ROM problem

Search This thread

rivezu

Oct 3, 2011
I have a week trying to install a new ROM to my phone (xperia mini pro). I follow the instructions, install the recommended kernel for each Rom. When i finish installing the ROM i reboot the phone put the kernel logo and don't do anything else (the last time i let it in the kernel logo for 10 hours and it didn't work).

I fix it using Wotan server. But what i really care about is that i want to prove new Rom, so if someone can help me i will be really thankful.

PS: Sorry if you think my english is bad, is because my main language is not english

faru123

May 15, 2010
I have a week trying to install a new ROM to my phone (xperia mini pro). I follow the instructions, install the recommended kernel for each Rom. When i finish installing the ROM i reboot the phone put the kernel logo and don't do anything else (the last time i let it in the kernel logo for 10 hours and it didn't work).

I fix it using Wotan server. But what i really care about is that i want to prove new Rom, so if someone can help me i will be really thankful.

PS: Sorry if you think my english is bad, is because my main language is not english
Did u unlock your bootloader ??

aidennwitz

Nov 30, 2011
Hello,

I'm having the same problem, I don't get it at all. I bought my Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i) yesterday and so far I have been only able to flash stock rom and MiniCMSandwich AOSP Android 4.0.4 RC3, both of which work fine.

With all other roms I get stuck on the logo (depending on kernel - Sony, Sony Ericsson or Free Xperia logo). I do full wipe, dalvik cache etc. but nothing helps.

So far I tried: FXP 117 7.2.0, FXP 117 9.0.0 and XROM™ ICS RC7.

I tried different basebands, flashing in different order etc., no matter what I get stuck on the logo.

Could someone post a detailed step-by-step instruction how to flash either FXP or the XROM on the Mini Pro? Which baseband should I use (and how do I know it's the baseband's fault when the rom doesn't work), what about Wi-Fi etc.

I flashed Galaxy S+ (I9001) before and didn't have any of these issues. :)

gandhar

Jan 20, 2012
Goa
Hello,

I'm having the same problem, I don't get it at all. I bought my Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i) yesterday and so far I have been only able to flash stock rom and MiniCMSandwich AOSP Android 4.0.4 RC3, both of which work fine.

With all other roms I get stuck on the logo (depending on kernel - Sony, Sony Ericsson or Free Xperia logo). I do full wipe, dalvik cache etc. but nothing helps.

So far I tried: FXP 117 7.2.0, FXP 117 9.0.0 and XROM™ ICS RC7.

I tried different basebands, flashing in different order etc., no matter what I get stuck on the logo.

Could someone post a detailed step-by-step instruction how to flash either FXP or the XROM on the Mini Pro? Which baseband should I use (and how do I know it's the baseband's fault when the rom doesn't work), what about Wi-Fi etc.

I flashed Galaxy S+ (I9001) before and didn't have any of these issues. :)

use baseband 64, with baseband 70 people are complaining about battery drain problems

guide for installing cm7 is on original thread
here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16822393&postcount=3

aidennwitz

Nov 30, 2011
I do exactly as it says. I had to flash stock rom before that, because update zip wouldn't work if I started from AOSP (or if I wanted to apply it after flashing FXP)

BTW, do I really have to flash stock ftf (kernel+baseband), which overwrites my CWM each time I want to flash FXP? I hate losing CWM.

Anyway, I did this:

1. I put the update.zip on the sdcard
2. I flashed the boot.img I unpacked from the update.zip using fastboot (went fine)
3. I applied update.zip using CWM
4. I did factory reset from CWM and wiped dalvik cache

After reboot - it hangs on the Free Xperia logo. I also tried flashing Rage kernel 2.8 with the same result. Oh, and does it matter if I flash kernel before or after the rom?

gandhar

Jan 20, 2012
Goa
I do exactly as it says. I had to flash stock rom before that, because update zip wouldn't work if I started from AOSP (or if I wanted to apply it after flashing FXP)

BTW, do I really have to flash stock ftf (kernel+baseband), which overwrites my CWM each time I want to flash FXP? I hate losing CWM.

Anyway, I did this:

1. I put the update.zip on the sdcard
2. I flashed the boot.img I unpacked from the update.zip using fastboot (went fine)
3. I applied update.zip using CWM
4. I did factory reset from CWM and wiped dalvik cache

After reboot - it hangs on the Free Xperia logo. I also tried flashing Rage kernel 2.8 with the same result. Oh, and does it matter if I flash kernel before or after the rom?

rage kernel is not compatible with cm7,
mostly kernel is flashed before the rom, but either way should work i guess..

try formatting system in cwm> mounts and storage

aidennwitz

Nov 30, 2011
This time I started from Xperia MiniPro (SK17i)_4.0.2.A.0.42_HU.ftf (Baseband 56) flashed using Flashtool

1. Root (DooMLorD zergRush v4)
2. CWM (SE Extreme Tweak Installer 1.8)
3. Flashed XperiaMiniPro_4.0.2.A.0.62_SK17.ftf (baseband 64) using Flashtool
4. Extracted boot.img from FXP117_update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-mango-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip
5. Flashed boot.img with fastboot
6. Formatted /system in CWM
7. Tried to install FXP117_update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-mango-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip in CWM

Failed with Status 7 error (assert failed, something about matching strings containing SK17i and mango).

gandhar

Jan 20, 2012
Goa
This time I started from Xperia MiniPro (SK17i)_4.0.2.A.0.42_HU.ftf (Baseband 56) flashed using Flashtool

4. Extracted boot.img from FXP117_update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-mango-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip
7. Tried to install FXP117_update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-mango-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip in CWM

Failed with Status 7 error (assert failed, something about matching strings containing SK17i and mango).

often the kernel is broken on CM threads, TRY the kernel from this thred..
don't go over all that, just install this kernel, then install update zip from cm7..
no need to flash original ftf

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012

That's because for some stupid reason you formatted the system partition, which must not be done on some ROM installations.

The CM7 installation requires info from the system folder, but since you formatted it, you don't have the info on your phone and installation cannot be installed.

Reinstall stock firmware, follow the same procedure, but do NOT format system, but do make factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache.

aidennwitz

Nov 30, 2011
Well, I was asked to try formatting /system. :D

Ok, again then. BTW, is there a pre-rooted .62 stock rom somewhere? I only see .69, which isn't good AFAIK.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's because for some stupid reason you formatted the system partition, which must not be done on some ROM installations.

The CM7 installation requires info from the system folder, but since you formatted it, you don't have the info on your phone and installation cannot be installed.

Reinstall stock firmware, follow the same procedure, but do NOT format system, but do make factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache.

oops sorry, thanks for correcting..:eek: