Stock images?

Search This thread

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
Do we have access to the official M8 images yet for going back to full stock? I'm not planning on it yet, but I prefer having the ability to do so before starting to flash custom ROM's/kernels (which will hopefully start appearing soon). I haven't seen anything about this yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're not around.

muffnman

Feb 22, 2007
New York
Google Pixel XL
Moto Z3 Play
Do we have access to the official M8 images yet for going back to full stock? I'm not planning on it yet, but I prefer having the ability to do so before starting to flash custom ROM's/kernels (which will hopefully start appearing soon). I haven't seen anything about this yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're not around.

Once you S-off and toss on CWM, make a backup. Simple as that.

swest6602

Dec 18, 2009
Central MA
S-off this AM. Dropped phone this PM. Anyone know how I can get back to S-on & relock the bootloader? I actually paid for insurance thus time so want to get the screen, which shattered, fixed. :(

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

bloodiedwraith

Aug 22, 2008
New York
S-off this AM. Dropped phone this PM. Anyone know how I can get back to S-on & relock the bootloader? I actually paid for insurance thus time so want to get the screen, which shattered, fixed. :(

You have the HTC Advantage with the HTC One which means you get a free screen replacement from them, so no insurance deductible - http://www.htc.com/us/go/advantage/.

nicholi2789

Mar 19, 2013
Newport

HTC will fix the screen for you for free. And they don't care about s-off. They know that's not why the screen broke. And if you went the insurance route, Assurion doesn't even check for device modifications. I've sent 3 devices to assurion for insurance replacements that had custom roms installed and they didn't say anything. Two of those had broken screens.

swest6602

Dec 18, 2009
Central MA
I went thru Verizon. I'll have to check with them on the plan. I assume it is Assurion and not HTC, but I am not sure. Guess I can call rather than going into the store. Good to know they don't care about the software for such an obvious hardware (user created) problem. Most annoying- I have a case with a cover on the phone. Just the way I was holding it and the darn thing hit the ground (tile) face first. Thanks for the advice.

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
I don't think you are quite following.

What they are saying is that HTC will replace the screen once no matter if you have insurance or not. It is one of the things HTC is trying to do to differentiate themselves from other vendors.

swest6602

Dec 18, 2009
Central MA
After I posted I realized I may have misunderstood. I remembered hearing something about HTC's screen replacement policy, but it's just so damn consumer friendly that I must have blocked it out. I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for telling me so obviously. I am most definitely having a Monday. Ugh. Here's to a better Tuesday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
No worries! I hope your get it worked out, and sorry for your bad luck....

Out of curiosity, did you have a case on it?