[RECOVERY] [Touchpad] TWRP 2.3.2.3 with on-screen keyboard! [2012-12-17]

Search This thread

Seanbest

Dec 31, 2010
Front Royal, VA
I have only used TWRP 2.5 on my TP. I have backed up Oats rom which are cm 10 and 10.1 based. Flashed kernels and other zips as well.

Sent from my SGH-I747

nickster1

Dec 8, 2011
Minneapolis
Google Pixel 7
New version of Twrp is out. I don't know if I'm going to update or not just cause 2.5 is working so well. If anyone updates to the latest version please post here if backup and restore are working well. Thanks!

CHANGELOG for 2.6.0.0:
-Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
-Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
-Updated exFAT to latest commits
-Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
-Update SuperSU binary
-Fixed saving of backup partitions list
-Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
-Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
-Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
-Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
-Various other bug fixes and tweaks

If you use a TWRP-Theme you have to delete it till the theme got modified.
You can still leave the theme on, but you won´t see the new encrypted backups setting and so on

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Hey guys, just surfing the forum and figured I'd pop in to see what's up :) It doesn't look like VIVIDboarder will be maintaining this thread any longer if you base it on a recent post by him on the Transformer TF101 thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43394277&postcount=84

Since the TP version is an official build, might be a good idea to either PM him or Dees_Troy to see who can at least update the thread when new versions are released. I would PM one of them myself but I sold my TP last month.

As an aside, I'm using 2.6.0.0 on both my N7 and Nook HD+ with no issues as yet. However, it seems that the Galaxy Nexus people are having issues copying over their nandroids to a PC. It wasn't just one person having the issue, there were multiple posts. It appears to be some kind of permissions issue and I'm guessing results can/will vary by device.

Anyway, maybe my buddy nickster1, who I know loves TWRP :D can PM one of the above-mentioned people and get this thread freshened.

Take care guys,
Mike T

Reactions: nickster1

Axe Homeless

Jan 5, 2011
Hello guys, I would love to get some help.

My recovery got stolen!
I actually used TWRP since the Gingerbread days and I didn't even account for the data/media things etc, so when I tried out kitkat and the repartitioning, I wanted to update the TWRP. Unfortunatly I can't seem to get the ADB drivers working again and GooManager always failed to even start to download the recovery.

I did a factory reset and went back to 4.3 and tried it again and GooManager downloaded and "installed" TWRP 2.6.3.6 "succesfully", I rebooted and the recovery was gone. Nothing there, the option is gone from boot completly.

No idea what to do, now GooManager doesn't download it again. So I'm stuck without a recovery.

Can you help me?

jforme

Apr 16, 2008
Chennai, Bangalore
Hello guys, I would love to get some help.

My recovery got stolen!
I actually used TWRP since the Gingerbread days and I didn't even account for the data/media things etc, so when I tried out kitkat and the repartitioning, I wanted to update the TWRP. Unfortunatly I can't seem to get the ADB drivers working again and GooManager always failed to even start to download the recovery.

I did a factory reset and went back to 4.3 and tried it again and GooManager downloaded and "installed" TWRP 2.6.3.6 "succesfully", I rebooted and the recovery was gone. Nothing there, the option is gone from boot completly.

No idea what to do, now GooManager doesn't download it again. So I'm stuck without a recovery.

Can you help me?

I thought TWRP 2.6.3.0 is the latest version (http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/tenderloin) and I have this version on my touchpad and works brilliantly. You might want to download this file from above link and rename the file to "uImage.TWRP" and push it to /boot using rootexplorer or similar app with root access. Hope this helps you.

Reactions: MerenQue

Axe Homeless

Jan 5, 2011
I thought TWRP 2.6.3.0 is the latest version (http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/tenderloin) and I have this version on my touchpad and works brilliantly. You might want to download this file from above link and rename the file to "uImage.TWRP" and push it to /boot using rootexplorer or similar app with root access. Hope this helps you.

That was way esier than I thought it could ever be after all the ****ery of the last weeks. And yeah, 2.6.3.3 is on my nexus 4, you were right.

Thank you so much! The recovery seems to work again.

