• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
If you came here by way of an online article, DO NOT FLASH UNLESS YOU HAVE A US CARRIER SPECIFIC SGS3. This WILL brick your device if you have the i9300 or i9305.

Ok, so I'm gonna cut to the chase here. Sense 5 for the US S3.

"This just got real".

qeO3oHb.jpg

Code:
#include android/noobz.h
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
 * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
 */

Note: This is NOT a theme, it is the actual HTC One ROM.

Note 2 (haha, note 2): If you were linked here and have one of the carrier versions of the S3, then you CAN flash this without any risks or issues (without any additional risks or issues as if a Sprint user were flashing), as the partitions and specs are the same between the three carriers.

Pictures:

hrjzb1C.png

tlA7giK.png

30X1oJx.png

91wpTeE.png

I have decided to release this as a community WIP so that all of our great developers can get their hands dirty with this. I would like to collaborate with everyone to get this ROM as close to 100% functional as possible.
I do not require that you be "recognized" as ANYTHING on xda for you to help with the development of this ROM. I only ask that you know that you are doing (or take the time to look things up) because I expect this ROM to be moving quickly and explanations have no place here. Use google if you have questions.

Thank you.

Downloads:

Instructions
  • Download the rom and flash
  • First boot APPEARS to get "stuck" on the last image of the boot animation. This is normal. In the background the apps are being odexed by the system.
  • Skip through the ENTIRE setup. It's not important.
  • For keyboard to work, swipe the Input Notification from the status bar and set "Hardware keyboard" to OFF
  • Enjoy! Any comments/thank you's/etc in the Discussion thread only please!

Working
Internal AND external sdcard! Thanks to @brickzpapi for confirmation!
Keyboard: Disable hardware keyboard from input notification
Graphical issues and reboots fixed - see 6.13.13 changelog
Boot sequence
App sizes (woot, no resizing necessary)
Wifi
Storage mounting to computer (internal+ external)

Credits
  • The CM Team - for CM10 boot.img (modified for Sense).
  • CM Team - Kernel. Source can be found here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_d2
  • HTC - For providing a beautiful UI
  • Google - For AOSP source
  • xboxfanj - This dude is a boss. Cannot thank him enough for all the help and advice as I struggled through.
  • jianC - Modified boot.img and logcat help, also a boss.
  • -viperboy- and team for the original port to the EVO LTE. Also for the stock deodexed HTC One rom. The port to the EVO LTE can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185699

DO NOT POST BUGS UNLESS IT IS A GRAPHICAL ISSUE

Donations: If you would like to donate to me, please instead forward your donation to one of the people/teams mentioned above. Thank you.

Last edited:

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Changelog
  • 0.4.5-alpha
  • Fix mounting to computer. Internal and external storage functions are now 100%.
  • 0.4.1-alpha
  • Fixed wifi
  • 0.3-ALPHA (out of pre-alpha...WOOOOT)
  • Fixed constant reboots
  • Fixed graphical issues (lockscreen and homescreen not loading up right)
  • 0.2-prealpha
  • Initial release

For any questions not related to development, please post in the Q&A thread found right here.

Last edited:

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Please note that this is super SUPER pre-alpha right now. It boots up, but the entire system dies after about 2 minutes and causes a hot reboot (reboots and starts at boot animation)
Also note that it gets "stuck" at the last image of the boot animation. This is normal. In the background, the apps are being odexed by the system.

lilman355

Apr 22, 2011
Please note that this is super SUPER pre-alpha right now. It boots up, but the entire system dies after about 2 minutes and causes a hot reboot (reboots and starts at boot animation)
Also note that it gets "stuck" at the last image of the boot animation. This is normal. In the background, the apps are being odexed by the system.

You, sir, are the BAMF of the day. Thanks for all the hard work here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

manufan721

Mar 18, 2012

Seriously man..you are a modding machine

infecting the world, one rom at a time...

Reactions: Whiplashh

ANTHONY81L

Account currently disabled
Jun 14, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
i may be crossing some lines here by saying this and forgive me if i am but 1st dev that comes to mind in getting help with something like this is mijjah from the goodness rom . the dude is a beast . maybe hit him up and see if he wants in . just a thought... good job btw , very excited for this to be stable . will this include blinkfeed also ??

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
i may be crossing some lines here by saying this and forgive me if i am but 1st dev that comes to mind in getting help with something like this is mijjah from the goodness rom . the dude is a beast . maybe hit him up and see if he wants in . just a thought... good job btw , very excited for this to be stable . will this include blinkfeed also ??

Blinkfeed is there and working, but no data connections work so it doesn't do anything.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Very glad to see you make this thread. You are truly awesome man. Very nice work and you have started the fire, prepare to see a wildfire.

For the data, I don't know much but does it have to be a fuse of the Samsung and HTC WiFi drivers? Which device did you port from?

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3 "Supernexus"
Whiplashh Rom
Look it up. :D

Reactions: CNexus

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Cnexus do you have a log of the current build ?

A logcat? No, not for this version. My computer literally died after I uploaded 0.2 so I'm letting it cool till tomorrow...

