[Q] Busted Stock Recovery or Am I doing it wrong?

Search This thread

speedysilwady

Oct 9, 2009
Ive managed to get into stock recovery a couple times but its not working anymore...the last time i got into recovery, i clicked clear cache out of curiosity thinking it would clear the dalvik cache cuz some of my apps were being weird... (im still unrooted running bone stock) i hold down the Volume Up and Down keys at the same time along with power, and i get the Vibrant screen then a black screen, i keep holding all 3 buttons, Vibrant, then black screen, then vibrant then black screen, and thats all it does, i let go of power and then it loads the phone as usual but wont get into recovery, is something wrong or am i doing this all wrong?

edit, i held onto it and waited a very long time, much longer than i used to but i finally got it to load and now it gives me this message:

Code:
 --Movi_check Start..!!
checksum confirmation need_checksum[0]
Not need checksum confirmation

-- Movi_check already executed!!...

--movi_checking done!...
  #MANUAL MODE#

--Appling Multi-CSC...
Installing Multi-CSC

i should probably add that i am trying to root right now, and have the package renamed to update.zip but i started getting all that before i even rooted. Is this normal?

Last edited:

MV10

Jul 16, 2010
FL
I've had to try it several times on the couple of Vibrants I've rooted and de-bloated so far. It definitely seems to be more picky about going into recovery mode than the G1s I did a couple weeks ago.

Jataadroid

Jan 9, 2011
please some one find a solution cuz i just grabbed a vibrant and after managing to get out of "too many attempts" lock out, finally got it reset, now i cant get it to go into recovery for the life of me...have a rooted evo...i know theyre different but the directions are pretty simple...help

jamesd86

Feb 7, 2009
Delaware
is the recovery working after the csc check?? mine did that a few times when CWM recovery was acting funny but it popped up with the reinstall packages after the csc check was finished.

if it is working, an easy way to get into stock recovery is through adb. just hook up the phone, run adb devices to ensure the phone is being recognized and then run adb reboot recovery to access recovery. will also work to get into download mode, it's adb reboot download. that would be how i would have gotten around the too many attempts on the password. at least i think that would work..