[Q] Problem with Verizon?

Search This thread

droidj

Aug 1, 2010
Hey guys, my phone has been working fine until 3 days ago. I am running the latest Eclipse rom. I woke up one morning to send a text and it wouldn't go through, it kept failing, so I restarted my phone to send it, and it worked. Later that day I went to send another message but it didn't work again, so I did the same thing. Now, I can't receive, or send texts (I can't even do calls) without having to turn airplane mode on and off every 5 minutes. I tried factory reset and that didn't work. My brother doesn't have any problem with his iPhone so maybe this is an S3 thing or something.

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Hey guys, my phone has been working fine until 3 days ago. I am running the latest Eclipse rom. I woke up one morning to send a text and it wouldn't go through, it kept failing, so I restarted my phone to send it, and it worked. Later that day I went to send another message but it didn't work again, so I did the same thing. Now, I can't receive, or send texts (I can't even do calls) without having to turn airplane mode on and off every 5 minutes. I tried factory reset and that didn't work. My brother doesn't have any problem with his iPhone so maybe this is an S3 thing or something.

Not the s3 or verizon so probably the rom.

Obaterista93

Apr 4, 2011
Williamsport
Google Pixel 5

Are you from either the 570 or 717 area codes? There are a lot of people from those areas(myself included) that are having this issue on AOSP with no current known fix.

droidj

Aug 1, 2010
no but i have seen those posts... i flashed the slimkat rom and it seems everything is now fixed

edit: hour later, phone is starting to act up again. only way i can send messages is to toggle airplane mode. i have no idea if anyone is trying to reach me... phone status says i'm connected with mobile network, in service. i have no idea what could be causing this.

Last edited: