SCH-i800 bricked?

Search This thread

silentmyst

Oct 4, 2009
Hi guys,

Ok so apparently I flashed the P1000 firmware to a SCH-i800 device. As one would expect it is now bricked. I can get it to boot into download mode by plugging the device into the wall and holding down the Vol Down button. However, I cannot get it to power up while connected to my PC to flash it. Is there anyway this can be done?

DarkPal

Mar 10, 2011
Victoria
Hmm by any chance. Do you know what firmware was on it? What carrier are you bound to as they may have their own firmware? Details please. Also when you connect tab in download mode does it appear in odin (yellow box with com# in it).

Reactions: silentmyst

silentmyst

Oct 4, 2009
I am not sure which firmware was on the device before I started messing with it. The carrier is Verizon Wireless. Since the flash I've now got the device recognized by Odin however I cannot seem to find the correct firmware to flash to the device. So yes the box is yellow in Odin.

Does anyone know where I can find the firmware for the Verizon Wireless tablet?

DarkPal

Mar 10, 2011
Victoria
Boot into recpvery. Wipe data wipe cache. Do a facory reset. Reboot and pray. Reboot might take a while. Good luck.

silentmyst

Oct 4, 2009
Sucess! Finally got it unbrick. I'm not sure what I did wrong the first time but I reflashed it with Heimdall again and it booted up just fine (After the data wipe of course). Thanks for the help all!

DarkPal

Mar 10, 2011
Victoria
Glad to see you up and running. I know how frusturating and scary a brick is. Enjoy tabbing. Stick to cdma section NOT gsm. You are on verizon.

Congrats my friend.

silentmyst

Oct 4, 2009
Well apparently I spoke too soon :(. I booted up and starting using the tab. The home, menu and power buttons are not responding. I could live without home but menu and power are kind of a must if ya know what I mean.

Here's some stats about the tab.

Model number: SCH-I800
Firmware version: 2.2
Baseband version: S:I800.0.3v.DJ11
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@sep-40 #3
Build number: SCH-I800.DJ11

silentmyst

Oct 4, 2009
Update:

OK so I tried that dump. Still no joy, heimdall reports this error "Failed flashing modem could not verify end of file transfer." I rebooted and all is the same as before. Power button does not respond same with the home and menu keys.

DarkPal

Mar 10, 2011
Victoria
Well My friend. I am at the end of my wits here. I am no expert in CDMA tabs. I suggest you dig in droid forums searching there. And search the CDMA section to find out what you can do to recover.

silentmyst

Oct 4, 2009
Looks like I forgot to flash the PIT file first. Flashed that and now the home and menu are working. Haven't tried the power button but I am assuming all is well. Thank you all for the help!

DarkPal

Mar 10, 2011
Victoria
Again Glad to see you up and running hopefully for good this time. Again I repeat stick to CDMA section. READ AND SEARCH THOROUGHLY before attempting to flash custom roms.

filseca

Nov 21, 2009
I wante help.

I have the sch-i800 with this problem at boot, can be seen on youtube.

watch?v=SycgNS--By4 on youtube

Already tried the possible solutions presented. As well as all the ROMs I found for this product and nothing worked. someone help me?

Last edited:

urk1

Jan 16, 2012
How did you get into recovery if when i did around the same thing i could only get into download mode nothing else

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hmm by any chance. Do you know what firmware was on it? What carrier are you bound to as they may have their own firmware? Details please. Also when you connect tab in download mode does it appear in odin (yellow box with com# in it).