[Q] Weird issues Cm11 / Stock

Search This thread

volcomoo

Aug 10, 2012
Hi there,

My SIII i9300 has been rooted and flashed with CM from CM 10.x to 11.x. Hoewever, recently it started to not give any audio during voice calls trough the normal mic. Speakers do work.

So, i've tried reflashing, clearing cache / dalvik etc. To no avail.

I then tried stock rom and for some reason this seems to do the trick.

As i'm not really a great fan of the Samsung bloatware and the 'awesome' skin overlay of samsung i would like to fix this issue.

I also tried some different roms to no avail. ( Also, i installed cm 10.2 because that used to be working fine)

I then tried installing different modems via CWM and ODIN. (BUELK1) and (CEEL1). It's a dutch phone on vodafone.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Btw, currently i'm running CM 11 nightly see below. Android 4.4.2
My baceband is currently i9300CEELL1
Kernel version 3.0.64-CM-gb1c5066
CM 11-20140228

greetinges, Volc

Andr3y29

Jan 31, 2013
Buzau
Try installing the ROM before wiping everything, including System ( data is recommended, as long as you don't have something important not backed up). And with 4.4 try to use MK6 modem or higher.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

volcomoo

Aug 10, 2012
?

Try installing the ROM before wiping everything, including System ( data is recommended, as long as you don't have something important not backed up). And with 4.4 try to use MK6 modem or higher.

Hi Andry!

Many thanks for your reply. So I should turn back stock, install cm and that mk6 without wiping? I'm not sure if cm will install without the wipe..

The mk6 modem, do you have any clue where to search it?

Regards,volc

Andr3y29

Jan 31, 2013
Buzau
Hi Andry!

Many thanks for your reply. So I should turn back stock, install cm and that mk6 without wiping? I'm not sure if cm will install without the wipe..

The mk6 modem, do you have any clue where to search it?

Regards,volc

I thought you found the modems on www.boeffla-kernel.de . You can find them in the Download section. Also, if you are on CM11 (or any other ROM actually), you should download the ROM tog want to flash on your external SD Card, reboot into recovery, wipe system, cache, dalvik cache and data, flash the ROM, reboot system and use it for a few moments at least ( I would recommend you do that so that you won't get bootloop). Then, reboot into download mode, connect phone to Odin and flash the ROM. I would recommend wipe shading cache and dalvik cache, just for a flawless experience.

Last edited:

sodeknetters

Dec 30, 2010
Rotterdam
www.antiekeradio.nl
I saw this phone firsthand. (Hi volcomoo!)

The roms were flashed OK, double triple quadruple wiping probably wont make any difference.

The weird thing is that with CM installed there seems to be a hardware issue, when we flash the phone back to stock, everything works. I guess the developers will say "logcat or it didn't happen"....

volcomoo

Aug 10, 2012
I saw this phone firsthand. (Hi volcomoo!)

The roms were flashed OK, double triple quadruple wiping probably wont make any difference.

The weird thing is that with CM installed there seems to be a hardware issue, when we flash the phone back to stock, everything works. I guess the developers will say "logcat or it didn't happen"....

Heuj Sodeknetters

Flashing the MK6 modem didn't work either. Tried dozens of roms. Anyone else might have a clue?
My google foo turned into dust so xda is all i got left ^^

Roobwz

Jun 8, 2013
I had this problem before when i was runming stock . i just sent with the flow and after a month or so i got fixed by itself .
Hope i helped

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app