[Q] Request: Porting LG Pro 2's Mini View to the G2

Search This thread

erclalle

Jul 2, 2009
I'm very happy with the awesome G2 (D802 international version), but while it's small enough for basic one-handed operation by holding it in a rather awkward balance (my hands aren't exceptionnally big I suppose), it's completely unfeasable when firmly holding it in one hand (I read the iphone theories that claimed average thumbs are just about big enough to operate ~4in screens, and to some extent they are right under circumpstances). Some might argue that the shrunk keyboard does a good job for typing, but I'm really speaking about everything else, from pulling down the notification bar to changing songs in the music app.

Therefore my question is, having seen phablets introduce a pretty clever and ajustable "screen shrinking" feature to phablets [it's called "tiny screen mode" on Samsung's Note 3 and "Mini View" on LG's G2 pro] could anyone port it to our beloved LG G2?
Even if that weren't possible, I'm sure that in the same way that mods allow to change the screen's apparent resolution, some people could instead keep the same DPI and simply shrink to one side our 5.2in fullHD to a 3.6in HD and have black bars on the other edges.

I've already seen plenty of features ported from the G2 pro such as the multiwindow, so I'm hoping this wouldn't be that hard to do, and I'm sure a lot of people would love a way to access basic features on their phone properly when biking for example, without risking their phone's life too much.

Thanks in advance,

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
I'm very happy with the awesome G2 (D802 international version), but while it's small enough for basic one-handed operation by holding it in a rather awkward balance (my hands aren't exceptionnally big I suppose), it's completely unfeasable when firmly holding it in one hand (I read the iphone theories that claimed average thumbs are just about big enough to operate ~4in screens, and to some extent they are right under circumpstances). Some might argue that the shrunk keyboard does a good job for typing, but I'm really speaking about everything else, from pulling down the notification bar to changing songs in the music app.

Therefore my question is, having seen phablets introduce a pretty clever and ajustable "screen shrinking" feature to phablets [it's called "tiny screen mode" on Samsung's Note 3 and "Mini View" on LG's G2 pro] could anyone port it to our beloved LG G2?
Even if that weren't possible, I'm sure that in the same way that mods allow to change the screen's apparent resolution, some people could instead keep the same DPI and simply shrink to one side our 5.2in fullHD to a 3.6in HD and have black bars on the other edges.

I've already seen plenty of features ported from the G2 pro such as the multiwindow, so I'm hoping this wouldn't be that hard to do, and I'm sure a lot of people would love a way to access basic features on their phone properly when biking for example, without risking their phone's life too much.

Thanks in advance,

The Rom CloudyStock in the dev section already has mini view baked in. Great Rom too.

erclalle

Jul 2, 2009
Oh thanks a lot, I'll look into it, but as I currently don't have much time to play around with full backups and other things to transfer from rom to rom, I want to stay on stock for now. Is there a way to simply flash the feature into stock rom as can be done for enhanced camera and multiwindow?