What is your experience with SanDisk 64gb cards and the Note 2?

Search This thread

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
I've upgraded to one after using a 32gb for a while. It's worked perfectly. I formatted to fat32 because I often run aosp. Wasn't an issue.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
The problems I have had with Sandisk are not corruption, the cards completely cease to function & will not even reformat.

Sure, they replace the junk under warranty but it's still a PITA.

You guys buy whatever you want, I don't really care but it makes little sense to me to buy Sandisk when there are other brands available that are far more trouble free.

I have had a ton of memory cards over the years & the one brand I will never buy again is Sandisk (the only reason I bought them originally was no other brand made a 64 gig at the time)

I've had a lot of San disk cards without any problems.
Doesn't the literature say the phone only officially supports 32gb cards? Maybe this is the reason why. Unstable at higher storage amounts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
Initially I was very interested in picking up this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820171582

Then I thought about something. First off, internal memory is significantly faster than even a Class 10 Micro SDXC card. Like, way faster. It's the reason why the camera app defers to internal memory for Burst shots and Slow Motion video modes. It requires that higher bandwidth and faster latency to write properly and keep up with what the camera is sending to be saved.

Second, internal memory is bound to start hitting 32GB minimum by the end of 2013. I won't be needing a new device until at least the Note 3, maybe even a Note 4 (I hope they continue that far into the future) and I'm sure we'll have at least double the internal memory we have now at that point. When you factor in that internal memory is going to be expanding past the point of needing an SD Card, what's the point in even buying a 64GB card now? If you have a 32GB card, like I do, then cool use it in the Note 2 to get that little bit of extra storage space. But the closer we get to 32GB minimum internal storage, the closer I get to not caring about external storage needs in my device.

Now removeable batteries better stay in Samsung devices. That I can't go without :p

shill1986

Dec 25, 2012
North Port, Florida
myworld.ebay.com
I went ahead and sprung 100 dollars for the Samsung class 10 (well uhs1 but...). Solid card, like it a lot, though I'm sure no different from a SanDisk in terms of performance, stability is another matter. I just really like Samsung products. Always been quality for me ever since I got my TVs I try to stick with em

I originally got it for the SD Swap but haven't got around to doing it because I'm pretty sure it formats the card first and I haven't been around a computer to back out up recently. I don't really take pictures and 3-4gb fits all my must have music. Apps can fill a phone quite quick.

Sent via VZW Galaxy Note ll running Beans Build 9

Last edited:

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Purchase one last week put it in phone all was fine till I rebooted to recovery then when phone restarted. Said blank sd or unsupported file system. So I ordered a usb card reader since none of my computers will format it to fat32 . Hope it works cuz I need the space

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Admiral2145

Sep 28, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6
I went ahead and sprung 100 dollars for the Samsung class 10 (well uhs1 but...). Solid card, like it a lot, though I'm sure no different from a SanDisk in terms of performance, stability is another matter. I just really like Samsung products. Always been quality for me ever since I got my TVs I try to stick with em

I originally got it for the SD Swap but haven't got around to doing it because I'm pretty sure it formats the card first and I haven't been around a computer to back out up recently. I don't really take pictures and 3-4gb fits all my must have music. Apps can fill a phone quite quick.

Sent via VZW Galaxy Note ll running Beans Build 9

You paid to much.. I got mine for 43 bux from Amazon...

thenuke1

Jan 14, 2013
Los Angeles 818
2 things that people report about these cards are

#1.apparently the first batch that were sold in 2012 were defective but sandisk is accepting responsibility and insuring a full warranty exchange for a new one from the new pile

heres an email straight from Sandisk

Sandisk has been experiencing a higher than normal return rate on their 64gb cards and has recalled a part of their inventory. They will be replacing the defective units with working ones. Expect a delay of about a week.

everyone should be safe to buy these now

#2 there seems to be a problem with a double partition on these cards ? some note 2s have issues with it some dont (go figure) but there is a way to remove the 2nd partition which requires a small amount of work and patience and if you made it to this site then you obviously can do both. its somewhere in the forum just do a quick search.

