[Q] kitkat root now wifi n hot spot not work? ?

Search This thread

13jkilgo

Feb 16, 2014
I updated to kitkat today after I unrooted then I used odin v1.85 n the tar.md5 file for rooting the rooting went fine but everytime I try to kick in wifi or hot spot it says" your phones security has blocked an action..."???
Also my baseband is mk2 n my buildnumber is nae

Last edited:

13jkilgo

Feb 16, 2014
Little more background info after updating I tried to put the nae hotspot mod into my framework n backed up my old ones by putting .bak n restarted the phone n the hotspot nor wifi worked so I removed the modded ones n put back the stock n tried that still didn't work n then unrooted n tried again n neither of the two work I can use any advice that is given Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

13jkilgo

Feb 16, 2014
Yeah I did but at this point I just want to get my wifi working even without root cause it's not working currently n I'm unrooted n which number do we look at for the hotspot mod the build number or the other one

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
You need to start from scratch, you say you updated to Kit Kat after unrooting?? The reason why your phone isn't working properly is your update didn't complete properly. You have mismatches in your software version and baseband. Did you update with the OTA file or did you install one of the semi custom roms from the development section. Anyway, the wifi problem is probably a mismatch between your baseband and your kernel. Sense your software is NAE and your baseband is MK2 I don't know which hotspot you should use. Straighten out your install first and then you should have working wifi and hotspot.

13jkilgo

Feb 16, 2014
Well how do I start from scratch to be honest I used the the supersu unroot tool cause mine was stock but rooted but then I hit the install icon in my notification window n it started installing the update n it succeeded n it says I'm on kit kat but software and basband version are on mk2 n my build number is nae ?

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
Well how do I start from scratch to be honest I used the the supersu unroot tool cause mine was stock but rooted but then I hit the install icon in my notification window n it started installing the update n it succeeded n it says I'm on kit kat but software and basband version are on mk2 n my build number is nae ?

Then the update failed. You could try to Odin the NAE modem files but that might not fix you. If it was me, I would try to Odin the stock mk2 file and see if it completes. If it fails, then your bootloader was upgraded to NAE and you won't be able to go stock. If it completes, then you should be fully mk2 again and you can try the ota and hopefully it succeeds this time.if it succeeds everything should show NAE.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: 13jkilgo

13jkilgo

Feb 16, 2014
This may sound stupid but we're do I bet the stock mk2 file from I'm new to this

13jkilgo

Feb 16, 2014
Yeah that's what I meant but thanks u appreciate it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Then the update failed. You could try to Odin the NAE modem files but that might not fix you. If it was me, I would try to Odin the stock mk2 file and see if it completes. If it fails, then your bootloader was upgraded to NAE and you won't be able to go stock. If it completes, then you should be fully mk2 again and you can try the ota and hopefully it succeeds this time.if it succeeds everything should show NAE.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD