[Q] Transformer Prime possibly bricked. Help?

Search This thread

Gabers

Jun 28, 2010
Tonight I was trying to install clockworkmod touch on my Prime, and when I was trying to get into fastboot, I made the mistake of selecting the data wipe option, then setting it down to go do something else for a while. As of now, it will not get past the screen that says "ASUS powered by NVIDIA blah blah blah". I can get into CWM just fine, as well as fastboot, but I dont have anything to flash since my memory was wiped. I've tried a million and one things to get it to work, and I still can't find anything. Can someone help me?

reNeglect

Aug 9, 2011
Calgary
Tonight I was trying to install clockworkmod touch on my Prime, and when I was trying to get into fastboot, I made the mistake of selecting the data wipe option, then setting it down to go do something else for a while. As of now, it will not get past the screen that says "ASUS powered by NVIDIA blah blah blah". I can get into CWM just fine, as well as fastboot, but I dont have anything to flash since my memory was wiped. I've tried a million and one things to get it to work, and I still can't find anything. Can someone help me?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1514088, or restore a nandroid in cwm, if you have one.

Last edited:

kageebe

Aug 7, 2011
read the person's above, seems like a hard brick from the thread he linked.

Since you can get into cwm, you could just download a custom rom place it on your micro sd and then install the custom rom onto your device.

To me it seems that you just wiped the rom on your device, so it has nothing to boot from.

I have not done any rooting or install on my prime yet, but I've been have encounter this similar problem on my htc sensation where it would just have a boot loop. I fix it by reinstalling a rom.

Last edited:

Gabers

Jun 28, 2010
The problem I'm having with flashing a ROM from my micro sd card is that i can't get cwm to see my sd card.

MDMonster

Dec 21, 2010
If its not mounting, if the kernel/cwm has the option 'mounts' or 'mass storage' like the glitch kernels cwm has for the galaxy captivate, you can go in the n click on 'mount sd' or whatever.... it might not be mounting right away so u could try that to get it mounted

Cappy Running SlimICS 2.9 w/ GLITCH V14 B6

Gabers

Jun 28, 2010

Ah sorry didn't verify before my previous post. I think if you boot into fastboot mode, and use adb to push a zip to your sdcard would work.

I've tried using adb while the Prime is in fastboot, and adb won't recognize it. Fastboot sees it, but it cant push files. I tried "fastboot update rom.zip" and it gives me this error

archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
The problem I'm having with flashing a ROM from my micro sd card is that i can't get cwm to see my sd card.

i know this has been solved but FYI, to get adb to see INTERNAL SDCARD (CWM doesn't support EXTERNAL SDCARD), just go to Install Zip from sdcard, Choose zip from sdcard while usb is connected. Now push the file.
After it's finished, go to your prime, back to Install Zip from sdcard, and again into Choose Zip from sdcard. The zip should be there.