[Q] Does the XperiaM camera still blue tint problem after two firmware updates?

Search This thread

andyxoxo

Jan 13, 2014
Greetings, now that there is a new root method (towelroot) for the new firmware 15.4.A.1.9 (Android 4.3) for single sim Xperia M I am interested to update but ONLY if the camera's blueish tint problem has been fixed. Otherwise it's pointless.

I am on Android 4.1.2, 15.1.C.2.8 and the blueish tint problem under certain lighting conditions is well documented. But what is not documented is whether the newest firmware fixes this...

Can anyone help a brother out?

andyxoxo

Jan 13, 2014
Darn, didn't realize this was gonna be such a hard question to answer. I guess this phone really is a low-use device :(

RedLedLight

Feb 18, 2014
No I didn't notice anything blueish... It is fine by me ;)

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RedLedLight

Feb 18, 2014
Here are two pictures :)
1405253047427.jpg

1405253079042.jpg

They were taken at 19:30 :), at let's say low light. (Sorry for double posting. I couldn't attach pictures after editing the above post :confused:)
My Xperia M has a NyanCat boot animation ;)

Last edited:

Vroyaloko

Dec 6, 2013
Tangerang
Well, there's no more bluish tint in my camera in JB 4.3. :D
But, if it still bluish, try to use other camera software :fingers-crossed:
If it really still bluish, well you need to go to service center :silly:

iks8

Nov 18, 2012
Bug is still there but not so common. This bug can be easly "enabled" via few steps:
1. Find place with weak light source
2. Open camera - everything is fine
3. Cover camera lens with something for few seconds
4. Uncover it - everthing is blue

andyxoxo

Jan 13, 2014
For me it happens with JB 4.1.2 with certain types of indoor light and background. Often I would be at a restaurant and take pics of my girlfriend with the white balance set to Auto and the whole pic is bluish. Changing the White Balance to fluorescent then fixes it. Have duplicated this blue tint problem at many locations and backgrounds. My girlfriend also has an Xperia M with the same problem so I know it's not my phone specifically plus this problem has been talked about many many times on this and other forums.

Using another camera app does not help (I tried at least seven different ones). But I chose Snap Camera due to the ability to place a quick toggle for the white balance (so not to get blue freakin pics all the time) :(