Bluetooth headset+gear as mp3 player

Search This thread

hurdleman

Feb 18, 2008
Vilnius
My question is simple, but I didn't find the answer on the web.
Let say I do like running. So is it possible to connect directly bluetooth headphones to the gear to play music while I am running and not to carry GN3 with me?

dmcgeogs

Apr 25, 2013
Do you not need to have the gn3 with or close to you to be able to use the gear since the gear is connected to the Phone through bluetooth?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Unless you have music stored on the watch but I'm not sure that's possible since you can only control music on your phone from the watch

hurdleman

Feb 18, 2008
Vilnius
Do you not need to have the gn3 with or close to you to be able to use the gear since the gear is connected to the Phone through bluetooth?

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Unless you have music stored on the watch but I'm not sure that's possible since you can only control music on your phone from the watch

No, I have Null Rom on my gear. I would like to put some music to the gear and go running with it. I dont need Note 3 with me.
That is why I ask is it possible

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
i own a bluetooth headset, gear discovers it but it's unable to connect.
now this might due to some missing stuff of android. i'm still on old null 11 that works well for me so i see no reason to upgrading now, but perhaps it's possible with newer version?

i would like to be able to stream music from it as well.. running with note 3 in your pocket is not really confident. :p

highlordkram

Nov 21, 2006
Las Vegas
This would be nice but we seem to be limited on Bluetooth connectivity in the USA. I know that you can put music files and play them through the Gear's speaker, by sideloading programs like Apollo, it works really well.

teegunn

Dec 14, 2010
I would like to be able to do this also. On Null rom 15 currently, have sidloaded many apps, one of which is poweramp. I can also sideload MP3's, but if I can't pair my BT headphones it doesn't do much good. Hoping someone can find a way of using BT headphones with the Gear as a stand alone.

ahamedrafi.2000

Mar 14, 2014
Please help me out in this

I own a galaxy gear and a Bluetooth headset , i would like play music on galaxy gear and hear it on bluetooth headset. So my question is it possible to connect galaxy gear to Bluetooth headset. Pls help me out, I'm 13 yrs old so be more specific.

Thanx in advance

ice_coffee

Oct 27, 2005
I try and nothing i can pair mi stereo headset with gear but i can play music? but in call how can i shift between gear and BT Headset in the gear menu?

i saw many youtube videos but dont explain how to do? if i need pair both in the phone or pair BT headset in the gear?:confused:

Regards.:confused::confused:

You can do this if you change your gear over to tizen. I am now running tizen and have two apps for media, one called media controller (controls media on the phone) the other called media player (allows gear to run as a stand alone media player with bluetooth headphones)

Reactions: re-2007

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
i heard Null rom unlocks the BT stack and allows you to connect to other BT devices just like a normal Android device?? is this true or we really have to move to tizen?

Santaclauswitz

Jan 2, 2014
i heard Null rom unlocks the BT stack and allows you to connect to other BT devices just like a normal Android device?? is this true or we really have to move to tizen?

Null does allow pairing with some bluetooth profiles such as hid. I've successfully paired and used a bluetooth keyboard and mouse with the gear. However a bluetooth headset, speaker or headphones requires a2dp profile. This is missing in the android version but available with tizen.

I'd love to have this function working with null as the hardware is obviously capable of it. I'm not prepared to give up null for this function as it would mean giving up lots of other functions I enjoy. I'm guessing you'd need to add the profile maybe from porting from a compatible Rom but that's way beyond my ability.

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
Ah thanks for clarification, sadly this is the main reason I buy gear one, to direct stream music to Bluetooth. Well, let see..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ares-ex

Sep 29, 2010
did anyone managed to pair it with Null?

Im surfing all over the net and there is no other way to do it unless you install stupid Tizen that has close to none of awesome abilities like Null. Is there any way to pair the gear 1 with headphones and run it like mp3. Or is there a way to have dualboot for gear 1? Having tizen and null and beingable to pick up booting aint that bad and it would do the trick

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
Im surfing all over the net and there is no other way to do it unless you install stupid Tizen that has close to none of awesome abilities like Null. Is there any way to pair the gear 1 with headphones and run it like mp3. Or is there a way to have dualboot for gear 1? Having tizen and null and beingable to pick up booting aint that bad and it would do the trick

sorry to disagree but i like tizen. how many hours you gear can last with null? fyi i tried null for few days long time ago, so apologies if the battery life is now improved. but i like tizen, battery life is probably the best amongs android gear and apple watch. plus i can connect direct to bt headset. and tizen has camera

Last edited:

ares-ex

Sep 29, 2010
Loong enough

sorry to disagree but i like tizen. how many hours you gear can last with null? fyi i tried null for few days long time ago, so apologies if the battery life is now improved. but i like tizen, battery life is probably the best amongs android gear and apple watch. plus i can connect direct to bt headset. and tizen has camera

Up to 3 days if i dont listen to music on it. Anyway i dont like Tizen becosue i dont have any chance to install google browser, no youtube, mxplyaer, Rocket player, Facebook Lite or anything. When im at work i cant sneaky check anything on phone becouse i dont want to risk to break my phone but i can go with watch and since it has a nice BT range its usefull. But when im runing i dont want to holde huge ass z3 in my pocket again and pair it with headphones since i already have a bt capable device that can already play music with awesome equalizers. Rocket Player is one of the best out there and unless someone finds a way to get Tizen to instal all the aps that im using, there is no way ill instal that rom. Way to useless curently

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    F0mey hasn't been able to get a Bluetooth profile that works for this
    You can ofcourse put music on (only 4gb storage though!) and sideload a music app
    I try and nothing i can pair mi stereo headset with gear but i can play music? but in call how can i shift between gear and BT Headset in the gear menu?

i saw many youtube videos but dont explain how to do? if i need pair both in the phone or pair BT headset in the gear?:confused:

Regards.:confused::confused:

You can do this if you change your gear over to tizen. I am now running tizen and have two apps for media, one called media controller (controls media on the phone) the other called media player (allows gear to run as a stand alone media player with bluetooth headphones)