focus s dev unlock

Search This thread

oneslow5oh

Dec 31, 2010
Nor Cal
hey everyone i just got a samsung focus s yesterday and i was wondering would i go about dev unlocking the same way as the regular focus? i had the original focus and had it dev unlocked to side load apps and all that, but that was even before the no-do update.. just curious, do you unlock it the same way? any info would be awesome thanks everyone!

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
hey everyone i just got a samsung focus s yesterday and i was wondering would i go about dev unlocking the same way as the regular focus? i had the original focus and had it dev unlocked to side load apps and all that, but that was even before the no-do update.. just curious, do you unlock it the same way? any info would be awesome thanks everyone!

The right way would be through Chevron WP7 labs, costs $9. Then, you can deploy XAPs, interop unlock, etc.

oneslow5oh

Dec 31, 2010
Nor Cal
i did all that and bought the token and it says its unlocked, how can i tell? isnt there a number i can dial to check to see if it is dev unlocked?

ANTLink19

Jul 3, 2011
Des Moines
I don't believe there is a way to verify it other than than to try and sideload an app. Gotta have faith.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

dmw_4814

Nov 8, 2010
Cleveland, OH
I Chevron-unlocked & interop-unlocked my Focus S yesterday, and sideloaded Advanced Configuration Tools, but I can't seem to get anything to work. Advanced Configuration Tools installs and runs just fine, but everytime I try to change theme colors (all I tried to do so far), I get a message that it "can't apply changes"!

There must be something different with this phone as opposed to the original Focus (which I was able to do these kinds of things without any problem at all) - i.e., different drivers, another layer of security, etc. Whatever it is, I'm anxious for someone to crack it, as all I really want to do is change my theme colors - the original ones get REALLY boring after a while!

Dennis