I guess you could stick in aLogcat after flashing, run that

Anyway, PM me your gmail so we can talk. I think this issue may be similar to the issue you were having with MIUI because everything starts dying after a bit, and the system doesn't even have time to load all the apps up correctly

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac1679

Whoareyou

Are you guys sure HTC will allow this?

My thoughts on this are, this is the internet, the home of every day users stealing software in the upwards of $5000, so, if thats going to be allowed and not really stopped, why take the time to stop us?

edit: in case anyone is wondering, im going to be trying to use what progress he makes and just port it over to the GSM varients of the d2 (att/tmo) i747 and T999

Last edited:

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
A logcat? No, not for this version. My computer literally died after I uploaded 0.2 so I'm letting it cool till tomorrow...

I guess you could stick in aLogcat after flashing, run that

Anyway, PM me your gmail so we can talk. I think this issue may be similar to the issue you were having with MIUI because everything starts dying after a bit, and the system doesn't even have time to load all the apps up correctly

Our issue was that the apps couldnt make data/cache and cache/dalvik-cache directory and they weren't writable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you came here by way of an online article, DO NOT FLASH UNLESS YOU HAVE A US CARRIER SPECIFIC SGS3. This WILL brick your device if you have the i9300 or i9305.

Ok, so I'm gonna cut to the chase here. Sense 5 for the US S3.

"This just got real".

qeO3oHb.jpg

Code:
    #include android/noobz.h
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
     * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
     */

Note: This is NOT a theme, it is the actual HTC One ROM.

Note 2 (haha, note 2): If you were linked here and have one of the carrier versions of the S3, then you CAN flash this without any risks or issues (without any additional risks or issues as if a Sprint user were flashing), as the partitions and specs are the same between the three carriers.

Pictures:

hrjzb1C.png

tlA7giK.png

30X1oJx.png

91wpTeE.png

I have decided to release this as a community WIP so that all of our great developers can get their hands dirty with this. I would like to collaborate with everyone to get this ROM as close to 100% functional as possible.
    I do not require that you be "recognized" as ANYTHING on xda for you to help with the development of this ROM. I only ask that you know that you are doing (or take the time to look things up) because I expect this ROM to be moving quickly and explanations have no place here. Use google if you have questions.

Thank you.

Downloads:

Instructions
    • Download the rom and flash
    • First boot APPEARS to get "stuck" on the last image of the boot animation. This is normal. In the background the apps are being odexed by the system.
    • Skip through the ENTIRE setup. It's not important.
    • For keyboard to work, swipe the Input Notification from the status bar and set "Hardware keyboard" to OFF
    • Enjoy! Any comments/thank you's/etc in the Discussion thread only please!

Working
    Internal AND external sdcard! Thanks to @brickzpapi for confirmation!
    Keyboard: Disable hardware keyboard from input notification
    Graphical issues and reboots fixed - see 6.13.13 changelog
    Boot sequence
    App sizes (woot, no resizing necessary)
    Wifi
    Storage mounting to computer (internal+ external)

Credits
    • The CM Team - for CM10 boot.img (modified for Sense).
    • CM Team - Kernel. Source can be found here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_d2
    • HTC - For providing a beautiful UI
    • Google - For AOSP source
    • xboxfanj - This dude is a boss. Cannot thank him enough for all the help and advice as I struggled through.
    • jianC - Modified boot.img and logcat help, also a boss.
    • -viperboy- and team for the original port to the EVO LTE. Also for the stock deodexed HTC One rom. The port to the EVO LTE can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185699

DO NOT POST BUGS UNLESS IT IS A GRAPHICAL ISSUE

Donations: If you would like to donate to me, please instead forward your donation to one of the people/teams mentioned above. Thank you.
    I am sorry to disappoint you all, but there are too many issues present to go forward with this rom. Unfortunately the very few people involved with the development of this rom and I are not enough to fully diagnose the issues.

I hope you enjoyed this preview as much as I did. I learned a lot doing this and I hope you all did too, namely that anything is possible with enough determination.

Additionally, the links will not be taken down, so you may download at any time in the future if you wish.

Thank you to everyone for your support. Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge required to further the development of this rom, so this thread is now obsolete.

--
    CNexus
    Ok guys, heres the update.

Me and chubbzlou are working on voice, data, and wifi. So the next update will be a big one, stay tuned. :thumbup:
    From the moderator

People .....

My esteemed Friend and Moderator KennyGlass has reminded many of you ....... This Is A Development Thread, he also has been very kind, but to remind some of you.......... This is Not....

A... Q&A Thread ... Not a Gossip Thread.....IT IS A Development Thread

Please adhere to the rules that govern when posting in this thread.

That means POST ONLY DEVELOPMENT RELATED ISSUES........ ONLY

We will start infracting people who cannot or will not heed this request...

Thanks to this developer and all in this Thread we all will eventually have Sense (bug free soon) with everyone contributing

Thank you for your assistance in keeping this thread on topic

~~ oka1
    Anyway, in other unimportant news...

WIFI IS WORKING. OH YEAH. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Note: New build will be up tonight. DO NOT flash with TWRP 2.6.0.0. It doesn't run some things properly, use 2.5.0.0 or lower