[Kernel] [.38.8] intersectRaven's Kernel (AVS/CAVS)01/08/2011 22:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

GabrielSousa

Feb 15, 2011
Leiria
OnePlus 9 Pro
Search for incredicontrol in the market.

Personally i prefer CKZTools.

thanks for the info... nexus one is my second phone now ;)

i have 2 sim cards ;)

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Search for incredicontrol in the market.

Personally i prefer CKZTools.

can you explain to me the UV value

is what ?

-25mv , -50mv, -75mv

what are the values you advice ?

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Last edited:

n0w4y

Nov 22, 2010
I was in a hurry, so no time for a detailed answer ;)

I'm running the already undervolted AVS-kernel (not the CAVS one). I'm able to undervolt my nexus by 50 mV awake, and even 125 mV at sleep (both, min and max). So I'm running at 900 mV awake, 825 mV asleep on lowest clock.

But be warned, undervolting mostly makes your device unstable, by a very little amount of saved energy.

I also made this fault and blamed iR for my noobish behavior (see some posts back. BIG apologize to the greatest kernel developer ever :( )

avgjoemomma

Jul 15, 2010
IR, looks like we're getting closer to getting some nice and stable ICS ROMs for our N1s. I don't want to move on to ICS without your kernel! Any chance of you picking up the torch again? :eek:

avgjoemomma

Jul 15, 2010
I think IR got some new toys (Kindle and Galaxy Nexus) so he's probably spending time with those puppies. Don't forget about us, IR!!!;)

kemkem42

Oct 31, 2009
Hi all,

I'd like to test this kernel for my N1 (need usb host features)

What do I have to use with it ?
ROM ? Last cyano is ok?
specific radio ?

I just install kernel, and that's all ?

thx !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AVS Kernels updated. :)
    AVS Kernels released! :)
    dropped from 100% to 78% in 24h its pretty impressive... :eek:

bty, what is "NETWORK TUNING" :confused:

From previous replied i found only enable the script by option 1 then 6 to save. what else I should do?

I don't have SS4N1 in front of me, I will take you through some settings from my head alone, so please excuse me if some info may be off. You're a smart guy, you'll figure it.
    So; You've flashed the CAVS kernel and SS4N1. Reboot, start Terminal Emulator.
    Type

su
    sscfg

Look for the Load presets menu option. Go there, load a preset. I started with Moderate. Go back to main menu. Press 2 to display current settings, then press 1. It will show you the current preset. All features will have 1 if enabled. SS4N1 should have the 1 flag as well, meaning it's enabled.
    From there, I press Enter to go back to main menu. In main menu I press 4 to customize settings. Press 1 to Enable/Disable features. I disable the Dewonkifier and Network tuning.
    Press Enter and go back to the Customize settings page.
    I enter 2 to customize the AWAKE mode.
    Press 1 to customize the power governor. It will ask you for the governor you want when AWAKE, I enter 3 if I recall correctly, that's on-demand. Interactive is also very good, even more responsive but eats the battery faster. I go with On-demand, it's very good for me.
    It will then ask you for the Min-Max operating frequencies when the phone is AWAKE. I go with the stock, 128000 for min, 998400 for max.
    It will ask you for the Up-threshold, I enter 90 so the CPU will wait on the lower frequency until it's used 90% before ramping to a higher frequency. Good for battery and trust me, the phone is snappy.
    Press Enter and you will be back to customize the AWAKE mode. I choose the 2nd option, UV Min-Max when AWAKE. For me, I've noticed my phone would consume the battery faster if undervolted. So, I press 2 to configure the UV when AWAKE. I set Min @ 0, Max @ 0. When done, it will show you the tweaked voltage table.
    Press Enter and go back to the Customize settings page.
    Press 3 to customize the SLEEP mode.
    Choose 1 and change the SLEEP Power governor to Conservative.
    Min freq 128000
    Max freq 384000
    Up-threshold: 98
    I go back to configure the SLEEP mode, choose the 2nd option to change UV options, I again choose Min and Max 0.
    I go back to the main menu, press 5 to save settings to SD card using the 1 option.
    I go back to main menu and finally Apply the settings.
    Exit Terminal, the settings apply on the fly, but I reboot for good measure.
    Have fun!

PS. I was using SetCPU before SS4N1, I now have SetCPU but it's not enabled (no set on boot ticked), no profiles defined. i do all the tweaking from SS4N1, I just monitor with SetCPU. Why use SetCPU when thanks to fine users here we can enjoy a great kernel and a great GUI to configure it? BTW, thanks ch33kybutt for SS4N1 and IR for the kernel!
    I have the same questions, I just haven't searched thru the old posts yet.

Noboost, cfs, wififast or advantages of AVS vs CAVS?

NoBoost -> restored the volume levels of stock kernel
    CFS -> ignore since I only release CFS nowadays
    WiFiFast -> make WiFi stay awake while display is off; useful for WiFi calling app
    AVS -> voltage settings are set at known stable (majority) levels
    CAVS -> voltage settings are set same as undervolted SVS kernels (like CM) but can be altered using script or through terminal
    Fixed kernels are up. :)