Reactions: nrfitchett4

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
Good to know. I might look at this if now people report success. Disappointed in the usable space for apps.

shellie03

Dec 22, 2012
Nashville
I bought a SanDisk class 10 64gb off Amazon. I used it straight out of the box on all the cleanrom's with no issues at all since December 2012. I had to reformat it to fat32 for the jedirom and been using it a month a while now with no problems at all.

bphillips562

Nov 16, 2012
Long Beach
Not one issue

The only time I had an issue with the SanDisk 64 was user error... I tried Vanilla and it was a friggin' mess... had to download a quick program to get it reformatted back to Fat32 but not a problem with the micro....

universexda

Dec 30, 2012
After I first installed the Sandisk 64gb card in my Verizon Note 2 it didn't show up in Settings->Storage and no app could see it. I formatted it from the phone and then it showed up. That was 3 months ago and no problems since. All the talk about Sandisk cards has caused me to regularly back up the card to my PC however.

ExcuseTheN00b

Jun 21, 2011
Going 3 weeks on my SanDisk 64gb Class 10 card from Amazon formatted to exfat and using Beans Rom with stock kernel. No problems at all.

Sandisk class 10 64gb. Running beans 10 vrall kernel. No formatting or problems with other roms so far.

Going 3 weeks on my SanDisk 64gb Class 10 card from Amazon formatted to exfat and using Beans Rom with stock kernel. No problems at all.

Same setup and results here. I did have some problems using the card with Beans 10 and the PBJ kernel, a reboot loop when Media Scanner starts, but it works fine with the Perseus kernel and the Beans Stock. Perseus made the UI a bit choppy IMO, but the Beans kernel is nice and smooth.

cbdudek

Sep 10, 2010
The lack of a 32gb Note 2 means I would have to use a 64gb card with it, we're I to purchase the phone. I currently have a 32gb S3. I originally bought a 64gb card with my S3 but experienced nothing but problems with it. When I go to the SanDisk support forums it appears I am not the only one; lots of people report the exact same problem, the card would basically die after 1hr to a couple of days. Card would show as damaged on phone, require a reformat, reformat would fail. Nothing could be done after that. I have used both a SanDisk and a Samsung 32gb card for years in various phones with no problems of any kind. When the problem happened with the 64GB card, I returned it, was told it was defective when it didn't work for the seller, was given a replacement, and the same thing happened. The seller just returned my money and said they didn't want to sell me anymore cards because they didn't know how I was f'ing them up. They couldn't get them to work again either. I ask because this is the only thing keeping me from buying a Note 2 TODAY. Anyone using a SanDisk 64gb card with theirs?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

I have a 64gb Sandisk card and it works great. I don't swap these cards at all, and I loaded it up with music and movies. Works great.

pmjj

Jan 27, 2012
Akron, Ohio
Sandisk 64 is Perfect

I have also been using the SanDisk 64 bg card since month 1 of ownership with no problems! I am even using the Perseus card swap in JelleyBeans and it is working wonderfully !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not 100% sure because I haven't tested out yet but I'd heard exFat formatted SD cards WOULD NOT be supported on AOKP, CM10, or non-touchwiz based roms.....
    If you use touchwiz based roms such as Jelly 'Beans' build 9 or clean roms, you'll be fine.
    2 things that people report about these cards are

#1.apparently the first batch that were sold in 2012 were defective but sandisk is accepting responsibility and insuring a full warranty exchange for a new one from the new pile

heres an email straight from Sandisk

Sandisk has been experiencing a higher than normal return rate on their 64gb cards and has recalled a part of their inventory. They will be replacing the defective units with working ones. Expect a delay of about a week.

everyone should be safe to buy these now

#2 there seems to be a problem with a double partition on these cards ? some note 2s have issues with it some dont (go figure) but there is a way to remove the 2nd partition which requires a small amount of work and patience and if you made it to this site then you obviously can do both. its somewhere in the forum just do a quick search.
    Sandisk class 10 64gb. Running beans 10 vrall kernel. No formatting or problems with other roms so far.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app