Unfortunatly, I still don't know how to tell her to make her backups into /data/media and not SD-Card or to mount /data by default. I want the TWRP to behave like on my Nexus 4/7, is this possible?

Thanks so much again.

graffix31

Oct 9, 2011
Boston
what version of android are you guys running twrp on? does the new version of twrp work with milaq's new data media builds?
thanks

Gil1957

Apr 21, 2012
Problem downloading TWRP

I asked this in the Q and A section, but I thought I would ask here also. I went to Goo Manager and followed the prompts to download TWRP. After reboot, there is no TWRP and there is no Clockwork Mod. I only have WebOS recovery. Any suggestions on how to get back either TWRP or ClockworkMod?

Thanks

fcknghll

Aug 23, 2009
I asked this in the Q and A section, but I thought I would ask here also. I went to Goo Manager and followed the prompts to download TWRP. After reboot, there is no TWRP and there is no Clockwork Mod. I only have WebOS recovery. Any suggestions on how to get back either TWRP or ClockworkMod?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat as Gil, any thoughts on how to get CWM or TWRP showing up on moboot without running the whole ACMEinstaller script?

Thanks!

*I'm using moboot 0.3.8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.3, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.3.2.3:
    -Fix to libraries to avoid issues when formatting partitions

CHANGELOG for 2.3.2.1:
    -Updates to fix permissions
    -Fix USB OTG on GNex

CHANGELOG for 2.3.2.0:
    -Fixes / enhancements to handle the multiple user setup introduced by Android 4.2 (see notes)
    -Fixed a bug with deleting a backup with a space in the name
    -Added highlights on keyboard key presses

CHANGELOG for 2.3.1.0:
    -Unmount system after boot to prevent some status 7 symlink failed errors on zip install
    -USB Mass Storage code improvements
    -Better handling of mounting storage during boot for some devices
    -Fixed a problem with sizes of images (boot & recovery) after resetting defaults
    -Fixed size errors during backup for some devices on recovery, etc.
    -Fixed a problem with restoring backups when multiple archives were present

CHANGELOG for 2.3.0.0:
    -Rebased onto AOSP Jelly Bean source code
    -Rewrote backup, restore, wipe, and mount code in C++ classes for easier maintenance going forward
    NOTE: backups from prior versions of TWRP are still compatible with 2.3
    -ADB sideload functionality from AOSP is included in 2.3, see this link for more info
    -Re-wrote fix permissions entirely in C++ and runs in a few seconds instead of a few minutes (thanks to bigbiff)
    -Improvements to zip finding in OpenRecoveryScript (should be a lot fewer GooManager automation issues)
    -Faster boot times
    -Added charging indicator while in recovery (only updates once every 60 seconds)

While this update may not bring a host of new must-have features, this update is a significant re-write of much of the core TWRP code. AOSP Jelly Bean recovery source moved to mostly C++ code and now all of the "TWRP" code is fully rewritten into C++ as well. Now that we've laid this groundwork, we're in a much better position to pull in future AOSP recovery updates as well as implementing more great new features.

Since TWRP 2.3 is based on AOSP jelly bean sources, TWRP now uses recovery API 3 instead of 2. Some zips may no longer work if the developer is using an out-of-date update-binary. This API change should not be a problem on newer devices, but older devices will probably encounter several zips that need to be updated. If needed, you can try using this update-binary that was compiled with current sources. It goes in your zip file in the META-INF/com/google/android folder.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!
    Direct Download

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    Time for the 2.2.0 update!
    video tutorial

Here's a video on installing and using TWRP 2.2.0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIvWVS_Rkxo
    Could someone upload the zip for 2.2.0? I can't use Goo Manager, and the zip on the main website still 2.1.0.

I made the below by putting the new 2.2.0 image into the unpacked old 2.1.0 zip from the web site, then zipping and signing it. So, the below should work, but I haven't tried it as I've been waiting for the fixes from TeamWin that hopefully come this week? Be aware that this method brings up TWRP under the CWM pick in moboot, so you might have 2 recovery images in /boot. You are using at your own risk.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8228367/twrp_2.2.0_s.zip
    Bummmmp dat for 2.1!