[App] Redial Me - call people back, if you like [9 Sept]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
REDIAL ME - CALL PEOPLE BACK THROUGH A SIMPLE DIALOG

A useful application that will call people back if the line is busy or gets disconnected at the other end.

Easily interact with calls though a pop-up dialog, or enable the speakerphone when a redialed number connects!

The root functionality ensures everything works reliably.

NEEDS ROOT - PLEASE LEAVE SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK

Features:

- Easy to use (I hope)
- Highly customizable rules
- Simple notification
- Redial quietly and then enable speakerphone
- Vibrate on connect

Some new features are coming, as suggested by our friends at XDA. Thanks guys, youre the best.

Screens:

Market links:

Demo: https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.redial.demo&feature=search_result
img.php

Full: https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.redial&feature=search_result
img.php

Attachments

• screen_20110614_2016.jpg
    screen_20110614_2016.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 622
  • screen_20110614_2015.jpg
    screen_20110614_2015.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 487
  • screen_20110614_2015_1.jpg
    screen_20110614_2015_1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
1.2 - radio enthusiast

UI improved
Better help
Added debugging menu item
Fixed sound options not returning to default on some devices

1.1 - more better stuff

Totally rewrote app
More options
Better UI

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Not many takers then - looks like i need to do some bumpin...

W

WiredPirate

Hey ftgg99, just installed and going to give this a try! Could you give a breif explanation of the minimum, maximum & step intervals please? I looked for a "help" option within the app to explain. I'm mostly interested in the auto call back feature for when Att drops my call. (I know the second it happens now with Vibralert!;)) Also, will the app request root the first time it is needed? Ive installed and changed settings but it hasn't requested root yet. Hopefully I get a chance to test this soon, just waiting on a busy signal or call disconnect. Thanks.:)

DJHile

Jan 28, 2008
Central Missouri
I, too, would be interested in a description of the interval settings. I installed, gave root permissions, and I've had a coupler of busy signals with nothing happening from Redial Me. Running Android 2.2

W

WiredPirate

Okay I definitely just got a busy signal but RM did not request root. Turning the on/off does not prompt root either. I will uninstall and try again after I get some clarification for the intervals. -Atrix

DJHile

Jan 28, 2008
Central Missouri
Okay I definitely just got a busy signal but RM did not request root. Turning the on/off does not prompt root either. I will uninstall and try again after I get some clarification for the intervals. -Atrix

Looks like you're having troubles as well. I've been calling a radio station all day to try to win tickets to a Willie Nelson concert for my father in law (huge fan-fathers day, ...yeah.) AND I've gotten a lot of busy signals, as expected. I, on the other hand, did get prompted for Root Access upon installation. I also verified that Superuser remembered "Redial Me" and it does have root access.

Haven't received a single pop up, prompt to redial on busy, or anything.

If this can get up and going and get the bugs worked out it will be exactly what I've been looking for for a LONG time! How awesome would it be if someone had an app that would continuously keep redialing until call connection for radio giveaways and promotions? Pretty sweet!

Also great for contacting people who are constantly on the phone with no call waiting... can sneak in between calls!

Let me know if there are any kind of logs I can pull or anything I can do that would help in the development for this. As of now, the app is doing absolutely nothing for me but I will keep it installed for logging/testing purposes.

I installed .apk, enabled Redial Me, .. tried it out... nothing. Rebooted, tried again, busy signal but nothing again...

Android 2.2, GladiAtrix 1.83 P-Rom for Motorola Atrix

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Ill be working on a complete overhaul in the next few day - im taking the app over from a rather lackluster apprentice we have just let go. Many changes are coming!

As for details of the settings, they are as follows:

Minimum interval - the time after first engaging before the app starts redialing.
Maximum interval - the longest interval before a redial is made
Step interval - Redial Me incrementally increases the time it takes to launch a redial at this rate

Does that make sense?

W

WiredPirate

Yes that makes sense.:) Thanks for the explanation.
Just this morning on a reboot RM (finally) prompted me for root.. I have rebooted many times since install. Sadly the prompt lasted about 3 seconds instead of the usual 10 (prob cause the phone was booting), I only had time to read not accept. Uninstalled and looking forward to the overhaul.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
The easiest way to reset superuser is to go into the su app and forget whatever app youre having trouble with - then start it again and wait for the prompt.

DJHile

Jan 28, 2008
Central Missouri
How soon can we expect a new release? I'm excited to see this come together. Any idea why I'm not getting prompted to redial after receiving a busy signal?

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Next few days... and no idea, better just write the app from scratch...

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Done. Demo is up as well. If you were early to the party, PM me ill send you the xda version beta for free!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts