighted contact the phone switches through home/mobile/office...

Last edited:

Thyraz

Oct 19, 2006
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\Biotouch\ regulates the FPS of the cubeanimation.
Change "DownFPS", "LightFPS" und "UpFPS" to something higher for a smoother (and faster) animation.

raid

Mar 14, 2006
Disable 3G, if not needed (it drains the battery faster than GSM):

Edit the registry key HKLM\Software\OEM\UMTS\OpMode and set it to "1"

Then also you could change that setting
Phone Settings --> Band --> Network Type --> GSM

To activate the changes, open the comm manager from the Cube, disable the phone and enable it again.

In italy with Vodafone I can't able to select also the Network Band GSM/UMTS to "GSM(900)" but I have to let it configured as "Auto" or "GSM(900+1800)+UMTS(2100)"

dapoldi

Dec 7, 2007
Bits

Ello, new here.. no idea if this helps a few Dual owners but..

Apps found to work on the touch dual:

S2u2 (iphone slide to unlock app), works like a charm:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=343256

HHC, HTC Home Customizer (name says it all), also working like a charm:
http://www.pocketemu.com/download4.html

gfreek, thnx for the EndCallTime key, works perfect and.. 1 less annoying feature to go ;)

Things I'm still looking to solve:
1. Mp3 ringtone seems to fade out after picking up a call, for about 2/3 seconds the ringtone is still audible :S
2. Looking for settings for the Handsfree profile, i have an Lm959 bluetooth bracelet (how geeky, i know), works fine.. but only for calls, the device is capable of blinking the leds on receiving msgs, im looking for the settings to enable just that on the TD.
3. Polling frequency of the TD seems to be on the high side, f.e. it takes about 3 rings from someone before the TD starts "ringing", since voicemail kicks in @ ring 6 I miss a lot of calls.
I found a topic about just this problem with the touch(Elf) on sprint networks, with a quickcode (##7380# I think, well.. I'm not on sprint..so that doesnt work over here.. anyone with any clue would be welcome.. My current solution is disabling voicemail..)

kerrance76

Dec 7, 2007
To Lock Device quickly
Keep finger on the Red (Call End) button and it will bring up some options including keylock.

to do this quicker go to settings => long press end key
and select automatically execute and then lock device

holding the red button then locks the device in one press

therealholg

Jan 15, 2006
You can invoke s2u2 instead normal devicelock

just install s2u2, rename Slide2Unlock.exe to EndKey.exe and copy all files to windows directory, with resco explorer.

Last edited:

tminghan

May 7, 2007
the ilock doesnt seem to be working on my touch dual. when i try to go to settings, the screen goes blank.

isix

Dec 9, 2007
You need to disable directdraw, do it via the registry as you can't access the settings.

GpsPasSion

Dec 30, 2004
www.GpsPasSion.com
Disable 3G, if not needed (it drains the battery faster than GSM):

Edit the registry key HKLM\Software\OEM\UMTS\OpMode and set it to "1"

Then also you could change that setting
Phone Settings --> Band --> Network Type --> GSM

To activate the changes, open the comm manager from the Cube, disable the phone and enable it again.

In italy with Vodafone I can't able to select also the Network Band GSM/UMTS to "GSM(900)" but I have to let it configured as "Auto" or "GSM(900+1800)+UMTS(2100)"

Is there a way to add the "3G setting" directly in the Comm Manager as seen here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=354380 ?

patrickNLgld

Feb 5, 2006
Utrecht
Is there a way to add the "3G setting" directly in the Comm Manager as seen here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=354380 ?

Go with Total Commander to:

\\registry\HKLM\Software\HTC\CommManager and change the key
"SupportedFunctions" from 4 to 5

then make a new map named "5" (without the quotes)
go to that map and make a STRING named "default" and the string must
be "3G" (also without any quotes).

Then turn the phone off and on again and there is a 3G setting in your CommManager. I did not manage yet to add a icon in front of it ;)
(and also not tested the working of the new setting)

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2007
3. Polling frequency of the TD seems to be on the high side, f.e. it takes about 3 rings from someone before the TD starts "ringing", since voicemail kicks in @ ring 6 I miss a lot of calls.
I found a topic about just this problem with the touch(Elf) on sprint networks, with a quickcode (##7380# I think, well.. I'm not on sprint..so that doesnt work over here.. anyone with any clue would be welcome.. My current solution is disabling voicemail..)

that is driving me MAD at the moment. I'm missing almost all my calls.

Wish there was a way to change the amount of rings before voicemail kicks in.

please help someone!

Dec 30, 2007
that is driving me MAD at the moment. I'm missing almost all my calls.

Wish there was a way to change the amount of rings before voicemail kicks in.

please help someone!

ah found it, at least for UK Orange people:

Please bear in mind that the following code is only valid for phones on the Orange UK network.

The code to set the length of time your phone rings is:

**61*07973100123*11*??#

Where ?? is the time in seconds, e.g. to set the ring time to 30 seconds you would type the following code at the standby screen then press the green send button:

**61*07973100123*11*30#

To make your phone ring for only 10 seconds:

**61*07973100123*11*10#

The code works in 5 second intervals, i.e. you can set 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 & 30 seconds.

works fine. thank god.