bluetooth car hands free not working

Search This thread

discophil

Aug 17, 2008
I posted a couple of days ago but didnt really explain properly so starting again.

I have a touch pro, with romeos2 rom installed. I have tried the 1.51 and 1.60.1 builds.

the device pairs find, picks up phonebook etc fine. but i cant dial from the headunit. its driving me insane. I havent tried with other roms apart from romeos2.

Sometimes it will dial but only if you dial on the headunit then turn phone off and on. it seemed to work slightly better with romeos1.51 but still useless.

Does anyone have any ideas? meh... getting annoyed with this :(

p.s. i tried my friends touch HD and works perfectly, 100%. he has windows build 20757

discophil

Aug 17, 2008
UPDATE: incase anyone else is having issues

Monx (romeos2 legend) has asvised to try installing the BTSAP profile when using his rom. I havent tested yet but will try tonight.

What i did find is that I tried the windows build my friend had and that didnt help, issue was the same. I tried another radio 1.02.25.31, same problem only worse. then tried flashing RRE 3.1 fuze rom and at the same time 1.08.25.20M1 radio. Now the phone works in the car, responds to headunit dial requests.

New problem is that it doesnt download phonebook to the headunit.

will keep posted on progress if anyone is having this problem :)

teddyonair

Oct 23, 2007
same here, im running Romeos 1.5x final touch pro rom on my fuze.

paired fine, cant make phone call, the car shows no connection

i tried install BTSAP, BTSAP, BTBPP, doesnt work...

please help, i really like romeos rom

discophil

Aug 17, 2008
Its working!!! i reflashed romeos 1.60.2 and installed the btsap profile and its working.

I dont think its the btsap that did it as from what i gather the btsap is to access the sim card of your phone to use it remotely in another phone devide in a car stereo and i dont have that.

I think the think that fixed it was flashin the australia radio 1.08.25.20M1.
It responded instantly to dial requests and pairs fine!

discophil

Aug 17, 2008
same here, im running Romeos 1.5x final touch pro rom on my fuze.

paired fine, cant make phone call, the car shows no connection

i tried install BTSAP, BTSAP, BTBPP, doesnt work...

please help, i really like romeos rom

Try flashing the australia 1.08.25.20M1 Raphael radio and see if that works.

Also have you tried Jetware handsfree extensions? Some head units need this to work properly, and i think pioneer has issues if its not used.

teddyonair

Oct 23, 2007
1.08.25.20M1 ? I've been using this radio since they first posted it here.

so i dont think its the radio thats blocking it

any other suggestion?

btw i have a kenwood navigation with bluetooth add-on. works fine with my tilt and all the other phones.

thanks in advance...

discophil

Aug 17, 2008
well after all that, i hard resetted my device again to setup up from scratch, tested with new radio and it didnt work.

Sooo... installed the BTSAP profile and working fine so looks like that was the cause of my problems all along :rolleyes:

teddyonair

Oct 23, 2007
thanks for testing that for us...

i installed BTSAP in my fuze still no luck...hopefully more people will come in and share with us how their setup works

discophil

Aug 17, 2008
well after all that mine isnt actually working properly :( arrrrrrgh

I just did few tests as have been messing with phone at work then quickly testing on breaks. anyway basically if the phone is on it seems to work fine and connects/dials calls perfectly since installing btsap....

however.... if the phone goes in to standby for a length of time it doesnt wake up when i try and dial from the headunit. If it then turn the phone on again it will start dialing.

This is totally 100% doing my head in as just spend bloody 90 quid on the bluetooth thing for my car :(

Anyone got any ideas why it wont wake up when dialing from bluetooth handsfree? The dial command obviously got to the phone as it starts dialling when you take it out of standby.

HELP! lol :(

techspy

Oct 27, 2005
Glad to see I am not alone in this. What a pain! Can someone tell me where to download the BTSAP cab? I will try that and jetware to see if it helps. I have a Kenwood head unit that also allows for SMS via the head unit but it doesn't work with my Fuze. Anyone else have that feature working?

Thanks