Come on Samsung!!!!!!!!! Where are all your apps?

Who is a bit anoyed at the lack of apps

• Total voters
Search This thread

NZ_Nitro

Apr 4, 2011
I have found a few good ones but when you really look there is actually very little available still, and stop putting the same app in different categories to make it look like there is more there than there really is grrrrr

rhonda69

Apr 26, 2014
I have found a few good ones but when you really look there is actually very little available still, and stop putting the same app in different categories to make it look like there is more there than there really is grrrrr

I agree samsung need to tidy there categories up it was the same for the first gear TIDY UP

juiceppc

Nov 22, 2005
Oh yeah, there's no reason whatsoever this watch needs Android... None... Just build an ecosystem from scratch. Again...

Tizen = Samsung grab for control.

Give it up Samsung your stupid OS will not make it. Give-it-up.

highlordkram

Nov 21, 2006
Las Vegas
Too much negativity on here. There are already more apps for Gear 2 than there were for the Galaxy Gear. Also, many more should be coming with the contest for developers that Samsung has coming up. Remember that the iPhone did not even have apps on it at first and that Jobs said they were not needed. He was wrong, and apps are necessary now, but they will come. Give it a little more time.

juiceppc

Nov 22, 2005
You're right. Negativity is not good. I really didn't see the need for Tizen though... Samsung really did it's customers a disservice. To say that the OS was not important demeaned our intelligence.

NZ_Nitro

Apr 4, 2011
Too much negativity on here. There are already more apps for Gear 2 than there were for the Galaxy Gear. Also, many more should be coming with the contest for developers that Samsung has coming up. Remember that the iPhone did not even have apps on it at first and that Jobs said they were not needed. He was wrong, and apps are necessary now, but they will come. Give it a little more time.

Have you actually counted them? there is not many at all

gunflight

Mar 18, 2006
Costa Mesa
Yup I'm kinda regretting this purchase. It was gimmicky for a week or two but I'm not finding it to useful really. If there was a bunch of apps it would be different. If Samsung goes the Tizen route with their phones I will go back to HTC or LG. Great devices but Tizen blows. Seems like nobody wants to develop for it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

JimSmith94

Jul 21, 2007
Midlothian, TX
Smart Watches
Android Wear
Yup I'm kinda regretting this purchase. It was gimmicky for a week or two but I'm not finding it to useful really. If there was a bunch of apps it would be different. If Samsung goes the Tizen route with their phones I will go back to HTC or LG. Great devices but Tizen blows. Seems like nobody wants to develop for it.

Now that the Gear 1 is going Tizen, I sure hope they get on the ball and convert all of their Android apps to Tizen. They should have done that before they ever put Tizen on a watch to begin with.

Reactions: Saccs

T-Anthony78

Jan 27, 2014
Hardly any of the Android apps for the GG1 worked anyway. Notifications work great, but I liked the watch styler feature of the original Gear and the ability to side load Android apps to the watch that made sense. I flashed Tizen to my Gear 1 last night. I was under the impression it would bring consistency across all 3 devices (GG, G2, G2N). Still not consistent as original Gear owners (even though running same OS) still don't have access to same apps or user experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

rEVOLVE

Nov 16, 2006
At this point, the one I miss the most as I used it daily no my Pebble is Evernote.
Heck just some simple list syncing app where I can send my shopping or todo tasklist from my phone/computer to the watch and tick items off as I complete them would have been ok until we get a proper Evernote client as promised in the marketing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Now that the Gear 1 is going Tizen, I sure hope they get on the ball and convert all of their Android apps to Tizen. They should have done that before they ever put Tizen on a watch to begin with.