Help me please

Search This thread
Jun 14, 2012
Hi all I am new to this forum. I love to install custom ROM for my nexus and I figured how to do it. I am having one doubt many say about losing their imei number and I am afraid of losing mine. Kindly help me how to recover imei number If I lost in step by step I tried to search the below thread but its confusing as I am new to this

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2514095

Thanks in advance for all

Last edited:

-Cobalt-

Feb 2, 2014
Hi all I am new to this forum. I love to install custom ROM for my nexus and I figured how to do it. I am having one doubt many say about losing their imei number and I am afraid of losing mine. Kindly help me how to recover imei number If I lost in step by step I tried to search the below thread but its confusing as I am new to this

Hey,

The instructions give pretty clear details on how to back up your IMEI number. Just to reiterate the instructions in the link you posted, you're trying to back up your EFS. You can do so by using TWRP. Don't forget to store the zip somewhere besides in your phone. To restore your EFS, flash the zip file you backed up (assuming that you finished installing the custom ROM and whatnot).

Hope I helped and good luck!

Reactions: praveenkumarkm8
Jun 14, 2012
Hey,

The instructions give pretty clear details on how to back up your IMEI number. Just to reiterate the instructions in the link you posted, you're trying to back up your EFS. You can do so by using TWRP. Don't forget to store the zip somewhere besides in your phone. To restore your EFS, flash the zip file you backed up (assuming that you finished installing the custom ROM and whatnot).

thanks for you help :)

actually i want to know what is mentioned under "Nexus 5 Modems" and for what it is used, my build number is KOT49H but i dont find it in Nexus 5 Modems section

jabza

Aug 20, 2012
thanks for you help :)

actually i want to know what is mentioned under "Nexus 5 Modems" and for what it is used, my build number is KOT49H but i dont find it in Nexus 5 Modems section

The modems are different versions of the software that your phone uses to control the radio hardware. You should almost never manually flash a modem unless you really know what you're doing. It's mostly for troubleshooting, and even then it's the last thing you should flash.

You should backup the EFS partition in TWRP, as that is the part that contains your IMEI and such, and back it up to your PC. Flashing certain things can wipe the EFS and, since every device's EFS is unique, there is no way to restore it unless you have a backup you made stored somewhere safe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey,