[Q] Charge with 5V/2A..?

Search This thread

Magik_Breezy

Oct 15, 2012
OnePlus 7
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi guys!

I have recently bought a Nexus7 tablet which has a 5V/2A charger .

Can i charge the i9305 with the Nexus charger (5V/2A) or it will cause problems..?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure of the voltage of the I9305 but the more volts = faster charging but hotter and hotter means a shorter life for the battery but it should be fine, I would trade it for faster charging. For amps, I have no clue and please correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

blisslove

May 12, 2009
I'm not sure of the voltage of the I9305 but the more volts = faster charging but hotter and hotter means a shorter life for the battery but it should be fine, I would trade it for faster charging. For amps, I have no clue and please correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

I'm pretty sure that you are saying the opposite way. :)
You can use more Amp but not more voltage.
More Amp - charges quickly.
More voltage - could blow your device.

Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Magik_Breezy

anybuddy

Aug 1, 2012
AW: [Q] Charge with 5V/2A..?

In principle, the battery would load faster at higher charging current when the battery is capable of fast charging. If not, could reduce the battery life. I believe according to the charging control of Samsung, a current limiter is installed that can always draw only 1 amp. So it brings no benefit to using the charger of the tab. It may also be that the charging control of the current is limited so that is not loaded. The phone should not be harmed.

----------------------------------------------
Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305
ROM: | Pandoriam v6.5 | Kernel: | Perseus a31.2 |
Don't say thanks, hit Thanks!
----------------------------------------------

Last edited:

cancerfour69

Jan 17, 2013
Charge

Should be fine for short term use.I've used half amp one amp and one and half amp car chargers wouldn't go any more than two amps no need to..may degrade battery a little so what there cheap enough to replace lol..easy peasy.. I live in tents an caravans 24/7 use leisure battery's not problem with amps just volts..bless solar panels..

The phone take what Amp it needs.. No more than its made for. 2A is only what the maximum out is for the charger.
You could make a charger with 50A, the phone still dont take more.
The volt is the value that need to be fixed though.
All phones charged via a usb needs 5V, no more, no less.(Usb =5V allways) Most batterys now days is something like 3.7V. Correct me if Im wrong.
Any way, you need a couple more volts in the charger than the battery to charge it.

Answere=Yes.. go ahead and charge.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: alexisgt

fred_up

Jul 14, 2008
I have had an HTC HD2 and used it's charger to charge my SGSII and now my SGSIII.

The time taken to charge with that is about the same as the SGSIII charger.

The charging circuits on the phone are smart enough to know that you are charging from a mains' adapter instead of an USB output from a computer and thus adapts the current draw from the system.

I previously did tests on the HD2 regardsing charging times and even with bigger supplies that the 1A one from HTC, it did not charge any quicker.

I have had an HTC HD2 and used it's charger to charge my SGSII and now my SGSIII.

The time taken to charge with that is about the same as the SGSIII charger.

The charging circuits on the phone are smart enough to know that you are charging from a mains' adapter instead of an USB output from a computer and thus adapts the current draw from the system.

I previously did tests on the HD2 regardsing charging times and even with bigger supplies that the 1A one from HTC, it did not charge any quicker.

That charging circuit is made to cooperate with the battery and the rest of the phone.
So only difference you will notice is slower charge time if you are using a to weak charger that cant deliver the right amp.

As mentioned earlier you could use a 50A charger with out any faster charging time. Amps is allmoust of no interest if its not to weak.

Look at electricity as water. Amp is like how many liters of water a sertain pipe could deliver. Volts is more like how strong the flow is. To mouch pressure will destroy the flower. But with Amps you could pretend that the flower demands a certain amount of water and it will not suck more just becaus it could get more.

Sent from my GT-P7500, JellyBean rom v6, A1 kernel v1.7

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm pretty sure that you are saying the opposite way. :)
    You can use more Amp but not more voltage.
    More Amp - charges quickly.
    More voltage - could blow your device.

Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using xda app-developers app
    The phone take what Amp it needs.. No more than its made for. 2A is only what the maximum out is for the charger.
    You could make a charger with 50A, the phone still dont take more.
    The volt is the value that need to be fixed though.
    All phones charged via a usb needs 5V, no more, no less.(Usb =5V allways) Most batterys now days is something like 3.7V. Correct me if Im wrong.
    Any way, you need a couple more volts in the charger than the battery to charge it.

Answere=Yes.. go ahead and charge.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium HD app