Warranty Question.

Search This thread

Swooshie

Jun 9, 2014
Hi looked around and can't find this information anywhere.

I bought my Z2 from Taiwan does Sony UK cover it under warranty?
Flap for Sim card keeps reopening which is quiet annoying and dont want to send it all the way back just to fix a flap.

Thanks for help

hanano17

Mar 1, 2011
Fort Lauderdale
Hi looked around and can't find this information anywhere.

I bought my Z2 from Taiwan does Sony UK cover it under warranty?
Flap for Sim card keeps reopening which is quiet annoying and dont want to send it all the way back just to fix a flap.

Thanks for help

I don't think there is a clear answer for this. I have a significant issue that apparently requires mine to be sent in for service. I tried Sony US first, and they told me that they'd have no problem servicing it...if they had the parts. They said because its not released here yet, they don't have the parts and would be unable to service it for now. So I contacted Sony UK, they emailed saying the warranty is region specific and gave me a shipping address to send it to them, but clearly it sounded like they hadn't looked up my IMEI. I was worried I'd encounter a problem, so I did a live chat to the UK and she confirmed that I'd have to send it to Taiwan. Either center would be out of my pocket for shipping. Which I'm sure is going to cost over $100.

Anyway, to sum up an answer. From the US rep perspective it seems like as long as a center has the parts and the phone released, they'd be able to service it. From the UK rep, not so much. I get the feeling if you call and cause a stink, maybe Sony UK would take it? Otherwise, I think you are going to have to send it to Taiwan like me.