[Q] Kindle Fire powers off after displaying blue/white FFF logo for two seconds

Search This thread

HunterEX

Sep 28, 2012
I've been scouring threads and trying to solutions for this problem for the last 3 days.

After wiping the ROM and restoring the stock OS, I was about to run the Amazon update to restore the stock bootloader but as I was charging it past the 40% point, it turned off without warning. It was at 37% charge at that point. Now when I turn it on, the blue/white logo shows up and then the device shuts off almost instantly after that.

The only thing I think might've caused it is that in order to charge the device recently, I've had to wiggle around the power cord a LOT to get it to the charge, and the device turned off while I was doing do.

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
What happens if you go to recovery? Does it remain booted? If so do a wipe factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik then select reboot. See if it will boot to the system from there.

Reactions: tmj115

HunterEX

Sep 28, 2012
Are you positive it shuts off and doesn't just boot to a black screen? Some of this sounds like a 5 second bootloop but not entirely http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1623244 from what your describing it should have more charge. Turn it off plug it in via USB describe what happens.

Yeah, I've read that. I hit the power button, the blue/white Kindle Fire logo shows up (at the bottom it says press the power button for the menu) but then it shuts off right after that.

HunterEX

Sep 28, 2012
Yeah...what's getting me is that it was all working fine until I tried to charge it by the aforementioned wiggling the power cord in the charge port. Unless that was just a coincidence and is irrelevant.

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
I think Kinfuans is trying to tell you that your battery is flat. Power it off by holding down the power button for twenty or so seconds, plug it into your computer, set your computer to avoid sleeping then let it sit a few hours or overnight. It should eventually boot.

Reactions: tmj115

HunterEX

Sep 28, 2012
As soon as I plug it into the USB, it goes into an endless cycle of powering on and off. Even if it's off already, plugging it in makes it attempt to turn on.

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
As soon as I plug it into the USB, it goes into an endless cycle of powering on and off. Even if it's off already, plugging it in makes it attempt to turn on.

With the device turned off completely, plug it in and let it power on. Immediately hold the power until it shuts off. If you're lucky, it will power off completely, then you can leave it alone to charge.

HunterEX

Sep 28, 2012
riethololes

With the device turned off completely, plug it in and let it power on. Immediately hold the power until it shuts off. If you're lucky, it will power off completely, then you can leave it alone to charge.

Not so lucky as it just immediately tries to turn back on. I think the thing is just toast.

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
Well, getting it to shut down while plugged in, might be your only option toward getting it to charge. I've had that same problem and that's how it got fixed. You might want to leave it alone for a while and try it again. Just remember to hold the power button as soon as you plug it in, and hold it for at least 30 seconds.

HunterEX

Sep 28, 2012
No joy, whatever I do to make it power off so I can charge it is useless; it just automatically tries to power up as long as it's plugged in. I think the charge is too damaged or something.

sevine

Apr 29, 2011
i am having almost the exact issue. except i didn't do anything rootwise or anything really. i used it as i normally would (facebook, web browsing etc.) battery got to like half so i plugged it into a wall charger and left if for a few hours. came back and it had turned off. now it will only turn on if it is unplugged with the same results as op. 1.4a blue and white logo screen for like 2 seconds then it turns right back off. i can't get to recovery i can't do anything.
edit: when it is plugged in i can't turn it on at all.
edit2: i let it charge overnight on my computer, still the same thing. this is very disheartening.

Last edited:

kishorev

Jan 21, 2012
Chennai
Google Pixel 4a
LG Wing
i am having almost the exact issue. except i didn't do anything rootwise or anything really. i used it as i normally would (facebook, web browsing etc.) battery got to like half so i plugged it into a wall charger and left if for a few hours. came back and it had turned off. now it will only turn on if it is unplugged with the same results as op. 1.4a blue and white logo screen for like 2 seconds then it turns right back off. i can't get to recovery i can't do anything.
edit: when it is plugged in i can't turn it on at all.
edit2: i let it charge overnight on my computer, still the same thing. this is very disheartening.

Did u try letting it charge overnight on the stock charger given by Amazon.. sometimes it works

Top Liked Posts