LED Notification malfunction

Search This thread

ColdFire InOx

May 13, 2012
I suppose this has already been discussed but I still need an answer.

When I receive a notification, like SMS, sometimes the LED lights up and behaves as it should, and other times it simply doesn't blink. This seems to be random... Is there any way to fix this?

Also, is this a software issue, or hardware issue that needs RMA?

Thanks.

Anth0789

Jan 7, 2014
I suppose this has already been discussed but I still need an answer.

When I receive a notification, like SMS, sometimes the LED lights up and behaves as it should, and other times it simply doesn't blink. This seems to be random... Is there any way to fix this?

Also, is this a software issue, or hardware issue that needs RMA?

Thanks.

I've had a similar issue with using the custom stock notification, but I switched over to Light Flow and you you can choose your color led notification and it works fine you try it out.

ColdFire InOx

May 13, 2012
Generally I've found it to be software related. Which custom ROM are you on? Could you possible test on another to see if the problem persists?

My Nexus is completely stock, and unrooted... The problem hasn't happened in the last couple of days but I'm concerned it will return...

The LED itself functions well, but sometimes it just isn't triggered by notifications as it should.

JuGGerbad

Jun 8, 2011
Maine
My Nexus is completely stock, and unrooted... The problem hasn't happened in the last couple of days but I'm concerned it will return...

The LED itself functions well, but sometimes it just isn't triggered by notifications as it should.

Every once in awhile something similar happens to mine. If I power the screen on and off without actually unlocking the phone, the LED begins flashing normally as it should. Not sure if sometimes it just doesn't get triggered.

rwilpstra

Jan 3, 2013

I thought mine had a similar problem initially on stock, but I think it was just me being picky :p..... I'm running the CM11 nightlies now and it's working fine... Generally though the light will only turn on for notifications when the screen is off... Perhaps that's what you're noticing...

ColdFire InOx

May 13, 2012
I thought mine had a similar problem initially on stock, but I think it was just me being picky :p..... I'm running the CM11 nightlies now and it's working fine... Generally though the light will only turn on for notifications when the screen is off... Perhaps that's what you're noticing...

Not really, sometimes I light up the screen and I have a notification and there was no LED blinking...

ColdFire InOx

May 13, 2012
Is that for an sms? I'm not sure how many different notifications it actually lights up for on stock.
Not just for SMS. You see, right now I received an email through the Gmail app and the LED blinked once and stopped. And I turned the screen on and off and then it blinked once again and stopped. Really weird!

But now I got a text message and it's working fine. It's really random!

rwilpstra

Jan 3, 2013
Not just for SMS. You see, right now I received an email through the Gmail app and the LED blinked once and stopped. And I turned the screen on and off and then it blinked once again and stopped. Really weird!

But now I got a text message and it's working fine. It's really random!

That sounds pretty similar to what mine was doing. I don't think lightflow even helped too much... I would recommend CM11.... It has customization for the notification light built in and it all seems to work very well.