[APP]Birthday SMS Updated v1.1(17th March) (Autosend)

Search This thread

mohitsapru

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2008
"India"
After going through this forum i decided to build this app.
this app is still a beta(plz test)
This basically allows a user to set up time when the device will wake up and check if there are any bdays(after 2 hrs) and if there is then it will send a user configurable message to that contact.
This app also allows the user to add all his contacts bday from contact list to the calendar as an appointment.
NOTE: This app will send messages to only those contacts who have been added thru this app.

Steps to use it:
1. Go to options and add contact Bdays.
2. Set a generic BDay wish message.
3. Set the scheduler default is 00:00Hrs
4. Options-> save and exit.

How It works:
1> Select all the Bday from the contacts in outlook contacts and add those in the calendar as an appointment.
2> User configures a birthday message to be sent thru the SMS to the BDay BOY/GIRL.:)
3> Select a scedule time at which the app will run and check if there are any bdays to be wished. (threshold time is 2hrs). This is done by creating a notification to save memory and battery.
4> After checking for any bdays the app will reschedule it self for the next day at the same time.
5> If there are bday in calendar it will send a SMS to that contact with ur wish message.

SocialSync
XDA member binary64 has developed a tool to import the facebook details to your outlook contacts,
so now you can get bdays for your contacts configured through facebook...
SocialSync

Requirement:
.net3.5

Please test and let me know if there are any problems.
To check for logs please find the log file in the install location/BDaySMS/log.msg (It contains success messages, Contact name to whom it has sent the message and error messages.)

NEW UPDATE

If you have installed the previous version(before v.3) please copy clean.zip and run it before you install the updated version. Clean.exe will clean the bday appointments created by the BDaySMS app from the calendar. It will not effect your other appointments.

Fixed some crashes and bugs.
Gives another option in menu to clean bdays appointments created by this app.
It creates bday appointments under the category "SMSBIRTHDAYS" earlier it was "BIRTHDAYS"

Before v.3 There was a crash every time a bday sms was sent. This has been fixed. PLZ take the new cab.

UPDATES FOR v0.3
1. User can now set a custom message with option to add name.
2. Clear Schedule now works, removes the schedule from device.
Using name:
NOTE: To add name of the person click add name button, this will insert a string in the message that will be replaced with the Contacts Nick Name or first name (if user has no nick name then it will take first name), So for your contacts please make sure that you have a correct Nick name or a First Name.

UPDATE FOR v0.4
1. BUG FIX: If there are more than one bdays on the same day and a custom name message has been configured, the application sends the same name to all the contacts. This issue has been fixed in v0.4 Thanks to Luigi_follina
2. Calendar event now has the status free.

UPDATE FOR v0.5
Added progress bar at the bottom to show the progress while adding contacts bday to calendar.

UPDATE FOR v0.6
1. Fixed an issue were it would send the message to the old number if the number was changed for a contact.(Thanks to Luigi for pointing out)
2. Clean the entries from menu option then add again.

Update for V 1.0
1. Appointments will be added as a fullday event.
2. The birthday messages sent will be saved in sent items of your sms.

v 1.1
1. Fixed condition where sendsms.exe keeps running in the background.

After installing clean the contacts bday first using the menu option in the app and then add again.

SUPPORT LATE NIGHTS- DONATE!

Last edited:

the0ne

Jan 2, 2007
Melbourne
www.1800pocketpc.com
This is a very useful app. thanks.

I have shared it here : BDaySMS ( 1800PocketPC ) , hope its ok with you

Screenshot :
BdaySMS-240x319.PNG

phoenix007_78

Jul 23, 2009
Bangalore
Hey, I have installed this app but, you missed to tell everyone that one should install .Net 3.5 to run this app. Well, I did and so far it makes sense.

Also, it makes sense to develop an app for filtering calls too...

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Hey, I have installed this app but, you missed to tell everyone that one should install .Net 3.5 to run this app. Well, I did and so far it makes sense.

Also, it makes sense to develop an app for filtering calls too...

Yeah my bad, well thanks for pointing out will update it..

And i think call filtering apps are already there...well not sure but seen lot of stuffs like these.

Last edited:

Luigi_Follina

May 15, 2007
First bug

It is not a blocking bug, but something that can be enached.

I saw that the program looks among my Outlook contact and makes a match with the Outlook calendar events, which is fantastic.
But for the contacts that have also a "Middle Name", for some reasons, the program creates a new calendar event and basically does not consider the already present events.

I dont know is I wrote correctly the bug; I hope so.

Many Thanks!
Ciao!

mavisdavis

Aug 22, 2005
FACEBOOK

I saw that the program looks among my Outlook contact and makes a match with the Outlook calendar events, which is fantastic.
But for the contacts that have also a "Middle Name", for some reasons, the program creates a new calendar event and basically does not consider the already present events.

Many Thanks!
Ciao!

This is an awsome application but I was wondering if something could be intigrated into facebook to allow people to send a message to friends on there who list thier numbers and birthdays... NOW that would sell a million ;-) Like Moonpig.com but for Mobiles lol... also maybe choose a preset picture message too... just a few things to get ya teeth sunk into this xmas

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"

Many Thanks!
Ciao!

Yes i was expecting that, as it looks for the first and the last name only...
i think it should satisfy almost all names, so i overlooked that.
and one more thing even if it overlooks the already added events it might not trigger sms for those as they were not added thru this application.
so u might have to delete the already present (birthday)events which were not created using this and then run add contacts from this app again

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
This is an awsome application but I was wondering if something could be intigrated into facebook to allow people to send a message to friends on there who list thier numbers and birthdays... NOW that would sell a million ;-) Like Moonpig.com but for Mobiles lol... also maybe choose a preset picture message too... just a few things to get ya teeth sunk into this xmas

ya nice idea but for that i need a facebook account first...:D

Luigi_Follina

May 15, 2007
Yes i was expecting that, as it looks for the first and the last name only...
i think it should satisfy almost all names, so i overlooked that.
and one more thing even if it overlooks the already added events it might not trigger sms for those as they were not added thru this application.
so u might have to delete the already present (birthday)events which were not created using this and then run add contacts from this app again

That is absolutely fine with me! Thanks :)

umesh

Oct 16, 2006
yes this is true. but thanks to idea from this forum

Mohit, thanks for giving shape to the idea. I've set it on my phone though had some issues with display on Touch HD but was able to use the controls and set it up. Couple of questions that I had in mind -
1. Does it have to be left running at all times or can I at least shove it off my running task list.
2. Every time I add a new contact and his / her birthday do I have to update this software too to add the new contact to it's list.

But otherwise it seems to be a nice piece of work. If you can spare some time for refinement do let me know.

Thanks,
Umesh.

draven187

Jun 8, 2007
Earth
Can you tell me if it works on your contacts or your calander?

Sorry didn't read the first post.. found the awser in there.

Last edited: